Climate change Heatwave turns already arid Kazakh steppe into mass grave for horses

Archetype0ne

Reaction score
Ethnic group
Albanian
Y-DNA haplogroup
L283>Y21878>Y197198
Graphic warning.

Heatwave turns already arid Kazakh steppe into mass grave for horses

[https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-...akh-steppe-into-mass-grave-horses-2021-08-06/]

Woah!!! Poor animals, they are trapped in wildfires and are burned alive. This reminds me of the Australian wildfires where burned Koala bears were running around crying from pain and for help.

That said, all these wildfires in Australia or Southern Europe, Turkey are the result of arson or sometimes of dumped cigarettes. Greek reporters for example wrote about multiple people being arrested for arson. So, while there is a real problem with excessive heatwaves, the wildfires are often caused by humans and not climate change, etc.

Woah!!! Poor animals, they are trapped in wildfires and are burned alive. This reminds me of the Australian wildfires where burned Koala bears were running around crying from pain and for help.

That said, all these wildfires in Australia or Southern Europe, Turkey are the result of arson or sometimes of dumped cigarettes. Greek reporters for example wrote about multiple people being arrested for arson. So, while there is a real problem with excessive heatwaves, the wildfires are often caused by humans and not climate change, etc.

In this case there is no fire...

These steppes are semi deserts. There is nothing to catch flames, in the absence of grazing matter. And due to the draught there is no grazing matter. Hence these horses have nothing to eat, and nothing to drink. They die of starvation and dehydration.

Not sure where we are headed as a species. Chances are we can live in massive domes, and what we are foreseeing for Mars and other planets might have to be deployed on earth for the select few that have the resources to survive, if the trend continues.

I found it telling when "Paradise" California burned some years ago. Hell on earth is closer than most people are aware.

"In Mangistau, this has meant that horses have nothing to graze on and prices of hay and barley have skyrocketed. Some farmers tear wet cardboard into pieces to mix with feed for extra volume."

"
Mangistau province as a whole has reported more than 1,000 horse, cattle and sheep deaths and the government has said it is sending barley to the area."

In this case there is no fire...

These steppes are semi deserts. There is nothing to catch flames, in the absence of grazing matter. And due to the draught there is no grazing matter. Hence these horses have nothing to eat, and nothing to drink. They die of starvation and dehydration.

Not sure where we are headed as a species. Chances are we can live in massive domes, and what we are foreseeing for Mars and other planets might have to be deployed on earth for the select few that have the resources to survive, if the trend continues.

I found it telling when "Paradise" California burned some years ago. Hell on earth is closer than most people are aware.

"In Mangistau, this has meant that horses have nothing to graze on and prices of hay and barley have skyrocketed. Some farmers tear wet cardboard into pieces to mix with feed for extra volume."

"
Mangistau province as a whole has reported more than 1,000 horse, cattle and sheep deaths and the government has said it is sending barley to the area."

Thanks for the clarification. I conflated this case with the heatwaves and wildfires in Greece and Turkey. Anyway, starvation to death is also no joke. I personally think, that boundless greed, the thirst for quick cash, lobbying, are killing nature and our planet. The thing is, profit maximization is always put first, and above the protection of nature even when the future generations will pay a high price for that. People talk about climate change, but are rarely aware of the massive pollution of the oceans which is even more troubling. The thing is, that in the nearer future they'll be more plastic in the oceans than fishes since plastic doesn't really break down. However, the governments (including those who pretend to care about climate change or the environment), still allow companies to produce plastics as if there is no tomorrow instead to invest, to promote and research for alternatives. If you, for instance , go into a grocery you find all kinds of unnecessary plastic packaging.

Thanks for the clarification. I conflated this case with the heatwaves and wildfires in Greece and Turkey. Anyway, starvation to death is also no joke. I personally think, that boundless greed, the thirst for quick cash, lobbying, are killing nature and our planet. The thing is, profit maximization is always put first, and above the protection of nature even when the future generations will pay a high price for that. People talk about climate change, but are rarely aware of the massive pollution of the oceans which is even more troubling. The thing is, that in the nearer future they'll be more plastic in the oceans than fishes since plastic doesn't really break down. However, the governments (including those who pretend to care about climate change or the environment), still allow companies to produce plastics as if there is no tomorrow instead to invest, to promote and research for alternatives. If you, for instance , go into a grocery you find all kinds of unnecessary plastic packaging.

Completely agree. Starvation yes, but in my worst ways to die list 1. radioactive poisoning ~ 1.dying of thirst share first place.
It would be hard to explain since water is readily available to most of us today. But if you have been in that situation you would know its no joke. Death is the easy way out in that scenario. And wars for water will be a thing before we know it.

Now when I think of it. It depends how you look at it as far as profit vs the enviroment. If you look at it as a zero sum game, what corporations are doing is rational, if not, it is madness.

Take for example OPEC countries. Some of them are at the biggest danger from global warming. To the point they will scorch. But if you look at it as a zero sum game, if they don't sell oil to get a foot ahead, and other countries do sell and use nonrenewable energy sources such as oil and gas, then not only will they scorch but they have no capital surplus to mitigate anything.

So, when you think about it, it is not mindless greed. It is the prisoners dilemma. We all know where this is headed. Some just want to live today, others are burning everything to the ground to get a foot ahead, and buy themselves or their offspring's tickets either for terrestrial domes or journeys to other planets.

Time will tell. In my opinion, we are past the point of no return. Now its damage control.

This thread has been viewed 2408 times.

Back