Updated R1b maps of France

Maciamo

Veteran member
Admin
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Italo-celto-germanic
I have added new samples for each region of France and calculated the haplogroup frequencies anew for each region. But most importantly I managed to get a much more accurate distribution of R1b subclades, especially for DF27 and U152 - both being far more widespread than previously thought.

The overall percentages of R1b also changed, with a new maximum in Poitou-Charentes (82%) instead of Brittany and lower frequencies along the Mediterranean coast.

Haplogroup-R1b-DF27.png

Haplogroup-R1b-L21.png

Haplogroup-R1b-S28.png

Haplogroup-R1b-S21.png

Haplogroup_R1b-borders.png

Last edited:
Thank you for the update. Do you know how a subclade of S-28 could have been in England since at least 350BCE or, 2300 years ago?

Thank you for the update - greater diffusion of DF27 up to Poitou-Charentes is interesting although not too surprising as I would have thought DF27 would be highly frequent in French Aquitaine - I wonder if there's enough data to break the analysis down into downstream subclades - I'm R-Z209 and from Bordeaux so would probably fall in the DF27 distribution your map updates suggest!

very interesting
I learned my surname is basque, and went to irish
1k years..
its like being a denisovan dna stuck on a philippine island.
I try those ancient grave matching and match all of europe.

my name itself is quite dead..but an adoption in sweden took off from hundreds of years ago..and now there is hundreds/thousands.
my name is misunderstood as viking r1b.. and that is backwards
(the latest subclade as we all seem to evolve together 10k miles apart
Y-11662, y-19599)
last name is donovan, as the normans gave it in 1066.
basque attempt at saying "saint john".(donibane,south french dondubain)
I guess I am an adam of the european r1b boom.

r1b went to viking.
it is funny to see the dense spot of r1b is the exact spot I came from thousands of years ago written.
df27 at pasai donibane.. the weird thing is, I do not match df27. :rolleyes:

c7998bac8933.jpg

This thread has been viewed 3983 times.

Back