Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum
Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536

Thread: Ancient DNA of Roman Danubian Frontier and Slavic Migrations (Olalde 2021)

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-M269 (LDNA)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U5a1b

Ethnic group
    Thracian

Quote Originally Posted by ihype02 View Post
    Slavic admixture in our face. Peloponnesians are indeed less "Slavicized" compared to others.

These are true Thessalians:

Target: GreeceThessaly10:GreeceThessaly
    Distance: 4.0491% / 0.04049108
    58.2 Iberia_Northeast_Empuries2
    41.8 Polish

Target: GreeceThessaly9:GreeceThessaly
    Distance: 2.7201% / 0.02720131
    68.2 Iberia_Northeast_Empuries2
    31.8 Polish

Target: GreeceThessaly8:GreeceThessaly
    Distance: 2.1137% / 0.02113734
    62.6 Iberia_Northeast_Empuries2
    37.4 Polish

Target: GreeceThessaly7:GreeceThessaly
    Distance: 3.0986% / 0.03098639
    61.2 Iberia_Northeast_Empuries2
    38.8 Polish

Target: GreeceThessaly6:GreeceThessaly
    Distance: 3.4842% / 0.03484200
    53.4 Iberia_Northeast_Empuries2
    46.6 Polish

Target: GreeceThessaly5:GreeceThessaly
    Distance: 3.9282% / 0.03928212
    60.8 Iberia_Northeast_Empuries2
    39.2 Polish

Target: GreeceThessaly4:GreeceThessaly
    Distance: 3.3062% / 0.03306234
    61.8 Iberia_Northeast_Empuries2
    38.2 Polish

Target: GreeceThessaly3:GreeceThessaly
    Distance: 3.5953% / 0.03595291
    62.0 Iberia_Northeast_Empuries2
    38.0 Polish

Several Roman period Balkan Iron age samples plotted south of BGR_IA. I would like to see more Iron age samples from Thracians, especially the southern ones.
    What era are these samples from? What study? What area of Thessaly?

Y-DNA haplogroup
    J2b2-L283/J-Y197198

2 members found this post helpful.
    ihype2 sometimes I wonder if you understand what these models even do on a basic level? Hint: it forces the model on the sample.
    Sure there might be something to these 4+ distance two way models that you keep posting trying to prove Greeks are half Slavic... But the method you are using proves nothing. I nothing to say on the conclusion, just the method, beware that it makes you look like a fanatic/hater especially when repeated across time.

^Thats what happens when you let the calculator decide and not shove samples down its throat.
    Now please stop looking like a hater. Sdi bre burr a je shqipe a sje. Dyshoj.
    “Man cannot live without a permanent trust in something indestructible in himself, and at the same time that indestructible something as well as his trust in it may remain permanently concealed from him.”

Franz Kafka

Quote Originally Posted by Archetype0ne View Post
    ihype2 sometimes I wonder if you understand what these models even do on a basic level? Hint: it forces the model on the sample.
    Sure there might be something to these 4+ distance two way models that you keep posting trying to prove Greeks are half Slavic... But the method you are using proves nothing. I nothing to say on the conclusion, just the method, beware that it makes you look like a fanatic/hater especially when repeated across time.

^Thats what happens when you let the calculator decide and not shove samples down its throat.
    Now please stop looking like a hater. Sdi bre burr a je shqipe a sje. Dyshoj.
    Yeah if there comes some super proof that Albanians are not related to Illyrians (and there is so FAR no definitive proof that we are related to Illyrians) at all I wont deny it. There is so much antipathy in having Slavic ancestry here.

"Burrë" shkruhet me "ë" në fund.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    J2b2-L283/J-Y197198

1 members found this post helpful.
    Yeah if there comes some super proof that Albanians are not related to Illyrians (and there is so FAR no definitive proof that we are related to Illyrians) at all I wont deny it. There is so much antipathy in having Slavic ancestry here.

"Burrë" shkruhet me "ë" në fund.
    The more I read that comment the more confused I get. I am not sure if I missed your point when you are deflecting with some hypotheticals about Illyrians. But I am sure you missed my point that your models are trash tier. I have said nothing the first 20 times you posted the same Thesalians = Poles + Empuries model, but the 21st was the straw.

Again when I come to these deflecting impasses with people I just defer the verdict to future studies as I will now.

Dyshoja qe je Shqiptar se ti bie per punime propagand qe as jugosllavet dhe mordovet neper fora si han. Apo e hanë?

• iç apo iq?

Quote Originally Posted by Archetype0ne View Post
    The more I read that comment the more confused I get. I am not sure if I missed your point when you are deflecting with some hypotheticals about Illyrians. But I am sure you missed my point that your models are trash tier. I have said nothing the first 20 times you posted the same Thesalians = Poles + Empuries model, but the 21st was the straw.

Again when I come to these deflecting impasses with people I just defer the verdict to future studies as I will now.

Dyshoja qe je Shqiptar se ti bie per punime propagand qe as jugosllavet dhe mordovet neper fora si han. Apo e hanë?

• iç apo iq?
    Hey sent me a message.

Quote Originally Posted by Johane Derite View Post
    Just look at all those "Balkan IA" clusters, majorly E-V13, R1b-Z2103, and J2b-L283:

It's interesting to see E-V13 and R1b-z2103 among the Near Eastern Cluster and probably many others. Many of those samples from the NE cluster had partial Balkanic ancestry. (it is also seen autosomally)

So they were likely permanent inhabitants.

Do you have this list somewhere?

It's interesting to see E-V13 and R1b-z2103 among the Near Eastern Cluster and probably many others. Many of those samples from the NE cluster had partial Balkanic ancestry. (it is also seen autosomally)

So they were likely permanent inhabitants.

Do you have this list somewhere?
    Think about how much you inherited from a great-grandfather. If a lineage married into another group, its autosomal profile will soon be completely diluted. A similar effect if the migration was very male dominated, not just one time, but in a row. Like first moving to the Banat, mixing with locals, moving to Southern Serbia, mixing with locals, moving to Macedonia... You get what I mean.
    The autosomal profile is most telling in an early mixed context, like for the Langobards directly when they settled first in Pannnonia, then in Northern Italy. After that, they quickly dissolved lineage-wise.

Is the data out for the Viminacium samples?

Ethnic group
    Italian

I can't believe people would take this seriously.

Non si fa il proprio dovere perchè qualcuno ci dica grazie, lo si fa per principio, per se stessi, per la propria dignità. Oriana Fallaci

Quote Originally Posted by Dushman View Post
    South Slavs: ~40-50% Slavic Y-DNA -> ~40-50% Slavic AuDNA
    Albanians: ~15% Slavic Y-DNA -> 38% Slavic AuDNA.

Super logical. Need to trust the authors blindly on this. In time this paper�s interpretations will look as stupid as E-V13 being Egyptian slaves.

Seems reasonable to me to accept that Slavs settled together with their families, thus the matching ydna-audna ratio. For that reason I bet true Slavic audna in Albania is max 15% (I think even less) and Germanic max 7%, reaching the reasonable 22% overall Northern ancestry.

We will wait and see.
    50% Slavic in Serbs is the bare minimum, the real figure should be closer to 55% when it come to Serbs.

My belief is that Slavs that migrated to Balkans were Ukrainian-like not Serb-like. Look how shifted away are Serbs from Albanians towards Ukrainians.

Target: Serb
    Distance: 1.0816% / 1.08162892
    57.6 Albanian_Kosovo
    42.4 Ukrainian

2 members found this post helpful.
    People believe what they want to believe.

Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536