Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 81

Thread: SubgroupE-FT186965

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    01-10-20
    Posts
    19

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-FT186965
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H5a1

    Ethnic group
    Vlach
    Country: Serbia



    1 members found this post helpful.

    SubgroupE-FT186965

    Hi all
    I did bigY a while back and got my subgrups that changed quite rapid, but for a while now it hase stayed on E-FT186965 for a while know, but I dont know anything about it, how old, is it Greek, Albanian, Serbian,Bulgarian, whuld appriciet any input

  2. #2
    Regular Member kingjohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    05-09-16
    Posts
    1,390

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    rare E-FGC7391
    MtDNA haplogroup
    h3ap

    Country: Uruguay



    Maybe the administrators
    There can help you ?
    https://www.familytreedna.com/groups...out/background

    P.s
    Either wat there are e-v13's in our forum who could help
    ancestery :
    mostly western jewish here is the overlapp with south europe[U]

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    01-10-20
    Posts
    19

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-FT186965
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H5a1

    Ethnic group
    Vlach
    Country: Serbia



    I have asked them now ,it was a nother group i asked befor that didint awnser, thanks for the tip

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    01-10-20
    Posts
    19

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-FT186965
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H5a1

    Ethnic group
    Vlach
    Country: Serbia



    Quote Originally Posted by kingjohn View Post
    Maybe the administrators
    There can help you ?


    P.s
    Either wat there are e-v13's in our forum who could help
    well they were not really to any help, just pointing out that look at my ancestrial origin on ftdna and some obviuse stuff

  5. #5
    Regular Member kingjohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    05-09-16
    Posts
    1,390

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    rare E-FGC7391
    MtDNA haplogroup
    h3ap

    Country: Uruguay



    Quote Originally Posted by Gedzo View Post
    well they were not really to any help, just pointing out that look at my ancestrial origin on ftdna and some obviuse stuff
    Sorry to hear ,
    I thoght they could help
    Maybe some e-v13 member here
    Can help

    P.s
    Maybe you should upload to yfull
    Maybe that could help

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    01-10-20
    Posts
    19

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-FT186965
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H5a1

    Ethnic group
    Vlach
    Country: Serbia



    Quote Originally Posted by kingjohn View Post
    Sorry to hear ,
    I thoght they could help
    Maybe some e-v13 member here
    Can help

    P.s
    Maybe you should upload to yfull
    Maybe that could help
    Yeah maby thank

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    28-03-20
    Posts
    715


    Country: Austria



    Quote Originally Posted by Gedzo View Post
    Hi all
    I did bigY a while back and got my subgrups that changed quite rapid, but for a while now it hase stayed on E-FT186965 for a while know, but I dont know anything about it, how old, is it Greek, Albanian, Serbian,Bulgarian, whuld appriciet any input
    At this point a lot of E-V13 subclades can't be fully understood, so everything I write must be taken with a grain of salt. You have one unknown match, no information given, do you know his background? That might be helpful, because he's obviously the closest to you.

    Otherwise its for sure that your subclade is from an Southern E-V13 clade, no Northern one. It was in the Balkans most likely since the expansion of Belegis II-Gava/Channelled Ware southward. Most likely it was Daco-Thracian at this time. Later it might have been carried by Moesians, Triballi or being assimilated by Illyrians, like among the Dardanians.
    Your TMRCA is with the very clearly Albanian subclades is about Late Antiquity. It might get closer with more samples, or even with your unidentified match, but that's the current situation. Your direct ancestors could have been Roman Vlachs or Illyrians. In any case, its likely they survived the migration period, the Slavic settlement, and at some point your ancestor was assimilated into the Slavs. At which point in time can't be said without more samples. It could have been very early, like when the first Slavs came, now it looks like that, or it could have been later, if new close samples from Albanians or Vlachs would appear, which are not there yet.

    Its possible that with a better resolution you would have a match with the Viminacium samples from Roman Serbia, but unfortunately their y-chromosome coverage is rather bad. But what we got is ancestral to your lineage:
    I15495 Viminacium, Pirivoj Necropolis E-V13,E-Z1057,E-CTS1273,E-BY3880,E-Z5017,E-Z5016,E-Y3762,E-CTS6377,E-CTS9320
    https://anthrogenica.com/showthread....l=1#post796838

    That's upstream of your subclade, so in theory this could be a paternal ancestor of yours ;)

    You just have added SNP, being further downstream of E-CTS9320.


    I guess your paternal lineage lived in or around Serbia since the Early Iron Age, since Belegis II-Gava:
    The influence of the Gava-Belegi II cultural group was
    predominant in the Serbian Danube area during the Late
    Bronze Age.
    https://www.austriaca.at/0xc1aa5576%200x002debf2.pdf

    You can also use this tool, which proves how local your lineage is:
    http://scaledinnovation.com/gg/snpTracker.html

    But it also needs to be taken with a grain of salt, because its based on the available samples only and this could be corrected with any new ancient or modern DNA samples coming in. Its not written in stone at all and some migration paths are quite wrong. But its still useful and you can use the range filters and stuff to make it more appropriate.

    Both your SNP and the tool put you around 0-500 in the common era for your latest shared ancestor with Albanians. That's why I think its rather a Vlach lineage, than an Illyrian-Proto-Albanian one, but like I said, new samples could change that and your unknown match is the first to check.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    01-10-20
    Posts
    19

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-FT186965
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H5a1

    Ethnic group
    Vlach
    Country: Serbia



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverman View Post
    At this point a lot of E-V13 subclades can't be fully understood, so everything I write must be taken with a grain of salt. You have one unknown match, no information given, do you know his background? That might be helpful, because he's obviously the closest to you.
    Otherwise its for sure that your subclade is from an Southern E-V13 clade, no Northern one. It was in the Balkans most likely since the expansion of Belegis II-Gava/Channelled Ware southward. Most likely it was Daco-Thracian at this time. Later it might have been carried by Moesians, Triballi or being assimilated by Illyrians, like among the Dardanians.
    Your TMRCA is with the very clearly Albanian subclades is about Late Antiquity. It might get closer with more samples, or even with your unidentified match, but that's the current situation. Your direct ancestors could have been Roman Vlachs or Illyrians. In any case, its likely they survived the migration period, the Slavic settlement, and at some point your ancestor was assimilated into the Slavs. At which point in time can't be said without more samples. It could have been very early, like when the first Slavs came, now it looks like that, or it could have been later, if new close samples from Albanians or Vlachs would appear, which are not there yet.
    Its possible that with a better resolution you would have a match with the Viminacium samples from Roman Serbia, but unfortunately their y-chromosome coverage is rather bad. But what we got is ancestral to your lineage:
    That's upstream of your subclade, so in theory this could be a paternal ancestor of yours ;)
    You just have added SNP, being further downstream of E-CTS9320.
    I guess your paternal lineage lived in or around Serbia since the Early Iron Age, since Belegis II-Gava:
    [
    You can also use this tool, which proves how local your lineage is:
    But it also needs to be taken with a grain of salt, because its based on the available samples only and this could be corrected with any new ancient or modern DNA samples coming in. Its not written in stone at all and some migration paths are quite wrong. But its still useful and you can use the range filters and stuff to make it more appropriate.
    Both your SNP and the tool put you around 0-500 in the common era for your latest shared ancestor with Albanians. That's why I think its rather a Vlach lineage, than an Illyrian-Proto-Albanian one, but like I said, new samples could change that and your unknown match is the first to check.
    Thank you for all the info will go true the links you provited.
    Unfortunately i dont nnow anthing about the one who hase unknown origin, i have tried to find him in groups on ftdna but with no luck, I hope he will soon change so we can see his origin.
    Very nice guess with the Vlach, me and my family are Vlach from Serbia. Hopefully when the reich lab paper comes out, there will be holes that we can fall in :)
    Last edited by Gedzo; 15-09-21 at 12:11.

  9. #9
    Regular Member Archetype0ne's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-06-18
    Posts
    1,031

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    J2b2-L283/FT29003

    Country: Albania



    Could you provide the YFull nomenclature of the subclade?

    If you found out the name of the subclade on YFull, try using these tools:

    https://phylogeographer.com/scripts/heatmap.php
    https://phylogeographer.com/scripts/diversitymap.php

    One is a frequency heatmap. Telling you the per capita distribution over geographic region of your subclade and its subbranches.
    The other is even better at pinpointing possible origin, as it tells you the diversity over certain areas, the more diversity, the more time it had to mutate, the more time it had to mutate in a certain region, the likelier the region is to be the point of origin. This is better than the heatmap because it avoids demographic shift biases, like founder effects, and focuses on regions that have the most diversity.

    Those two tools, and the appropriate images should give you a decent picture of your subclade.
    “Man cannot live without a permanent trust in something indestructible in himself, and at the same time that indestructible something as well as his trust in it may remain permanently concealed from him.”

    Franz Kafka

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    01-10-20
    Posts
    19

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-FT186965
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H5a1

    Ethnic group
    Vlach
    Country: Serbia



    Quote Originally Posted by Archetype0ne View Post
    Could you provide the YFull nomenclature of the subclade?

    If you found out the name of the subclade on YFull, try using these tools:


    One is a frequency heatmap. Telling you the per capita distribution over geographic region of your subclade and its subbranches.
    The other is even better at pinpointing possible origin, as it tells you the diversity over certain areas, the more diversity, the more time it had to mutate, the more time it had to mutate in a certain region, the likelier the region is to be the point of origin. This is better than the heatmap because it avoids demographic shift biases, like founder effects, and focuses on regions that have the most diversity.

    Those two tools, and the appropriate images should give you a decent picture of your subclade.
    Sorry but i dont know what the nomenclature is,could you give me an exemplet of how it looks, and last time i looked my subclade was not in Yfull

  11. #11
    Regular Member Fustan's Avatar
    Join Date
    29-05-15
    Posts
    140

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    J-L283

    Ethnic group
    Albanian
    Country: Albania



    I love how Riverman just spams his nonsense "Daco-Thracian" history (everywhere) without even asking OP which part of Serbia his paternal line hails from.

  12. #12
    Regular Member Archetype0ne's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-06-18
    Posts
    1,031

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    J2b2-L283/FT29003

    Country: Albania



    Quote Originally Posted by Gedzo View Post
    Sorry but i dont know what the nomenclature is,could you give me an exemplet of how it looks, and last time i looked my subclade was not in Yfull
    I would have done it, and shown you the maps if I could. Could you tell me your whole path? Like say mine is J2 J-M102 J-Z534 J-Z1825 J-Z593 J-M241 J-L283 J-Z622 J-Z600 J-Z2509 J-Z585 J-Z615 J-Z597 J-Z2507 J-Z638 J-Z1297 J-Z1295 J-Y21878 J-FT29003

    Say before Y21878 was on Yfull, when the first guy got assigned Y21878, there was no way for anyone to search such a clade online since it was novell. But one could search the clade just upstream, Z1295.
    Now if you can figure out the immediate clade above yours, and input that in the tools I provided the result should be still revealing.


    If you fall under this. This looks pre-Slavic, Bosnian region related.
    https://phylogeographer.com/scripts/...ookup=E-A24066

    If you fall under this. This looks proto-Albanian related.
    https://phylogeographer.com/scripts/...ookup=E-BY4459

    I would ask someone on the Serbian FTDNA project to interpret your results and tell you where you fall exactly based on ISOG.
    Or, since you did Big Y, it is a marginal investment to sign up for Y-full and let them keep your result up to date.



    Edit: I did some more digging, if this is right upstream of you then the clade itself was around Albania, Kosovo, Macedonia around 200CE.

    https://phylogeographer.com/scripts/...ookup=E-Y97307

    I came to this upstream subclade after inputting your SNP here http://scaledinnovation.com/gg/snpTracker.html, going upstream and inputting that in the tools I provided earlier.
    Hope this helps.
    Also take everything you read on these forums with a grain of salt and do your own research

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    27-08-20
    Posts
    136


    Country: Albania



    Hi Gedzo, if it helps Im myself E-V13>>CTS9320>Z17107>Z38456>BY4461. Another thing that might help you is your ancestors or clans place of origin. For instance, if youre originally from Montenegro it will be a good starting point to figure out what youre looking for. Below you can find a tree (dont know if its updated) created for Albanians of the Z17107 cluster.


  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    01-10-20
    Posts
    19

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-FT186965
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H5a1

    Ethnic group
    Vlach
    Country: Serbia



    Quote Originally Posted by Archetype0ne View Post
    I would have done it, and shown you the maps if I could. Could you tell me your whole path? Like say mine is
    Say before Y21878 was on Yfull, when the first guy got assigned Y21878, there was no way for anyone to search such a clade online since it was novell. But one could search the clade just upstream, Z1295.
    Now if you can figure out the immediate clade above yours, and input that in the tools I provided the result should be still revealing.
    If you fall under this. This looks pre-Slavic, Bosnian region related.
    If you fall under this. This looks proto-Albanian related.
    I would ask someone on the Serbian FTDNA project to interpret your results and tell you where you fall exactly based on ISOG.
    Or, since you did Big Y, it is a marginal investment to sign up for Y-full and let them keep your result up to date.
    Edit: I did some more digging, if this is right upstream of you then the clade itself was around Albania, Kosovo, Macedonia around 200CE.
    I came to this upstream subclade after inputting your SNP here [, going upstream and inputting that in the tools I provided earlier.
    Hope this helps.
    Also take everything you read on these forums with a grain of salt and do your own research
    thinks its this and I hope its the right, i took all the ones i was positiv on ftdna.
    E-FT186965-E-Y97307-E-BY4465-E-BY4459-E-Z38456-E-Y30991-E-Z17107-E-CTS9320-E-SK888-E-Z5016-E-Z5017-E-BY3880-E-CTS5856-E-V13 it goes further back but doing this on cellphone if you eant more i can do it when I come home on my computer..
    Thank you for the info tou provided and for takiing your time to look

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    01-10-20
    Posts
    19

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-FT186965
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H5a1

    Ethnic group
    Vlach
    Country: Serbia



    Quote Originally Posted by Fustan View Post
    I love how Riverman just spams his nonsense "Daco-Thracian" history (everywhere) without even asking OP which part of Serbia his paternal line hails from.
    our ancestors came from East Serbina and moved to south Banat vojvodina in the 1700 somthing i can only trace back my paternel line to 1765

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    01-10-20
    Posts
    19

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-FT186965
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H5a1

    Ethnic group
    Vlach
    Country: Serbia



    Quote Originally Posted by Dushman View Post
    Hi Gedzo, if it helps I�m myself E-V13>>CTS9320>Z17107>Z38456>BY4461. Another thing that might help you is your ancestor�s or clans place of origin. For instance, if you�re originally from Montenegro it will be a good starting point to figure out what you�re looking for. Below you can find a tree (don�t know if it�s updated) created for Albanians of the Z17107 cluster.
    Our ancestors came to south Banat somewere between 1700-1765 from East Serbia, befor that I dont know

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    27-08-20
    Posts
    136


    Country: Albania



    Quote Originally Posted by Gedzo View Post
    thinks its this and I hope its the right, i took all the ones i was positiv on ftdna.
    E-FT186965-E-Y97307-E-BY4465-E-BY4459-E-Z38456-E-Y30991-E-Z17107-E-CTS9320-E-SK888-E-Z5016-E-Z5017-E-BY3880-E-CTS5856-E-V13 it goes further back but doing this on cellphone if you eant more i can do it when I come home on my computer..
    Thank you for the info tou provided and for takiing your time to look
    Ok, so just like me youre also Y97307, meaning we have a common ancestor minimum 1700 years ago, but for sure youll have more information downstream which could bring us closer (or not).

    My clan is from North Western Albania and originates from Montenegro, but its a Western tribe that still retains memory and connections to Albanians from Montenegro, as well as our dialect, clothes, and regional traditions are purely Western related, as opposed to Eastern ones like the ones from Kosovo, that although live next to us, still have an Easternized dialect for example.

    Having said that, Im assuming theres a possibility your family came from the West (Montenegro) too.

    Check on the bottom left of the tree.

  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    01-10-20
    Posts
    19

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-FT186965
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H5a1

    Ethnic group
    Vlach
    Country: Serbia



    Quote Originally Posted by Dushman View Post
    Ok, so just like me you�re also Y97307, meaning we have a common ancestor minimum 1700 years ago, but for sure you�ll have more information downstream which could bring us closer (or not).
    My clan is from North Western Albania and originates from Montenegro, but it�s a Western tribe that still retains memory and connections to Albanians from Montenegro, as well as our dialect, clothes, and regional traditions are purely Western related, as opposed to Eastern ones like the ones from Kosovo, that although live next to us, still have an Easternized dialect for example.
    Having said that, I�m assuming there�s a possibility your family came from the West (Montenegro) too.
    Check on the bottom left of the tree.
    How interesting! That i have read about the vlach people in Serbia is that they were more south in the early medieval, like in Kosovo and South West Serbia todays Sandzak, could be possible it went furthur in to Montenegro.But when tsar Stefan Dusan came to power his laws were not favourble for the vlach, so we migrated to Eastbalkan todays Romania and East Serbia were they lived for about 200 years, and thats why Vlach in Serbia have very similar or almost identical dialect as West Romanians, then when Hungary hade NorthSerbia "Vojvodina" they offert lot of land to the vlach people so many movied there, but they were not used to work with the land becouse they were sheep herders, so many went back to east serbia but some of us stayd
    Last edited by Gedzo; 16-09-21 at 16:51.

  19. #19
    Regular Member Archetype0ne's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-06-18
    Posts
    1,031

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    J2b2-L283/FT29003

    Country: Albania



    Quote Originally Posted by Gedzo View Post
    thinks its this and I hope its the right, i took all the ones i was positiv on ftdna.
    E-FT186965-E-Y97307-E-BY4465-E-BY4459-E-Z38456-E-Y30991-E-Z17107-E-CTS9320-E-SK888-E-Z5016-E-Z5017-E-BY3880-E-CTS5856-E-V13 it goes further back but doing this on cellphone if you eant more i can do it when I come home on my computer..
    Thank you for the info tou provided and for takiing your time to look
    Nice. So it seems my edit was right. Here is the images after using the tools. Definitively the SNP has some connection to the Albanian region around 200CE.



    1) Diversity Map 2) Frequency Heatmap 3) SNP Tracker

  20. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    01-10-20
    Posts
    19

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-FT186965
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H5a1

    Ethnic group
    Vlach
    Country: Serbia



    Quote Originally Posted by Archetype0ne View Post
    Nice. So it seems my edit was right. Here is the images after using the tools. Definitively the SNP has some connection to the Albanian region around 200CE.
    1) Diversity Map 2) Frequency Heatmap 3) SNP Tracker
    So what do we get from this info, that thats particilar time in my ancestors life were illyrian, albanian, still vlach or somthing else?? Or just hard to say with the facts that we have today

  21. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    27-08-20
    Posts
    136


    Country: Albania



    Quote Originally Posted by Gedzo View Post
    So what do we get from this info, that thats particilar time in my ancestors life were illyrian, albanian, still vlach or somthing else?? Or just hard to say with the facts that we have today
    What we can say with confidence as of now is that our upstream Z17107 was already a local in the Balkans during the Iron Age since it was found in the locals of Viminacium (near Kostolac, Serbia) and he was autosomally local Balkan, not a Roman citizen from elsewhere.

    This local could have been anything like a Thracian, but even an Illyrian since they lived nearby and moved to the main Roman cities along the Danube, as well as the fact that the first legion that settled there and started the military camp (thus giving birth slowly to the larger city later on) was from Dalmatia.

    After the arrival of the Slavs, it seems to me that many clades of our upstream clade gathered around the historically Albanian speaking areas and their vicinity, but Im not sure how common it is in Bulgaria, so another more knowledgeable member can confirm if they spread equally in South Eastern Balkans as they did in the Southern and Western direction.

    But all this is speculation covering the majority of the lines found today that happen to be tested, not your specific line. For that we need more information, more tested members, and more ancient and medieval results.

  22. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    01-10-20
    Posts
    19

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-FT186965
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H5a1

    Ethnic group
    Vlach
    Country: Serbia



    Quote Originally Posted by Dushman View Post
    What we can say with confidence as of now is that our upstream Z17107 was already a local in the Balkans during the Iron Age since it was found in the locals of Viminacium (near Kostolac, Serbia) and he was autosomally local Balkan, not a Roman citizen from elsewhere.

    This local could have been anything like a Thracian, but even an Illyrian since they lived nearby and moved to the main Roman cities along the Danube, as well as the fact that the first legion that settled there and started the military camp (thus giving birth slowly to the larger city later on) was from Dalmatia.

    After the arrival of the Slavs, it seems to me that many clades of our upstream clade gathered around the historically Albanian speaking areas and their vicinity, but I�m not sure how common it is in Bulgaria, so another more knowledgeable member can confirm if they spread equally in South Eastern Balkans as they did in the Southern and Western direction.

    But all this is speculation covering the majority of the lines found today that happen to be tested, not your specific line. For that we need more information, more tested members, and more ancient and medieval results.
    So interesting, well hopefully we will se origin of the one who is closest to me the unkown, and when reich lab papper comes out we will get more info about people of the balkans and maby se things more clearly, thank you for taking the time with everything

  23. #23
    Regular Member Archetype0ne's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-06-18
    Posts
    1,031

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    J2b2-L283/FT29003

    Country: Albania



    Dushmans answer pretty much.
    The images just show that the highest per capita frequency of your upstream SNP is around Albania, Macedonia, Montenegro, Kosovo. Likewise the highest diversity is around Albanian and surrounding neighbors, as well as Western Ukraine? (surprising).
    The SNP tracker just shows the age of your SNP, meaning 200CE, so we can not say it is Albanian, since Albania did not exist at the time. It could be Illyrian/Thracian, some proto peoples, of BA/IA Balkans.

  24. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    28-03-20
    Posts
    715


    Country: Austria



    Quote Originally Posted by Fustan View Post
    I love how Riverman just spams his nonsense "Daco-Thracian" history (everywhere) without even asking OP which part of Serbia his paternal line hails from.
    Because it doesn't matter in this context, because they were all coming down with Channelled Ware/Belegis II-Gava or later from Psenichevo-Basarabi. If they became Illyrian later, like the Dardanians, E-V13 came with Daco-Thracian tribes and speakers originally. Even most very Southern Albanian and Greek subclades have a TMRCA around the transitional period, some somewhat earlier, but that doesn't mean they were present earlier, which they were not. They all came down in the LBA-EIA and were, originally, speaking Daco-Thracian idioms. All later people from these formations, which were not assimilated by other groups, like the Illyrians which helped to form Dardanians when fleeing from other Illyrian tribes which pushed them - which is all attested archaeologically - were later Daco-Thracian speakers or in the borderzone.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gedzo View Post
    So what do we get from this info, that thats particilar time in my ancestors life were illyrian, albanian, still vlach or somthing else?? Or just hard to say with the facts that we have today
    The date of your TMRCA, of around 0-500 AD, like I wrote before, with midpoint around 200-300 AD, means we're still talking about Roman times, when the Empire was still alive and the province not overrun by Germanics, Slavs, Avars etc. Many of your neighbouring subclades are clearly Albanian, but we also don't know how they became Albanian. For example, they could have been Illyrianised Thracians from the Iron Age, or they could have become Albanian speakers very late, when Vlach clans assimilated into the Albanian community. We don't know without more modern samples and ancient DNA.
    What matters most is when your direct paternal lineage had the last common ancestor with others. If you match other Vlachs and Serbs, but no Albanians, post 500-1.000 AD, your paternal ancestors might always been Vlachs. If you get Albanian matches after 500 AD, probably even in Medieval times, then your lineage was once Albanian, but turned Vlach. Its even possible they were Vlach, turned Albanian, then back Vlach again. That's of course not very likely, but possible, like there are many possibilities. But the most decisive step forward for you is to identify more recent paternal matches, this is what will tell you the most. And this needs unfortunately a lot of patience. In your case its particularly bitter, because you have a closer match, but he doesn't provide information to you.

    Going deeper its easier to answer, because regardless of the ethnicity and language they later had, in the Early Iron Age, they were all Daco-Thracians and part of the Channelled Ware/Fluted Ware horizon in the Carpatho-Balkan sphere.



    https://www.researchgate.net/profile...ntioned-in.png

    https://www.researchgate.net/publica...e_Transylvania

    The movement to Albania and Greece came from this core regions, especially Belegis II-Gava:
    https://imgur.com/fogur6Ehttps://imgur.com/fogur6E

    https://www.austriaca.at/0xc1aa5576%200x002debf3.pdf

    Moesians, Triballi, the substratum of the Dardanians, they all were part of the the same paternal expansion and later formed the local Roman population of the Balkans, as well as Vlachs, Albanians, Bulgarians and Serbs - in part respectively.
    https://imgur.com/fogur6E

  25. #25
    Regular Member Archetype0ne's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-06-18
    Posts
    1,031

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    J2b2-L283/FT29003

    Country: Albania



    2 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverman View Post
    Because it doesn't matter in this context, because they were all coming down with Channelled Ware/Belegis II-Gava or later from Psenichevo-Basarabi. If they became Illyrian later, like the Dardanians, E-V13 came with Daco-Thracian tribes and speakers originally. Even most very Southern Albanian and Greek subclades have a TMRCA around the transitional period, some somewhat earlier, but that doesn't mean they were present earlier, which they were not. They all came down in the LBA-EIA and were, originally, speaking Daco-Thracian idioms. All later people from these formations, which were not assimilated by other groups, like the Illyrians which helped to form Dardanians when fleeing from other Illyrian tribes which pushed them - which is all attested archaeologically - were later Daco-Thracian speakers or in the borderzone.



    The date of your TMRCA, of around 0-500 AD, like I wrote before, with midpoint around 200-300 AD, means we're still talking about Roman times, when the Empire was still alive and the province not overrun by Germanics, Slavs, Avars etc. Many of your neighbouring subclades are clearly Albanian, but we also don't know how they became Albanian. For example, they could have been Illyrianised Thracians from the Iron Age, or they could have become Albanian speakers very late, when Vlach clans assimilated into the Albanian community. We don't know without more modern samples and ancient DNA.
    What matters most is when your direct paternal lineage had the last common ancestor with others. If you match other Vlachs and Serbs, but no Albanians, post 500-1.000 AD, your paternal ancestors might always been Vlachs. If you get Albanian matches after 500 AD, probably even in Medieval times, then your lineage was once Albanian, but turned Vlach. Its even possible they were Vlach, turned Albanian, then back Vlach again. That's of course not very likely, but possible, like there are many possibilities. But the most decisive step forward for you is to identify more recent paternal matches, this is what will tell you the most. And this needs unfortunately a lot of patience. In your case its particularly bitter, because you have a closer match, but he doesn't provide information to you.

    Going deeper its easier to answer, because regardless of the ethnicity and language they later had, in the Early Iron Age, they were all Daco-Thracians and part of the Channelled Ware/Fluted Ware horizon in the Carpatho-Balkan sphere.



    https://www.researchgate.net/profile...ntioned-in.png

    https://www.researchgate.net/publica...e_Transylvania

    The movement to Albania and Greece came from this core regions, especially Belegis II-Gava:
    https://imgur.com/fogur6Ehttps://imgur.com/fogur6E

    https://www.austriaca.at/0xc1aa5576%200x002debf3.pdf

    Moesians, Triballi, the substratum of the Dardanians, they all were part of the the same paternal expansion and later formed the local Roman population of the Balkans, as well as Vlachs, Albanians, Bulgarians and Serbs - in part respectively.
    https://imgur.com/fogur6E
    Hmm...



Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •