Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 35

Thread: Classify me

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    29-09-21
    Posts
    35


    Country: Italy



    Classify me

    my body type is mesomorph and my height is 1,68
    IMG_45381.jpg


    foto02.jpg

    IMG_453819.jpg

  2. #2
    Regular Member Mordred's Avatar
    Join Date
    16-07-11
    Posts
    100


    Country: Sweden



    You could be Swedish from Dalarna, but you're not Nordic. Celtic would be closer.

    Sent from my SM-T865 using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    29-09-21
    Posts
    35


    Country: Italy



    Quote Originally Posted by Mordred View Post
    You could be Swedish from Dalarna, but you're not Nordic. Celtic would be closer.

    Sent from my SM-T865 using Tapatalk
    celtic? what phenotype is it?

  4. #4
    Regular Member Mordred's Avatar
    Join Date
    16-07-11
    Posts
    100


    Country: Sweden



    Quote Originally Posted by nick6899 View Post
    celtic? what phenotype is it?
    Are you looking for pseudo Rassen? Well this would be Sub Northern with a touch of Adriatic.

    Sent from my SM-T865 using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    29-09-21
    Posts
    35


    Country: Italy



    Quote Originally Posted by Mordred View Post
    You could be Swedish from Dalarna, but you're not Nordic. Celtic would be closer.

    Sent from my SM-T865 using Tapatalk
    with celtic you mean north atlantid/atlantid? and why did you say I could be from sweden?

  6. #6
    Regular Member Mordred's Avatar
    Join Date
    16-07-11
    Posts
    100


    Country: Sweden



    Quote Originally Posted by nick6899 View Post
    with celtic you mean north atlantid/atlantid? and why did you say I could be from sweden?
    Yes, Atlantid.
    But we have this phenotype in some places in Sweden. Mostly because of Vallons and Celtic slaves.

    Sent from my SM-T865 using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    29-09-21
    Posts
    35


    Country: Italy



    Quote Originally Posted by Mordred View Post
    Yes, Atlantid.
    But we have this phenotype in some places in Sweden. Mostly because of Vallons and Celtic slaves.

    Sent from my SM-T865 using Tapatalk
    I know it is particularly widespread in some parts of the west norway

  8. #8
    Regular Member Mordred's Avatar
    Join Date
    16-07-11
    Posts
    100


    Country: Sweden



    Quote Originally Posted by nick6899 View Post
    I know it is particularly widespread in some parts of the west norway
    Yes, the majority is is actually in Iceland and Greenland. But Norway as well. Vikings sold and traded slaves in Scandinavia. That's why I wrote you could be from a place like Dalarna and resemble some of it's population. I actually have many friends with similar phenotype. I believe have some interesting idea that we all look certain way. While it may be true, we do have a lot of diversities between ethnic swedes.

    Sent from my SM-T865 using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Regular Member Archetype0ne's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-06-18
    Posts
    1,033

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    J2b2-L283/FT29003

    Country: Albania



    Barring the eye color, being more typical of places like Croatia and Slovenia. Meaning almost devoid of melanin. I think nose, forehead protrusion, hairline... One of the typical looks one could see around central Italy, or even parts of Albania. But yeah, the eyes and the eyebrows kind of throw that look off. Making it seem more different than it might actually be.
    “Man cannot live without a permanent trust in something indestructible in himself, and at the same time that indestructible something as well as his trust in it may remain permanently concealed from him.”

    Franz Kafka

  10. #10
    Advisor Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    19,848


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    You look more Balkan like than Italian like to me. Maybe Albanian ancestry but living in Italy?

    Italians usually have stronger bones.

    Canavaro...







    It's possible, though.

    Ricardo Scamarcio might be closer, but still not the same...
    Attachment 12924


    Some people in my area are probably in the ballpark.

    [IMG][/IMG]

    [IMG][/IMG]

    Still more bones, though, and a different nose.

    My cousin, who is much more fair, also doesn't really fit.

    [IMG][/IMG]

    I don't see anything Atlantid about you whatsoever.

    If you are an ethnic Italian, where do your ancestors come from?


    Non si fa il proprio dovere perchè qualcuno ci dica grazie, lo si fa per principio, per se stessi, per la propria dignità. Oriana Fallaci

  11. #11
    Regular Member Mordred's Avatar
    Join Date
    16-07-11
    Posts
    100


    Country: Sweden



    And here are some ethnic swedes from Dalarna. People are indeed diverse.

    Sent from my SM-T865 using Tapatalk

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    29-09-21
    Posts
    35


    Country: Italy



    Quote Originally Posted by Mordred View Post
    And here are some ethnic swedes from Dalarna. People are indeed diverse.

    Sent from my SM-T865 using Tapatalk
    interesting, they look center-south europeans.
    Last edited by nick6899; 01-10-21 at 15:17.

  13. #13
    Advisor Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    19,848


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    Quote Originally Posted by Mordred View Post
    And here are some ethnic swedes from Dalarna. People are indeed diverse.

    Sent from my SM-T865 using Tapatalk
    Doesn't Salarna have a Saami village, and therefore people with Saami admixture? That would explain that they don't have the typical Swedish look. Even so, the man on the left looks Swedish to me in terms of facial features, and the other two definitely don't look, say, Italian or Spanish or Greek. Maybe Hungarian or something.

  14. #14
    Regular Member Mordred's Avatar
    Join Date
    16-07-11
    Posts
    100


    Country: Sweden



    Quote Originally Posted by nick6899 View Post
    interesting, they look center-south europeans. Anyway in your opinion atlantid and north-atlantid are synonymous?
    I don't agree. They look Swedish and they are Swedish. We have different phenotype since... yeah you tell me. I agree that each and every nation have a distinct phenotype and I would easily recognise a Swedish person on a vacation abroad. Sometimes at work we have fun watching pics on LinkedIn and guessing nationality and most times people are fundamentally very wrong. A whole group of people is much easier than guessing an individual. But you can see what clothes, haircut etc they have.

    Sent from my SM-T865 using Tapatalk

  15. #15
    Regular Member Mordred's Avatar
    Join Date
    16-07-11
    Posts
    100


    Country: Sweden



    Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    Doesn't Salarna have a Saami village, and therefore people with Saami admixture? That would explain that they don't have the typical Swedish look. Even so, the man on the left looks Swedish to me in terms of facial features, and the other two definitely don't look, say, Italian or Spanish or Greek. Maybe Hungarian or something.
    I understand what you mean. But I used the picture of the people I have had worked with. To be honest they aren't really from Dalarna either but moved there to work in the IT department. I really don't know if there is a Sami village, but I have a friend who's family is "kind of" Sami. My wife's grandparents came from all the way north. Area called Överkalix. Her fathers cousin is said to be Sami, but they are blond and fair so I don't know how much Sami she is. I've always pictured Sami as almost Red Indian looking but when I look at documentaries about them on TV half look like everyone else.

    I do agree that for foreigners people on the picture are not representing the "typical Swedish look".

    Sent from my SM-T865 using Tapatalk

  16. #16
    Regular Member real expert's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-09-16
    Posts
    408


    Country: Germany



    1 members found this post helpful.

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Mordred View Post
    I understand what you mean. But I used the picture of the people I have had worked with. To be honest they aren't really from Dalarna either but moved there to work in the IT department. I really don't know if there is a Sami village, but I have a friend who's family is "kind of" Sami. My wife's grandparents came from all the way north. Area called Överkalix. Her fathers cousin is said to be Sami, but they are blond and fair so I don't know how much Sami she is. I've always pictured Sami as almost Red Indian looking but when I look at documentaries about them on TV half look like everyone else.

    I do agree that for foreigners people on the picture are not representing the "typical Swedish look".

    Sent from my SM-T865 using Tapatalk
    I've been several times to Sweden, thus I know, that the guy on the right doesn't look like the average Swedish Joe. Therefore, I assume that he has some foreign admixture down the line.

    From my experience Swedish folks who don't look typically Swedish usually have some foreign ancestry. On apricity some user posted pics of a singer who was actually half Lebanese and half Swedish, and they claimed that he was 100% Swedish. They showed this singer in order to prove that Scandinavians can look Mediterranean, too. However, I met a Swedish family, who looked indeed Mediterranean. The thing was, that they were Swedish people of Ashkenazi Jewish descent who had roots in Germany. Anyway, I had a discussion on YT where some Scandinavians swore that Helena Christiansen is fully Danish. To me, she looked way too exotic. Hence, I googled her, and it turned out, that she is half Peruvian, Latina and half Danish.





    The ugly truth about stereotypes, they are often true, just not always.




    Anyway, this Swedish woman has dark hair but still looks Swedish.






  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    30-03-21
    Posts
    15


    Country: Italy



    Alpine Atlantid and you look perfectly Italian. I can't see Balkan at all. People from Balkans are easily spottable in Italy. Which region are you from?

  18. #18
    Regular Member Mordred's Avatar
    Join Date
    16-07-11
    Posts
    100


    Country: Sweden



    Quote Originally Posted by real expert View Post
    I've been several times to Sweden, thus I know, that the guy on the right doesn't look like the average Swedish Joe. Therefore, I assume that he has some foreign admixture down the line.

    From my experience Swedish folks who don't look typically Swedish usually have some foreign ancestry. On apricity some user posted pics of a singer who was actually half Lebanese and half Swedish, and they claimed that he was 100% Swedish. They showed this singer in order to prove that Scandinavians can look Mediterranean, too. However, I met a Swedish family, who looked indeed Mediterranean. The thing was, that they were Swedish people of Ashkenazi Jewish descent who had roots in Germany. Anyway, I had a discussion on YT where some Scandinavians swore that Helena Christiansen is fully Danish. To me, she looked way too exotic. Hence, I googled her, and it turned out, that she is half Peruvian, Latina and half Danish.





    The ugly truth about stereotypes, they are often true, just not always.




    Anyway, this Swedish woman has dark hair but still looks Swedish.





    Couldn't you at least find a picture of a better singer than Jenny of Ace of Base. And yes she does look Swedish as well.

    Sent from my SM-T865 using Tapatalk

  19. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    29-09-21
    Posts
    35


    Country: Italy



    Quote Originally Posted by thejoker View Post
    Alpine Atlantid and you look perfectly Italian. I can't see Balkan at all. People from Balkans are easily spottable in Italy. Which region are you from?
    sardinia. Anyway my looking can confuse because my main mediterrenean blend is the pontid, so I can be a north pontid instead of an atlantid.

  20. #20
    Regular Member Archetype0ne's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-06-18
    Posts
    1,033

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    J2b2-L283/FT29003

    Country: Albania



    Quote Originally Posted by nick6899 View Post
    sardinia. Anyway my looking can confuse because my main mediterrenean blend is the pontid, so I can be a north pontid instead of an atlantid.
    Have you done any genetic tests? I am interested to know, your steppe component since some features in my mind I associate with IE, the nose, the forehead, the hairline, but on the other hand not sure how much IE/Yamnaya modern Sardinia has. So maybe these features are AEF in nature. Some of those features I share, just in a more conspicuous way..

  21. #21
    Regular Member Cato's Avatar
    Join Date
    31-08-12
    Posts
    514


    Country: Italy



    Quote Originally Posted by Archetype0ne View Post
    Have you done any genetic tests? I am interested to know, your steppe component since some features in my mind I associate with IE, the nose, the forehead, the hairline, but on the other hand not sure how much IE/Yamnaya modern Sardinia has. So maybe these features are AEF in nature. Some of those features I share, just in a more conspicuous way..
    About 5-10%. I thought he was from the South

    Inviato dal mio POT-LX1T utilizzando Tapatalk

  22. #22
    Regular Member Archetype0ne's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-06-18
    Posts
    1,033

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    J2b2-L283/FT29003

    Country: Albania



    Personally the nose bridge, and the skull protrusions/hairline really gave me a central Italian vibe.
    Appearance is one thing, but the morphology another. The curated eyebrows and the eye color was the only thing that was making me question my classification.



    I have the same features, just more pronounced. And somehow according to FTDNA I am 93% Balkan and 7% Sardinian. So I wonder are these features farmer related, or steppe related.

    Edit: I posted the image as hidden content on imgur, only people with the link can see it. I will remove it at OPs request if needed. But it is not posted publicly outside this form.

  23. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    29-09-21
    Posts
    35


    Country: Italy



    Quote Originally Posted by Archetype0ne View Post
    Personally the nose bridge, and the skull protrusions/hairline really gave me a central Italian vibe.
    Appearance is one thing, but the morphology another. The curated eyebrows and the eye color was the only thing that was making me question my classification.



    I have the same features, just more pronounced. And somehow according to FTDNA I am 93% Balkan and 7% Sardinian. So I wonder are these features farmer related, or steppe related.

    Edit: I posted the image as hidden content on imgur, only people with the link can see it. I will remove it at OPs request if needed. But it is not posted publicly outside this form.
    don't know, simply I thought a classification about the phenotypes not the zones, so I don't understand why the nose and the forehead should be "italian central", I noticed my forehead is related to dinaroid and my nose to some meds and nordids

  24. #24
    Regular Member Cato's Avatar
    Join Date
    31-08-12
    Posts
    514


    Country: Italy



    Which region of Sardinia are you from? (If you can reveal it)


    Inviato dal mio POT-LX1T utilizzando Tapatalk

  25. #25
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    30-03-21
    Posts
    15


    Country: Italy



    Quote Originally Posted by nick6899 View Post
    sardinia. Anyway my looking can confuse because my main mediterrenean blend is the pontid, so I can be a north pontid instead of an atlantid.
    I don't think you are Pontid honestly. Your softer features compared to Atlantids are because of Alpinization to me . Pontid is not that common in Italy, let alone Sardinia.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •