Classify me

Have you done any genetic tests? I am interested to know, your steppe component since some features in my mind I associate with IE, the nose, the forehead, the hairline, but on the other hand not sure how much IE/Yamnaya modern Sardinia has. So maybe these features are AEF in nature. Some of those features I share, just in a more conspicuous way..
About 5-10%. I thought he was from the South

Inviato dal mio POT-LX1T utilizzando Tapatalk

Personally the nose bridge, and the skull protrusions/hairline really gave me a central Italian vibe.
Appearance is one thing, but the morphology another. The curated eyebrows and the eye color was the only thing that was making me question my classification.

HInEMx6.png

I have the same features, just more pronounced. And somehow according to FTDNA I am 93% Balkan and 7% Sardinian. So I wonder are these features farmer related, or steppe related.

Edit: I posted the image as hidden content on imgur, only people with the link can see it. I will remove it at OPs request if needed. But it is not posted publicly outside this form.

Personally the nose bridge, and the skull protrusions/hairline really gave me a central Italian vibe.
Appearance is one thing, but the morphology another. The curated eyebrows and the eye color was the only thing that was making me question my classification.

HInEMx6.png

I have the same features, just more pronounced. And somehow according to FTDNA I am 93% Balkan and 7% Sardinian. So I wonder are these features farmer related, or steppe related.

Edit: I posted the image as hidden content on imgur, only people with the link can see it. I will remove it at OPs request if needed. But it is not posted publicly outside this form.

don't know, simply I thought a classification about the phenotypes not the zones, so I don't understand why the nose and the forehead should be "italian central", I noticed my forehead is related to dinaroid and my nose to some meds and nordids

Which region of Sardinia are you from? (If you can reveal it)

Inviato dal mio POT-LX1T utilizzando Tapatalk

sardinia. Anyway my looking can confuse because my main mediterrenean blend is the pontid, so I can be a north pontid instead of an atlantid.

I don't think you are Pontid honestly. Your softer features compared to Atlantids are because of Alpinization to me . Pontid is not that common in Italy, let alone Sardinia.

I don't think you are Pontid honestly. Your softer features compared to Atlantids are because of Alpinization to me . Pontid is not that common in Italy, let alone Sardinia.

what are the "soft features"?

don't know, simply I thought a classification about the phenotypes not the zones, so I don't understand why the nose and the forehead should be "italian central", I noticed my forehead is related to dinaroid and my nose to some meds and nordids

Oh. Yeah, about that sort of classification I am not sure never paid that much attention to physical anthropology.
But your look is not a stranger to Italy/Balkans is what I meant.

the "Dalarna" second man (right, up) has nothing specially Spanish; he has some cromagnoid-like features for bones, what can be found allover Europe, if not always so rarely; sure he doesn't seem typical Swedish, even less than the other man; by the way, I read somewhere the most of slaves in Sweden had been found in Uppsala region, so not in Dalarna, but close enough (East); Where is their traces todate, I dont know? Where are the Walloons descendants?
as a whole, Dalarna people are (or were in the 50's) in a rather subdolicephalic region of mean stature for Sweden, rather light haired if not at the maxi for Sweden, so not a so special pop at first sight, if my records were correct;
concerning Saami, todate they are very mixed and lot of them, not by force "Germanicised", are rather mixed with other Finnic people more akin to Finns, so often light haired; the first Saami were very darker haired, and very smaller.

The nick6899 head evoke me nothing of precise: 'dinaroid'? no, in any way! very little 'alpine' if any, some light psuedo'nordic' input, more of something 'danubian med' ("gentle med" of Anatolian pre-Iran Neol origin, dominant among first EEF); the nose is not typically mediter, rather nordic+danubian (but how "pure", noses can need so much different genes) ; the height of skull evoks "danubian", but the frontal profile and browridges evoks something slightly 'brûnnoid' (parlty, gracilised!) which could be confirmed by the too light and too large irises for true 'nordic' (so my 'pseudo-nordic' is rather something of 'brünn' trend; only a personal religion, this correlation of 'brünnoid' with large pale pure blue eyes! But they are found rather among the lighter haired lighter eyed larger eyed, meso-subbrachycephalic people of North-East Europe, where a seemingly pre-'nordic' archaïc input seems stronger; this kind of light hair and light large irises are not found to much among Welshes where the 'cromanoid' input isn't negligible.
all that is kind of folklore because we know that there are associations of traits which can have had a collective reality at some time for a relatively limited span of time, these traits being dissociable one from another with time.
You can laugh as we can laugh at precise typology on modern people of multiple ancestries (already in ancient times...). Have a good time!

the "Dalarna" second man (right, up) has nothing specially Spanish; he has some cromagnoid-like features for bones, what can be found allover Europe, if not always so rarely; sure he doesn't seem typical Swedish, even less than the other man; by the way, I read somewhere the most of slaves in Sweden had been found in Uppsala region, so not in Dalarna, but close enough (East); Where is their traces todate, I dont know? Where are the Walloons descendants?
as a whole, Dalarna people are (or were in the 50's) in a rather subdolicephalic region of mean stature for Sweden, rather light haired if not at the maxi for Sweden, so not a so special pop at first sight, if my records were correct;
concerning Saami, todate they are very mixed and lot of them, not by force "Germanicised", are rather mixed with other Finnic people more akin to Finns, so often light haired; the first Saami were very darker haired, and very smaller.

The nick6899 head evoke me nothing of precise: 'dinaroid'? no, in any way! very little 'alpine' if any, some light psuedo'nordic' input, more of something 'danubian med' ("gentle med" of Anatolian pre-Iran Neol origin, dominant among first EEF); the nose is not typically mediter, rather nordic+danubian (but how "pure", noses can need so much different genes) ; the height of skull evoks "danubian", but the frontal profile and browridges evoks something slightly 'brûnnoid' (parlty, gracilised!) which could be confirmed by the too light and too large irises for true 'nordic' (so my 'pseudo-nordic' is rather something of 'brünn' trend; only a personal religion, this correlation of 'brünnoid' with large pale pure blue eyes! But they are found rather among the lighter haired lighter eyed larger eyed, meso-subbrachycephalic people of North-East Europe, where a seemingly pre-'nordic' archaïc input seems stronger; this kind of light hair and light large irises are not found to much among Welshes where the 'cromanoid' input isn't negligible.
all that is kind of folklore because we know that there are associations of traits which can have had a collective reality at some time for a relatively limited span of time, these traits being dissociable one from another with time.
You can laugh as we can laugh at precise typology on modern people of multiple ancestries (already in ancient times...). Have a good time!

Exactly. :)

my forehead would seem dinarid type, instead the nordic parts look like the dalofaelid for the nose and east-nordid for the jaw.

too much '-ids' in my thought (no offense of course); I use '-oid' distinct of '-ic' when I want to speak about features that evok ancient pops faded out, or only some proximities to well defined types( '-like' would be even better then); the so called 'dalofaelid' by example is a evidently constructed type about evident mixes of better identified types, without any reality in itself, IMO; for 'eastnordid' maybe you want to say what was called 'east-baltic'?
I have not too sure idea about how a 'dinarid' ('dinaric', prefer) forehead looks; the ideal type is rather defined by neat brachycephalic high skull with planoccipitaly with a back head almost vertical, and rather abrupt changes in lateral and horizontal profiles of skull. It seems the frontal was described as something close enough to a subdolichocephalic one, what confers this curious horizontal shape of skull to 'dinaric' types, very different of the 'alpine' ones. But if I have to speak of 'dinaric' I 'm unable to base myself on the frontal.
frontal is somehow confusing at the individual level because it seems it can be inherited (some forms would be genetically dominant) independently of the general shape of the skull (true for other parts, in fact: it's why we see some individuals with very surprising forms of skull, as if it would have been errors in the choices of the pieces to weld together!)
some types have existed, by selection and drift, I suppose, the question is how to link them too deep genetic ancestry.

too much '-ids' in my thought (no offense of course); I use '-oid' distinct of '-ic' when I want to speak about features that evok ancient pops faded out, or only some proximities to well defined types( '-like' would be even better then); the so called 'dalofaelid' by example is a evidently constructed type about evident mixes of better identified types, without any reality in itself, IMO; for 'eastnordid' maybe you want to say what was called 'east-baltic'?
I have not too sure idea about how a 'dinarid' ('dinaric', prefer) forehead looks; the ideal type is rather defined by neat brachycephalic high skull with planoccipitaly with a back head almost vertical, and rather abrupt changes in lateral and horizontal profiles of skull. It seems the frontal was described as something close enough to a subdolichocephalic one, what confers this curious horizontal shape of skull to 'dinaric' types, very different of the 'alpine' ones. But if I have to speak of 'dinaric' I 'm unable to base myself on the frontal.
frontal is somehow confusing at the individual level because it seems it can be inherited (some forms would be genetically dominant) independently of the general shape of the skull (true for other parts, in fact: it's why we see some individuals with very surprising forms of skull, as if it would have been errors in the choices of the pieces to weld together!)
some types have existed, by selection and drift, I suppose, the question is how to link them too deep genetic ancestry.

yeah in my case it's rather hard to determine a right classification, because my looking has a lot of mixes, but I created a method to do, for every part of the face and the head I identified the main phenotypes which can belong to those features, and then calculated the percentuals of med, nordid, alpinid ecc...

OK. just, some crossings of features are easy to decipher at say 70%/80%, others are less, the lest when they are between types of already closes features.
It's a game. more interesting at the collective level when some striking differences can help to reveal new recent introgressions whatever the depth in allover autosomes... by instance, at Hallstatt times, a new brutal type appear often (~25%) in the sepultures of Baviera (<east?), Austria, Moravia until Silesia, the most in the richest tombs, and the most of the places seemed roughly at the margins of West & East Hallstatt. Question: what were they Y-haplos?

OK. just, some crossings of features are easy to decipher at say 70%/80%, others are less, the lest when they are between types of already closes features.
It's a game. more interesting at the collective level when some striking differences can help to reveal new recent introgressions whatever the depth in allover autosomes... by instance, at Hallstatt times, a new brutal type appear often (~25%) in the sepultures of Baviera (<east?), Austria, Moravia until Silesia, the most in the richest tombs, and the most of the places seemed roughly at the margins of West & East Hallstatt. Question: what were they Y-haplos?

exactly, we need to refer to the genetics issue too, to be sure I have to find my autosome and see what are "my areas", then use some calculator

My cousin, who is much more fair, also doesn't really fit.

JQCYP9e.png
[/IMG]

Wow a long time ago you 'classified' me, you mentioned your cousin (but back then you didn't want to publish a photo, that would cause you being persona non grata or something like that).

But he really resembles me! I'm kind of exaggerated version of him, unless his bizygomatic width is also about 150 mm (the width of my glasses).

Scandanavian

This thread has been viewed 10032 times.

Back