Guess my origins or classify my taxonomy .

NO. First of all ancient north african and middle eastern people are caucasoid with fair skin. But I don't know whether they are called to be " white." Anyway you don't look like normal ancient egytian, but royals.

Please who are the royals ?

Here is a clear true tone shot to shed some light on weather i am on the Mediterranid saharid west-north african or caucasoid-semitic !!
My base skin tone is medium olive that varies depending on sun exposure ,i even wonder if this is a mediterranid/West-north african or West asian/south caucasoid trait ?
Take your time guys ;D
FB-IMG-1633294785255.jpg

I saw the link. So do you mean i look extremely egyptian ??

Yes :) … it’s about the shape of the face- the forehead, the eyes, and the jawline, … Though I am usually wrong at this game LOL!

His features look like someone from the Caucasus, maybe Armenian, I think.

rKMamwP.jpg

… for years, when they ask me what I want as a gift, I say:
Caesar's red cloak, Alexander's breastplate, King Tut's meteoric iron dagger, …

… this year they got me a Poster of King Tut’s dagger, … I should have been clearer, … I was expecting the real ones, … LOL

snmGHPw.jpg

I have always found Egyptian civilization rich and fascinating.

Here is a clear true tone shot to shed some light on weather i am on the Mediterranid saharid west-north african or caucasoid-semitic !!
My base skin tone is medium olive that varies depending on sun exposure ,i even wonder if this is a mediterranid/West-north african or West asian/south caucasoid trait ?
Take your time guys ;D
FB-IMG-1633294785255.jpg

Although a factor, I think skull and facial features are more telling than skin tone alone … it can even vary between siblings.

… for years, when they ask me what I want as a gift, I say:
Caesar's red cloak, Alexander's breastplate, King Tut's meteoric iron dagger, …

… this year they got me a Poster of King Tut’s dagger, … I should have been clearer, … I was expecting the real ones, … LOL

snmGHPw.jpg

I have always found Egyptian civilization rich and fascinating.

We are two. I also have a great fascination with Egyptian civilization. I have great respect for the enormous legacy of this advanced and captivating civilization.

Although a factor, I think skull and facial features are more telling than skin tone alone … it can even vary between siblings.

Is the full body picture more expressive or should i post another one ? if so , what strikes you as my obvious ethnic base ?

Is the full body picture more expressive or should i post another one ? if so , what strikes you as my obvious ethnic base ?
I say: 91% 🧬 Modern Algeria + 9% 🧬 France

You look like a man that I work with. . . I would have guessed Nepalese.

Well done my friend you almost got it right :
This is where i am ethnically from from both parents sides :
Where-is-Oujda-Located-What-Country-is-Oujda-in-Oujda-Map-800x445.jpg

Thanks, … though the combination of your upper lips, the slight sign of a cleft chin, and an oval lower face, signaled to me an older genetic link with probably the French (from about 5 - 6 generations ago) … I think :)

Thanks, … though the combination of your upper lips, the slight sign of a cleft chin, and an oval lower face, signaled to me an older genetic link with probably the French (from about 5 - 6 generations ago) … I think :)

Yes i may have a southern european influence usually found in north africans from the mediterranean side.

Now since i have cultural tribal origins from a hilali gulf arab clan i thought i may express some arabid traits but according to peoples opinions i am basically Afro-mediterranean.

Hi TheProbga90x

In some ways we are autosomal cousins. Living DNA, in its latest update, tells me that I am a mix of Europeans (80.3%), North Africans (13%) and Arabs (6.7%).

mSc7IRM.png

Not that I believe my Maghreb-Arabic ancestry is recent. This ancestry came to me through Portuguese and Spanish immigrants who arrived in Brazil from 1750 to the end of the 19th century. This so-called "middle eastern" ancestry came to me through European immigrants and not directly through Arab or North African immigration.

I believe that the percentages assigned by Living DNA corresponding to modern populations is an exercise in the algorithm's fiction to meet the commercial purposes of the application, but, doing an exercise of regression in time, I would say that my %s ancestry
qualified by Living DNA as ‘Maghrebrian/Arabian like', considering me basically a descendant of Portuguese and, to a lesser degree, also of 19th-century Spaniards, it finds support in the study by Olalde et al 2019:

'We assembled genome-wide data from 271 ancient Iberians, of whom 176 are from the largely unsampled period after 2000 BCE, thereby providing a high-resolution time transect of the Iberian Peninsula.We document high genetic substructure between northwestern and southeastern hunter-gatherers before the spread of farming.We reveal sporadic contacts between Iberia and North Africa by ~2500 BCE and, by ~2000 BCE, the replacement of 40% of Iberia’s ancestry and nearly 100% of its Y-chromosomes by people with Steppe ancestry.We show that, in the Iron Age, Steppe ancestry had spread not only into Indo-European–speaking regions but also into non-Indo-European–speaking ones, and we reveal that present-day Basques are best described as a typical Iron Age population without the admixture events that later affected the rest of Iberia. Additionally,we document how, beginning at least in the Roman period, the ancestry of the peninsula was transformed by gene flow from North Africa and the eastern Mediterranean'.

Last edited:

This thread has been viewed 8147 times.

Back