Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum

Thread: Guess this fellas ethnicity

Y-DNA haplogroup
    J2b2-L283/FT29003

Guess this fellas ethnicity

Guess this mans ethnicity.

What phenotype would this be?
    “Man cannot live without a permanent trust in something indestructible in himself, and at the same time that indestructible something as well as his trust in it may remain permanently concealed from him.”

Franz Kafka

Y-DNA haplogroup
    J2b2-L283/FT29003

No one wants to play?

Bumpy Bump

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-DF27/R-Y45921

Quote Originally Posted by Archetype0ne View Post
    No one wants to play?

Bumpy Bump
    Scandinavian, Dutch, English or Northern German.

Albanian? kosovar?

Irish / Scott
    Or Northern Albanian.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    J2b2-L283/FT29003

1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cato View Post
    Albanian? kosovar?
    That is something I thought too, since I have seen this phenotype, although its not the most common, but its not uncommon, especially the closer you get the Malësi.

Mainly the mature hairline, nose bridge, protrusions on the forehead etc.

But no he is not Albanian/Kosovar.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    J2b2-L283/FT29003

Quote Originally Posted by Duarte View Post
    Scandinavian, Dutch, English or Northern German.
    Which one of those you think is more likely?

What phenotype would this be? The man in the picture.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    J2b2-L283/FT29003

Quote Originally Posted by Excine View Post
    Irish / Scott
    Or Northern Albanian.
    So I am not the only Albanian thinking that. Could have sworn that face was very familiar.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-DF27/R-Y45921

Which one of those you think is more likely?

What phenotype would this be? The man in the picture.
    I think that he is Dutch.

Ethnic group
    Italian

He looks English to me, from somewhere where there's more Danish, northern German influence.

Type is Nordic, I suppose.

He could be American too, but of the same ancestry.

Non si fa il proprio dovere perchè qualcuno ci dica grazie, lo si fa per principio, per se stessi, per la propria dignità. Oriana Fallaci

So I am not the only Albanian thinking that. Could have sworn that face was very familiar.
    I have a cousin who has a similar facial structure like that man, a bit more on the rounder side with the similar eye & nose expressions, imo it's not too uncommon in Malësi to see people like that. But my first choice would definitely somewhere in Ireland or Scotland. I don't really see him coming from a Slavic speaking region though.

The fair features would lead most to say NW Euro, but yet he looks strangely familiar. That profile is definitely suspicious.

Morphology doesn't seem typically NW Euro; there's a southern pull. I see more "Basic White" (if you guys know your Angel) + Alpine + some Nordic. Could, of course, be all kinds of things.

Maybe Austrian.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    J2b2-L283/FT29003

As per usual a lot of people nailed it/came very close.

Found the image on my timeline about some guy going to court.
    Domestic violence warning, don't read if you get upset, this guy obviously has mental health problems:
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-b1958363.html

He's from GB, so everyone that guessed British, Irish or Scottish could be right.

Now that I have though of it, the mix certainly looks some sort of more eastern shifted Danish like. All the features I have previously noted plus even the curling beard and hair made me think that's a face I have seen many times around Albania. Hence why I made this "guess" thread. More so in my mind he has some clear Roman input mixed with Nordic input. Just thinking of Roman and Ancient Greek busts that profile is very common.

Domestic violence warning, don't read if you get upset, this guy obviously has mental health problems:

He's from GB, so everyone that guessed British, Irish or Scottish could be right.

Now that I have though of it, the mix certainly looks some sort of more eastern shifted Danish like. All the features I have previously noted plus even the curling beard and hair made me think that's a face I have seen many times around Albania. Hence why I made this "guess" thread. More so in my mind he has some clear Roman input mixed with Nordic input. Just thinking of Roman and Ancient Greek busts that profile is very common.
    The large forehead :P

Y-DNA haplogroup
    J2b2-L283/FT29003

The brow bones protruding, in combination with the hairline too. With a low fat cheekbones, longish face. Curly hair and beard.

The brow bones protruding, in combination with the hairline too. With a low fat cheekbones, longish face. Curly hair and beard.
    Here in Malësi the long face is very common, I myself have this trait, also weaker chins are common here too, I believe Edith Durham labeled them looking like "geese" large noses, slim & tall, with weak chins.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-DF27/R-Y45921

That's it. This is a bad guy.

Callused hands, slightly curly hair and beard. Hard, thin and long face. The very fair, pink skin, and all the very light facial hair (hair, beard, eyebrows). These features wouldn't let me define him as someone who might be native to somewhere in southern Europe. In fact a very English type, as Angela guessed.

Ethnic group
    Italian

Quote Originally Posted by Duarte View Post
    That's it. This is a bad guy.

Callused hands, slightly curly hair and beard. Hard, thin and long face. The very fair, pink skin, and all the very light facial hair (hair, beard, eyebrows). These features wouldn't let me define him as someone who might be native to somewhere in southern Europe. In fact a very English type, as Angela guessed.
    I had no hesitation about it; English was my instant, gut response.

After reading your post, I just went to search for Jason Staham, who had been niggling at the back of my mind. He's darker, but the same English type, I think.

I think the break in the nose is from fighting; he didn't have it when young. :)

Scandinavian Nordics look different to me; softer, somehow, like Alexander Skarsgard.

When Italians are pretty fair and what some might call Nordic looking, it's a different look again: that pinkish white skin is more rare, although they're still very fair skinned, and the hair seems to turn dark blonde pretty young, although that's often true with a lot of Scandinavians too. I think the pinky, fair skin is a pretty good indication of British Isles ancestry. Plus, the skull is usually more broad in Italians.

Stefano Casiraghi

My Dad was more this type. Old pictures darken, so you can't really tell, but his hair was still a dirty blonde at 30, and his eyes were green. The skull is broad, though not as broad as Casiraghi's, but also definitely long, so it was huge, a trait I inherited from him, unfortunately. Then add all my thick hair, and the only hats that ever fit me were men's hats, because they come in different sizes. :) Oh, his nose goes to the side because it was broken; futbol was one of his passions.

GB makes sense (they're pretty much a mix of the types I've described above, I believe). But you only know his nationality, not his actual ancestry, right?

I was expecting you to say he was Albanian, because I've seen these types of "Scottish" Albanians. Perfect "guess the race" thread curveballs.

Ethnic group
    Italian

Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    I had no hesitation about it; English was my instant, gut response.

After reading your post, I just went to search for Jason Staham, who had been niggling at the back of my mind. He's darker, but the same English type, I think.

I think the break in the nose is from fighting; he didn't have it when young. :)

Scandinavian Nordics look different to me; softer, somehow, like Alexander Skarsgard.

When Italians are pretty fair and what some might call Nordic looking, it's a different look again: that pinkish white skin is more rare, although they're still very fair skinned, and the hair seems to turn dark blonde pretty young, although that's often true with a lot of Scandinavians too. I think the pinky, fair skin is a pretty good indication of British Isles ancestry. Plus, the skull is usually more broad in Italians.

Stefano Casiraghi

My Dad was more this type. Old pictures darken, so you can't really tell, but his hair was still a dirty blonde at 30, and his eyes were green. The skull is broad, though not as broad as Casiraghi's, but also definitely long, so it was huge, a trait I inherited from him, unfortunately. Then add all my thick hair, and the only hats that ever fit me were men's hats, because they come in different sizes. :) Oh, his nose goes to the side because it was broken; futbol was one of his passions.

Tom Hiddleston, another example...

Y-DNA haplogroup
    J2b2-L283/FT29003

Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    Tom Hiddleston, another example...

Very good observations Angela as per usual you hit the nail on the first try and provide good backing information and examples.
    I have in mind another guess thread, with some very interesting features, if I can somehow find enough background information of the model.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-V13

Actually, i do get an Albanian vibe from this picture.

Ethnic group
    Italian

Another very English face of the same "general" type as the man in the original post; Bernie Carvil

Here, playing Adam Dalgliesh the detective, the skull seems broader, like Italians of this type.

Looks close to a Tom Hiddleston type here; I'd never guess him to be anything other than British.