Angela

Elite member
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Italian
francesco-arca.jpg

a012588cfe0de799ebfda42251df24d9.jpg

arca_francesco_00059.jpg

I think he might be Greek or from any Balkan country.

French. He looks like someone from southern France.

Reminds me of an Italian actor from the series "Commissario Rex"

You got it, Italo, he's the Italian actor whom you saw in that series. :) I don't think he "looks" very Italian, however, neither in facial bone structure nor body type.

If I had to play a guessing game, I guess I'd say Balkanite, but that doesn't quite fit either.

I think he has a very archaic look in a lot of his pictures. Unlike Moesan, I'm not all that conversant with all the Mesolithic samples from Europe so I can't be more specific than that, but those jutting brows, slanted forehead, even his body built etc., are not at all common in Italy.

This is what I mean; he should never smile. :)
francesco-arca-attends-la-vita-promessa-photocall-at-rai-viale-on-picture-id1032735342

When I found out his heritage it made more sense. He's half Sardinian. I think perhaps his looks are a bit of a throw back because of the large percentage of WHG in Sardinians.

Foto_Vite_In_Fuga_Francesco_Arca.jpeg

I've always thought he was ugly, but I just saw him in the first episode of La Vita Promessa with Luisa Ranieri on Netflix, and he definitely has a sort of smoldering sexuality thing going on when he wants to portray it. :)
arca-ranieri-a-vita-promessa.jpg

His features remind me of those of French Chef Olivier Anquier (Olivier Noel Christian François Anquier) living in Brazil and born in Montfermeil - France.

wTIeCdJ.jpg

abl5q2L.jpg

MnLSA2S.png

Yes, I definitely see it, although the Frenchman is better looking. :)

Anyone who is looking for something to watch should give the series a try. I think it's quite good in portraying the experience of those immigrants who went to the U.S. in the beginning of the 20th century, even if it's a bit of a soap opera. If nothing else, one can look at the beautiful Luisa Ranieri. One can a bit understand his obsession, without excusing his crimes against her.

She's gained a little weight and a few wrinkles with the passage of the years (she was 45 when the film was made in 2018) and two babies, but I think she's still stunning, even having clearly resisted the pressure to have things done to her face and body.

d863ac36878ccfea7d54e5fcfd7cb559.jpg

Luisa-Ranieri-LA-VITA-PROMESSA-Ph-Assunta-Servello_alta.jpg

You got it, Italo, he's the Italian actor whom you saw in that series. :) I don't think he "looks" very Italian, however, neither in facial bone structure nor body type.

If I had to play a guessing game, I guess I'd say Balkanite, but that doesn't quite fit either.

I think he has a very archaic look in a lot of his pictures. Unlike Moesan, I'm not all that conversant with all the Mesolithic samples from Europe so I can't be more specific than that, but those jutting brows, slanted forehead, even his body built etc., are not at all common in Italy.

This is what I mean; he should never smile. :)

When I found out his heritage it made more sense. He's half Sardinian. I think perhaps his looks are a bit of a throw back because of the large percentage of WHG in Sardinians.

His parents, father is Sardinian from Oristano and his mother is most likely Tuscan from Siena. The pic was posted by him.

GGVcfvX.png

That may be, but the line obviously was in Sardinia long enough for the phenotype to be very Sardinian of a certain type and not typically Corsican.

I by no means meant to imply that all Sardinians look like him, because they don't, but a certain percentage do indeed exhibit that archaic phenotype.

Also, you can find rather archaic looking people in other countries too.

I always thought Rafael Nadal was rather archaic looking.
2015-02-28t221356z_1515056860_gm1eb310h6v01_rtrmadp_3_tennis-men-argentina.jpg

I don't know much about the phenotype of the Corsicans but i agree that he looks Sardinian although he consider himself Tuscan (from what i've read)

I don't know much about the phenotype of the Corsicans but i agree that he looks Sardinian although he consider himself Tuscan (from what i've read)

Well, he consider himself (also) Sardinian.

«Sono al 51% sardo!» «Il mio sangue sardo, la caratteristica che ho ereditato da mio padre – spiega – è la testardaggine, come lui ho la testa dura e credo sia la mia dote migliore, per lo meno sul piano professionale, perché mi spinge a non arrendermi, ad affrontare le difficoltà che sono arrivate, arrivano e arriveranno».

Tornando alla Sardegna, qual è il suo legame con l’isola?

«Intenso. Qua ho i cugini, gli zii, la famiglia da parte mio padre. Sono legato a tutto il Sinis e in particolar modo a Is Arutas che è la spiaggia della mia infanzia e che continuo ad amare. Ma la Sardegna la conosco tutta: la spiaggia di Porto Pino e tutta la zona di Teulada mi fa impazzire, al nord ci sono scenari incredibili ma l’entroterra ha un fascino magico. Mi capita di frequentarla anche d’inverno e diverse volte ho avuto il piacere di godermi la Sartiglia. La Sardegna è un mondo che contiene mondi».

https://www.lanuovasardegna.it/temp...ardegna-come-me-istintiva-e-tenace-1.17849642

Here he says "sono un toscano romanista" i'm a Tuscan who supports A.S. Roma [emoji275]
https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.voce...ere-la-roma-partivo-la-mattina-da-siena-85430

That's a 2016 interview to a newspaper of AS Roma supporters, the one I had posted is more recent (and it was to a Sardinian newspaper). Can you immagine a Tuscan who supports AS Roma? He is an actor, he lives in Rome, most of the Italian actors live or move to Rome, and he says what the interviewer expects to hear. In any case, he is still half Sardinian and half Tuscan. His Sardinian father was a soldier in the Folgore, which has most of its bases in Tuscany.

How did a molehill turn into a mountain? My father was born in Sarzana (Liguria on the border of Toscana) and raised near Aulla in Toscana. He identified a lot with Ligurians and Tuscans because he spent his life amongst them until moving to the U.S. in his mid thirties. That didn't change the fact that he was 100% Emilian, often went to visit family there and understood and spoke a variant of Pramzan spoken in the mountains.

Genetics don't change, although cultural affiliations might. Another example is my husband: 100% Southern Italian in genetics but American in affiliation. He neither understands nor speaks Italian, has never been there for more than two weeks at a time, has loyalty only to the U.S. although he is proud of his Italian heritage and is far more Italian in his personality and outlooks than even he appreciates.

This is a thread about PHENOTYPES. That relates to genetics. What difference does it make if he sometimes describes himself as a Tuscan and sometimes as a Sardinian, especially as he's actually both, and as a supporter of a Roman team since he's probably lived there for decades.

Even in Italy people move around. A Southern Italian who moves to the Trentino or Aosta is still Southern Italian in terms of genetics. Foreigners might not be able to tell them apart, but Italians should in most cases be able to do so. Your genetics don't and can't change. Even if a person would prefer to identify with their new area I'm sure if it's Italy that the locals don't let him or her forget it.

In that first pic he looks a bit like my son who is a total mongrel, Greek/Thracian on my side and Italian and English/Irish on his mother's side.

Chiellini is Tuscan but most Tuscans have straight noses of moderate size,not big, hooked noses.

Last edited:
This man is from Tuscany, he is exactly 50% from central Italy, his mother is tuscan.

Despite he is not a stereotypical central italian with a "big hook nose" like for example Chiellini, central italians can look also like him.

An example is for example the champion Filippo Magnini from Marche (central italy). Not all central italians have hook nose as anyone claim!
View attachment 13043

How is Chiellini's nose typical for Tuscany or Central Italy ?? Most of Tuscan and Central Italian football players have straight little\medium nose.
Arca doesn't look central Italian at all, let alone Tuscan, he looks Sardinian to the bone and he's a drop of water with his Sardinian father infact not the Mom. If anything Arca took his straight nose after his mom as his father is quite dinarized in the nose . Who says that all central Italians have hook noses anyway, i mean trolls apart ?? It's like to say that all Sardinians look like Gavino Garrucciu, Maria Grazia Loddo, Francesca Lodo and Michela Murgia that is swarthy, dark, large berid nosed and short like many believe.

This thread has been viewed 9909 times.

Back