Reaction score
Ethnic group
Italian
Y-DNA haplogroup
R-PF7566 (R-Y227216)
mtDNA haplogroup
H6a1b7
Current Covid boosters are enough to fight the omicron variant, Fauci says

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/heal...ugh-fight-omicron-variant-fauci-says-rcna8868

I received my booster a few weeks ago, along with my flu shot right after. We simply booked an appointment and went to a CVS pharmacy. I received my shot immediately, and just had to hang out for 15 minutes for observation. I had no side effects, whatsoever. A far different experience than going to a mega vaccination site, run by the military, with thousands of people standing on line.

… got Pfizer booster and flu shot two weeks ago at Walgreens, three days after booking an appointment, … my arm hurt a bit for a day, though got both shots in the same arm.

I also got a stash of QuickVue and BinaxNow 15 minute tests (about) … :)

I have received my 2nd shot Moderna on August, so i guess i have to wait after January for any 3rd booster shot.

What if I have two shots of AstraZenneca and want to get a Pfizer booster? Is it possible or not?

… you can NOT get the Astra Zeneca covid vaccine in the United States !!!

… you can NOT get the Astra Zeneca covid vaccine in the United States !!!

Are you considered fully vaccinated if you only have 2? Can you mix and match different covid vaccines for different strains, to qualify for a covid passport to buy groceries?

To get fully vaccinated governmental passport clearance; will all who have #2 and #3 need the new Omicron vaccines?

watch

My parents got two of Astrazeneca and then a booster of Pfizer.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/28/health/mixing-pfizer-astrazeneca-results.html
Mixing Pfizer and AstraZeneca vaccines provides strong protection, according to a preliminary study (bold is mine)
(...)
"Dr. Snape and his colleagues then drew blood to measure the immune response in the volunteers. They found that those who got two doses of Pfizer-BioNTech produced levels of antibodies about 10 times as high as those who got two doses of AstraZeneca. Volunteers who got Pfizer followed by AstraZeneca showed antibody levels about five times as high as those with two doses of AstraZeneca. And volunteers who got AstraZeneca followed by Pfizer reached antibody levels about as high as those who got two doses of Pfizer."
(...)
"The study also found that using different vaccines produced a higher level of immune cells primed to attack the coronavirus than did giving two doses of the same vaccine. Dr. Snape said it wasn’t clear yet why mixing had that advantage. 'It’s very intriguing, let’s say that much,' he said."

Pfizer is stronger when it comes to antibodies, in the first months, and Astrazeneca effect supposedly lasts longer (if so, due perhaps to a stronger cell response).
Efficacy against Delta, with extrapolations
https%3A%2F%2Fd6c748xw2pzm8.cloudfront.net%2Fprod%2F981c1740-00d3-11ec-8dc4-ed832247c50d-standard.png

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...trazeneca-vaccine-may-have-spared-uk-omicron/
Decisive use of AstraZeneca vaccine may have spared UK from omicron crisis hitting Europe
(...)
'The key, he says, is that although the RNA jabs produce a more obvious and rapid jump in antibody levels in lab tests, other vaccines may be better at priming another part of the immune system: cellular immunity.

Cellular immunity includes various forms of T cells, including those that destroy infected cells, and also memory cells, ensuring a person can fight off an infection several years after they are first exposed to it. They are slower to react than antibodies and do not prevent infection, but do halt the pathogen in its tracks, making it harder for the virus to cause damage.

'We’ve seen early data that the Oxford jab produces a very durable cellular response and if you’ve got a durable cellular immunity response then they can last for a long time. It can last for life in some cases.' he said."
(...)

My parents got two of Astrazeneca and then a booster of Pfizer.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/28/health/mixing-pfizer-astrazeneca-results.html
Mixing Pfizer and AstraZeneca vaccines provides strong protection, according to a preliminary study (bold is mine)
(...)
"Dr. Snape and his colleagues then drew blood to measure the immune response in the volunteers. They found that those who got two doses of Pfizer-BioNTech produced levels of antibodies about 10 times as high as those who got two doses of AstraZeneca. Volunteers who got Pfizer followed by AstraZeneca showed antibody levels about five times as high as those with two doses of AstraZeneca. And volunteers who got AstraZeneca followed by Pfizer reached antibody levels about as high as those who got two doses of Pfizer."
(...)
"The study also found that using different vaccines produced a higher level of immune cells primed to attack the coronavirus than did giving two doses of the same vaccine. Dr. Snape said it wasn’t clear yet why mixing had that advantage. 'It’s very intriguing, let’s say that much,' he said."

Pfizer is stronger when it comes to antibodies, in the first months, and Astrazeneca effect supposedly lasts longer (if so, due perhaps to a stronger cell response).
Efficacy against Delta, with extrapolations
https%3A%2F%2Fd6c748xw2pzm8.cloudfront.net%2Fprod%2F981c1740-00d3-11ec-8dc4-ed832247c50d-standard.png

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...trazeneca-vaccine-may-have-spared-uk-omicron/
Decisive use of AstraZeneca vaccine may have spared UK from omicron crisis hitting Europe
(...)
'The key, he says, is that although the RNA jabs produce a more obvious and rapid jump in antibody levels in lab tests, other vaccines may be better at priming another part of the immune system: cellular immunity.

Cellular immunity includes various forms of T cells, including those that destroy infected cells, and also memory cells, ensuring a person can fight off an infection several years after they are first exposed to it. They are slower to react than antibodies and do not prevent infection, but do halt the pathogen in its tracks, making it harder for the virus to cause damage.

'We’ve seen early data that the Oxford jab produces a very durable cellular response and if you’ve got a durable cellular immunity response then they can last for a long time. It can last for life in some cases.' he said."
(...)

I took two shots of AstraZeneca vaccine at an interval of 3 months and the booster was with the Pfizer vaccine. My son, 26 years old, took two shots of the Pfizer vaccine and is waiting for the date to take the booster dose. In BH, 90% of the population has taken at least two doses of approved vaccines and I had a mild reinfection just now in January (only mild sore throat and runny nose and cough) after returning from Rio (I had severe COVID in July 2020, when there were still no vaccines in Brazil) and my wife also tested positive now but she was asymptomatic. In BH, from in this Monday, the 25th, vaccination of all children between 5 and 11 years of age with Pfizer's pediatric vaccine began. without any restrictions.

I took the 3rd booster, and since then i am not feeling particularly good, i am having a frequent cough.

I think i will not proceed with vaccines, i have nothing against it, but i prefer to wait it for a more and better tested vaccine with less side effects.

I understand governments that for them deaths from vaccine are just statistical noises, but for me personally it's quite important. I have 1 life, and we are not living in a video game to repeat life itself.

I took the 3rd booster, and since then i am not feeling particularly good, i am having a frequent cough.

I think i will not proceed with vaccines, i have nothing against it, but i prefer to wait it for a more and better tested vaccine with less side effects.

I understand governments that for them deaths from vaccine are just statistical noises, but for me personally it's quite important. I have 1 life, and we are not living in a video game to repeat life itself.

Hope you get better soon and that it is nothing serious. Maybe go get a check up, do d-dimer just to be safe as some have had problems with this.

Hope you get better soon and that it is nothing serious. Maybe go get a check up, do d-dimer just to be safe as some have had problems with this.

Thanks bro, i got much better since then. Right after the booster shot i started to cough too much, but now fortunately is gone.

I am in a 7 day lockdown at home for covid......................I have been tested negative twice in 4 days ................but my wife is positive for covid ( only symptom is a runny nose )............i wonder if I will catch it............I wonder if its lurking in the furniture or surroundings

I am in a 7 day lockdown at home for covid......................I have been tested negative twice in 4 days ................but my wife is positive for covid ( only symptom is a runny nose )............i wonder if I will catch it............I wonder if its lurking in the furniture or surroundings

… sorry to hear that, … hope all goes well, … take care of each other :)

I wish all the best for you and your family, Torzio. Take care each other. The omicron variant is very contagious but, as a rule, for those vaccinated, it has mild symptoms that resemble those of a common flu. Everything will be fine.

This thread has been viewed 6893 times.

Back