Widespread Gayness all around the world

Mmiikkii

Reaction score
Ethnic group
southern EUROPEAN
https://www.ipsos.com/en-us/news-polls/ipsos-lgbt-pride-2021-global-survey

A survey last year by Ipsos, a marketing research company, indicated that varying levels of same-sex attraction are unbelievably high in all countries(not enough for Muslim and African ones).

Suggesting that low levels of homosexuality are a substantially distributed trait among all populations.

The results are clear, around 65-70% say They're attracted ONLY to the opposite sex.
That is very low for what we usually think.

An additional 30% don't know, are equally attracted to both...
Less than 5% in most countries are gay/lesbian.

Concretely like 8/9% in UK, Canada, Belgium, Australia, France. ~5% in Latin America. ~3% in Eastern Europe and East Asia say they ONLY like the other sex.

The most striking piece of data, is that only 55% of Indians and 66% of Chinese respondents are sure they don't like people from other sexes.

I know this poll is skewed towards urban populations with access to the internet, but at least in China and Latin America is like 60%.
Bear in mind that Italy (a developed Western European country in the EU has 75% penetration rate).

So, it's very likely it's not so biased towards urban wealthier populations. People without it may mostly be older villagers, not very representative of the future of the country.
Only India with 40% of people having internet this poll shows an urban fenomenon.
In China for example, virtually all people younger than 40 has an smartphone. Online paying is commonplace.

British Youth

Another survey of YouGov in 2015 showed that only 46% of people younger than 24 are just straight. Adding the people that are just a bit attracted to other people, we have 32% that also has substantial same-sex attraction.

Summarising, a lot of people in developed societies and urban environments fall into a spectrum, where they mostly concentrate closer to heterosexuality, but are not just heterosexual.

In this site we have discussed if Haplogroup R1b correlates with higher levels of homosexuality. Which may be true.

But clearly homosexuality is a widespread fenomenon that can't be related to a single ethnic group. Besides, a study showed only 8-25% of queerness is explicable by genes.

It is mostly an epigenetic trait that seems to go up in places that are developed and urban(look India in the poll, where a lot of rural population are not showed).

Beware internet polls.

In this case it's even worse. You had to go to an LGBTQ platform in order to vote. So, I'd throw it in the trash if I were you.

That's not to say that all the "news" about it might not cause some people to think about it more deeply than they ever had before, and to perhaps equate some adolescent "crushes" or even experimentation with actual same sex attraction or even bi-sexuality. I think that's a mistake, but hey, whatever floats your boat, as they say. Consenting adults and all that...

Involving children with unformed psyches is a whole other story.
'

Beware internet polls.

In this case it's even worse. You had to go to an LGBTQ platform in order to vote. So, I'd throw it in the trash if I were you.

That's not to say that all the "news" about it might not cause some people to think about it more deeply than they ever had before, and to perhaps equate some adolescent "crushes" or even experimentation with actual same sex attraction or even bi-sexuality. I think that's a mistake, but hey, whatever floats your boat, as they say. Consenting adults and all that...

Involving children with unformed psyches is a whole other story.
'

Really this comes from an Internet platform? It says it comes from Ipsos website.

Anyway, it's true in the real world this comes in the form of a kiss or a crush with your best friend. Few people goes into having anything gay. Most people 'does straight'. The own poll shows it.

But it's still remarkable that such a considerable amount of people has that.

There is also a poll, of Australian women in their 20s, that "non-heterosexuality"(full heterosexuality at least) is like 45%. But only 10% had significant lesbian activity, and half was bisexuality...

And that 10% are the women, young, and from Australia. So, imagine men, middle aged or from any other country...

This thread has been viewed 1532 times.

Back