Is the north african J-L222.2 still heavily present in Saudi arabia ?

TheProbga90x

Reaction score
Hi everybody on board.

I am from Morocco Casablanca city in the centre.

My paternal grand father was born in North east of the country in a bedouin arab hilali tribe called "مهاية" "Mhaya".

His brother was always talking about their tribal origin that he and some old historical papers claim to be from Central-West saudi arabia in Nejd desert .

Currently there is a DNA project for this Hilali lineage and it is labeling its paternal haplogroup as J-L222.2 , a subclade of J-P58.

So my question is :

Is this Hilali haplogoup J-L222.2 mostly found in north africa and lost its trace in its place of origin saudi arabia ??

Hi everybody on board.

I am from Morocco Casablanca city in the centre.

My paternal grand father was born in North east of the country in a bedouin arab hilali tribe called "مهاية" "Mhaya".

His brother was always talking about their tribal origin that he and some old historical papers claim to be from Central-West saudi arabia in Nejd desert .

Currently there is a DNA project for this Hilali lineage and it is labeling its paternal haplogroup as J-L222.2 , a subclade of J-P58.

So my question is :

Is this Hilali haplogoup J-L222.2 mostly found in north africa and lost its trace in its place of origin saudi arabia ??

L222 is not limited to the Hilali tribe, it is widespread among the Adnani tribes in Saudi Arabia.

This thread has been viewed 2370 times.

Back