G25 G25 Central, Eastern and South Eastern Europe Iron Age Calculator

Jovialis’ model G25 ancient samples as sources. Modern Vahaduo G25 scaled samples, as target. Iberians with fit < 0.0300 that obtained Iberomaurisians >=5.0

Mainland
nr5oNyp.png

Canaries
g6JaMCa.png

Me(Brazilian)
viRr638.png

Post Scriptum:

stiBJHL.png

Last edited:
^^It is actually not that much more than the Portuguese average.
Portuguese (and Galician) would be about 11% Moorish (https://www.nature.com/articles/s41467-018-08272-w) on average. The Moorish would not have been 100% Iberomaurusian though, meaning generally less than 10% of Iberomaurusian-like ancestry in modern Portuguese.

@Duarte
Try to add SSA and NA sources, in order to see how the model behaves.

^^Yes, that's true, but it could have come from other sources and that is the cumulative amounts.

Migrations during the Roman Empire, Carthage, as well as the Moors. Possibly prior as well, going into prehistory.

For Sicily and South Italy, I think it could have come predominately from the Moors. But also from perhaps from Imperial era immigration, as well as some input from Aegean Islanders during the Greek colonies, as the Roman_Greek sample shows some affinity to the Levant in it.

Portuguese (and Galician) would be about 11% Moorish (https://www.nature.com/articles/s41467-018-08272-w) on average. The Moorish would not have been 100% Iberomaurusian though, meaning generally less than 10% of Iberomaurusian-like ancestry in modern Portuguese.

@Duarte

Adding ancient samples from Marocco_EN/LN, Guanche, Cameroon, Kenya, Malawi, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, South Africa. Distance between columns = 0.25x, not to get too pulverized.

xYMi2pf.png

hPn2KzM.png

@Duarte

The Moors where initially the indigenous Maghrebine Berbers who became Arabanized.

They would have same Ydna as non-arabanized berbers

wouldn't call ANA or Siberian exotic to europe. ANA could be present since neolithic and siberian like ancestry is also present in europe for a few thousand years possibly.

Natufians did not, they had 27% according to the Lazaridis model.

Natufians are intermediate between TAF (Iberomarusian) and Levant_N on PCAs I have created. This is consistent with the Lazaridis Pre-Print. That takes a lot more than just trace amounts.

What makes the Levant unique is that they have this critical mass of ANA.

Also, I am not understanding the standard you are going by, "usual European range" we are talking about ultimate source populations, so I don't see why you're hung up on this.

i think Lazaridis modeled Natufians with 12% ANA

Its just lne of many possible models at the moment. Without new samples and methods, we don't know which one is real.

Looking forward for the samples of this pre-print to be released. As of now, those other models are based on the lack of this data.

27% Taforalt-like (Iberumaurusian) , take a look at the chart.

Taforlat was only half ANA according to Lazaridis. that would mean Natufians were something between 12-13% ANA and in modern Levantines it would be around 6%. if Lazaridis is right of course. in that new study from Patterson they modeled Anatolia neolithic as a mix of anatolian HG and levantine neolithic. there seems to be some scope of interpretation.

Taforlat was only half ANA according to Lazaridis. that would mean Natufians were something between 12-13% ANA and in modern Levantines it would be around 6%. if Lazaridis is right of course. in that new study from Patterson they modeled Anatolia neolithic as a mix of anatolian HG and levantine neolithic. there seems to be some scope of interpretation.

I made another thread based on the question, it seems that it depends on the existence of Basal Eurasians.

https://www.eupedia.com/forum/threa...al-Eurasians-or-No-Basal-Eurasians-)?p=639997

Patterson makes no mention of them in his pre-print, so maybe he is just operating with what is currently available, as no one has found basal Eurasians yet. If they do exist.

From my recollection, Marchi et al. 2021 pre-print is the study that puts forward the model without Basal Eurasians. I have linked it in the other thread.

I made another thread based on the question, it seems that it depends on the existence of Basal Eurasians.

https://www.eupedia.com/forum/threa...al-Eurasians-or-No-Basal-Eurasians-)?p=639997

Patterson makes no mention of them in his pre-print, so maybe he is just operating with what is currently available, as no one has found basal Eurasians yet. If they do exist.

From my recollection, Marchi et al. 2021 pre-print is the study that puts forward the model without Basal Eurasians. I have linked it in the other thread.

Well, we have physical phenotype continuity in the Near East, by and large, from the earlier period into Natufians. There are so far no samples at all from much of the Near East and North West Africa, especially not from areas of Egypt, Sinai, Southern Levante and Arabia, especially Yemen. Like some papers argued, the Persian Gulf and/or Southern Arabia are prime areas to look at for Basal Eurasians. If they exist, the very admixture of ANA proper into Natufians might go down to sheer trace levels, which was my point all the time. We need actual samples from the candidate regions for Basal Eurasians in pre-Natufian times. Anything else won't really solve this once and for all.

Well, we have physical phenotype continuity in the Near East, by and large, from the earlier period into Natufians. There are so far no samples at all from much of the Near East and North West Africa, especially not from areas of Egypt, Sinai, Southern Levante and Arabia, especially Yemen. Like some papers argued, the Persian Gulf and/or Southern Arabia are prime areas to look at for Basal Eurasians. If they exist, the very admixture of ANA proper into Natufians might go down to sheer trace levels, which was my point all the time. We need actual samples from the candidate regions for Basal Eurasians in pre-Natufian times. Anything else won't really solve this once and for all.

I responded in the other thread. Please do not make duplicate posts.

Adding ancient samples from Marocco_EN/LN, Guanche, Cameroon, Kenya, Malawi, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, South Africa. Distance between columns = 0.25x, not to get too pulverized.

xYMi2pf.png

hPn2KzM.png
Morocco EN is almost entirely Iberomaurusian-like, but not the Morocco LN.
Canary itself would have Iberomaurusian.

These models may be "sensible". :) When I try to isolate the Iberomaurusian component using other old components such EHG, WHG, AHG, CHG, Natufian, Iran Meso, Shum Laka 8000 ybp, Kenya Pastoral Neo etc., the Iberomaurusian % in Portuguese (modern average) becomes 3.4.
Moroccan South gets 33%; Moroccan North, 28.4%. If Portuguese do have about 11% of Moorish on average, as that paper suggests, and if the Moorish were similar to modern Moroccan, then the 3.4% seem coherent.

This thread has been viewed 27637 times.

Back