G25 Illustrative DNA vs Genoplot G25 coordinates

dances_with_weasels

Reaction score
Hello,

I got my g25 coordinates from Illustrative DNA some time ago. Recently I played around a bit with Genoplot and realized that simulated g25 coordinates that Genoplot gives you differ quite a bit from those I received from Illustrative DNA, although in theory they should match or be very similar. What gives? Is Genoplot just really bad at making those coordinates? Anyone have any similar experiences?

hi, I have been playing with the simulated plots and find big difference if I use k13 or harrappa world as base.... did you find a answer?

Illustrative DNA is much better for me, the coordinates made sense. Genoplot was not. I think it has to do with what admixture calculator was used.

Illustrative DNA is much better for me, the coordinates made sense. Genoplot was not. I think it has to do with what admixture calculator was used.

I tried with Harappaword k16 (i think) and k13 and got quite different results! I was thinking of averaging them together but the numbers are quite different. I suppose I dont actually understand what the G25 coordinates are related to so it is difficult to edit data...

I will prob pony up and pay for g25 at some point I guess...

Simulated G25 coordinates are slightly lower quality than real ones. On Vahaduo I get more nonsensical trace ethnicities with the simulated ones, but it's not a huge difference.

I used "Eurogenes K36 to Global G25 Converter (horizontal version)"

This thread has been viewed 4099 times.

Back