Examples of the classical Arabid phenotype.

real expert

Reaction score
dea59a8260ed27f1f134714e62d31160.jpg
8305152bef16169cc00990590a97936e.jpg

nas4.jpg

A royal man from Qatar

Saudi Royals
blob

5bba41a847fe5.jpeg

Royals from the Emirates who display the Arabid phenotype.

HHZayed.jpg

blob

1a978604141eefcc55e0254bd772b518.jpg

5fc6e216fcd24ae75aa9f922be7448ca_369.jpg

(Non-Royals) Peninsular Arabs with an Arabid phenotype. The "Arabid" phenotype is usually characterized by a long face, a long nose that is close to the mouth, and big wide eyes.

depositphotos_9287779-stock-photo-man-in-arab-clothing.jpg
stock-photo-man-in-arab-clothing-450w-95074234.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

blob

blob

blob

I am not sure whether they represent the original Arab phenotype, since I often hear and read that Arabic language comes from the Levant.

All I see are cherry picked photos. Did you raid Sikeliot's stash of pictures of good looking men from the Peninsula? He has a great collection from the Levant too who are not at all typical for their ethnicity.

The Saudi royal family:
social

Prince Turki
saudi-king-s-brother-prince-turki-dies-1478987099-1676.jpg

These are like the diplomats of Qatar and Kuwait I saw at the U.N.
%2Fmethode%2Ftimes%2Fprodmigration%2Fweb%2Fbin%2Fda6fca10-b9ee-3dbf-ba85-0d76d6b4aab4.jpg

Kuwaiti Crown Prince
kuwaits-crown-prince-sheikh-nawaf-al-ahmed-al-sabah-is-pictured-during-the-official-launch-of-wataniya-airways-at-the-kuwaiti-airport-in-march-10-2009-file-photo-the-ruler-of-kuwait-will-dissolve-parliament-and-may-appoint-the-crown-prince-as-prime-minister-after-an-election-in-may-to-end-a-long-political-crisis-hindering-economic-reforms-lawmakers-said-on-march-18-reutersstephanie-mcgeheefiles-kuwait-politics-headshot-royals-2D1FT9R.jpg

The noblest of the Peninsular Arabs, the Emirs of Mecca, known as the Hashemites, had a completely different look
to the House of Saud, the Emirs of the Gulf States, and the pictures you posted.

Faisal.jpg

In different clothes I think he could have passed as a Southern European.
arab-royalty-pic-circa-1920s-king-faisal-i-of-iraq-the-king-of-iraq-picture-id79657878

His son, King Ghazi
portrait-de-ghazi-ier-roi-dirak-circa-1900-picture-id950006208

By the time of the grandson, the typical Saudi look, imo, was back:
22386417304.jpg

The common people have visible SSA, and in the Yemen it's even more prevalent.

Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum (on the left) & Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan (on the right):

View attachment 13103

Attachments

• SheikhAlNahyansdf.emages (2).jpg
    SheikhAlNahyansdf.emages (2).jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 67
  • SheikhZayedily3rd.jpg
    SheikhZayedily3rd.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 69
  • SheikhRashidd.f.3..jpg
    SheikhRashidd.f.3..jpg
    216 KB · Views: 67
Example of Arabid females.

Saudi:

2041550_orig.jpg

photo.jpg

4003ceee40568c9c37fb3a7ebf689d3a.jpg
blob
347225b70c73e83ac59440924ebc2084.jpg

portrait-beautiful-arabian-woman-wearing-hijab-46088942.jpg

blob

Saudi Princess

c9ab91e4cdcab091d87ee1732c2379b5.jpg

Princess-Ameerah-Al-Taweel-hot-lady-photo.jpg

princess-ameerah-maldives.jpg

depositphotos_9920130-stock-photo-her-highness-princess-ameerah-al.jpg

All I see are cherry picked photos. Did you raid Sikeliot's stash of pictures of good looking men from the Peninsula? He has a great collection from the Levant too who are not at all typical for their ethnicity.

The Saudi royal family:
social

Prince Turki
saudi-king-s-brother-prince-turki-dies-1478987099-1676.jpg

These are like the diplomats of Qatar and Kuwait I saw at the U.N.
%2Fmethode%2Ftimes%2Fprodmigration%2Fweb%2Fbin%2Fda6fca10-b9ee-3dbf-ba85-0d76d6b4aab4.jpg

Kuwaiti Crown Prince
kuwaits-crown-prince-sheikh-nawaf-al-ahmed-al-sabah-is-pictured-during-the-official-launch-of-wataniya-airways-at-the-kuwaiti-airport-in-march-10-2009-file-photo-the-ruler-of-kuwait-will-dissolve-parliament-and-may-appoint-the-crown-prince-as-prime-minister-after-an-election-in-may-to-end-a-long-political-crisis-hindering-economic-reforms-lawmakers-said-on-march-18-reutersstephanie-mcgeheefiles-kuwait-politics-headshot-royals-2D1FT9R.jpg

The noblest of the Peninsular Arabs, the Emirs of Mecca, known as the Hashemites, had a completely different look
to the House of Saud, the Emirs of the Gulf States, and the pictures you posted.

Faisal.jpg

In different clothes I think he could have passed as a Southern European.
arab-royalty-pic-circa-1920s-king-faisal-i-of-iraq-the-king-of-iraq-picture-id79657878

His son, King Ghazi
portrait-de-ghazi-ier-roi-dirak-circa-1900-picture-id950006208

By the time of the grandson, the typical Saudi look, imo, was back:
22386417304.jpg

The common people have visible SSA, and in the Yemen it's even more prevalent.

Depends. The coastal regions all over the Peninsular Arabia are heavily influenced by SSA gene flow and presence.
Some tribes, subgroups and clans are more SSA admixed and diverse than others. I never understated the SSA genetic input in Arabs anyway.

Believe it or not, I actually wanted to show all kinds of peninsular Arabs who don't look these folks, including black, biracial or Afro-American looking Arabs and the less pretty ones. However, you were too impatient and too triggered, thus spoiled my intention to systematically present the different Arab phenotype and foreign influence. In addition, I wanted to show old photographs of Bedouins from all over Arabia, but step by step and not all at once. Furthermore, my cherry-picking was for a reason, and referred to examples of the classical ARABID LOOK. Hence, it doesn't make sense to show biracial or black looking Arabs as an example for the classical Arabid phenotype. That would be an Afrocentric, misleading style. Once again, it's for a reason why my thread mentioned the term EXAMPLES. If these real, ethnic Arab folks happened to be too pretty for your taste, don't get mad at me. You are basically telling me to hide them as if they didn't exist and were not real Arabs. These so-called cherry-picked people are not MODELS, ACTORS, and I vetted their background they are real Peninsular Arabs. Besides, the Saudi Royal Dynasty has plenty of Crown princes whose mothers or grandmothers were African slave wives from the Haram of the Arab royals. The fact that many Arabs have visible SSA admixture doesn't negate what the Arabid phenotype with no visible SSA mix actually looks like.

Here's the thing, the apricity or Quora is full of the pics of Arabs which you have posted. My point was to show also other Arabs with a more classical look that do exist, for a change.

The irony is pretty much staggering. You are fine with attractive actresses, actors, and models being presented as examples of how typical Italians, Spaniards, or Greeks look, but showing attractive Arabs is not okay? Plus I also posted attractive Italians and Greeks here and never ugly ones. It seems that you somehow get triggered by good-looking Arabs. Why? Anyway, I have met and seen many Peninsular Arabs normal people that look like these people and I have seen even West African looking Arabs. Whatever, the cherry-picked folks that I have posted here are not that rare as you might think and real Arabs. The thing is I'm interested in all kinds of people including from Africa and the Middle East since I like the old School anthropology.

Dear, Angela, I'm always respectful toward you. In contrast, you not seldom behave rude and unfair toward me when you don't understand my point. Is it because I'm from Germany and you don't like Germans in particular? Sometimes I get the impression you want to misunderstand me.

I am not sure whether they represent the original Arab phenotype, since I often hear and read that Arabic language comes from the Levant.

Bedouin Arabs who live in certain parts of Jordan/ the Negev desert, Iraq and Syria are genetically speaking Peninsular Arab-like. And they tend also to display the mentioned facial features. I will post old pics from all over Arabia, to bring my point accross. Matter of fact, the Nabateans were referred to as Arabs by the Romans. It appears that a nomadic tribe known as the Nabateans began migrating gradually from Arabia during the sixth century BC. Over time, they abandoned their nomadic ways and settled in a number of places in southern Jordan, the Naqab desert in Palestine, and in northern Arabia. Nevertheless, what is sure is that the modern Arabs with visible SSA admixture don't represent the original Arab look.

Example of Arabid females.

Saudi:

2041550_orig.jpg

photo.jpg

4003ceee40568c9c37fb3a7ebf689d3a.jpg
blob
347225b70c73e83ac59440924ebc2084.jpg

portrait-beautiful-arabian-woman-wearing-hijab-46088942.jpg

blob

Saudi Princess

c9ab91e4cdcab091d87ee1732c2379b5.jpg

Princess-Ameerah-Al-Taweel-hot-lady-photo.jpg

princess-ameerah-maldives.jpg

depositphotos_9920130-stock-photo-her-highness-princess-ameerah-al.jpg

Middle Eastern/Near Eastern, i.e. Iranian and Turkish women with any money whatsoever, and even without, routinely get nose jobs. It's a right of passage. Jewish women almost invariably do the same; in my area it's an 18th birthday gift.

According to an Egyptian friend of mine photos are also routinely "lightened". She showed me her wedding photos and her skin was ten shades lighter. The nose was also photoshopped.

The Saudi princess whose picture you posted before her surgery and skin lightening:
e4f35abb51763df62f2e980d6d459adb.jpg

Even Queen Rania did it:
fc3ca1374e462300a3680a1cf6f56063.jpg

I have nothing to get "triggered" over except I object to people posting photoshopped or unrealistic photos. It's insulting to the ethnicity involved, implying that the way they look is objectionable and only western standards of beauty are acceptable. It's also just adding to the sense of inferiority these women feel. For Christ's sake, in India women are poisoning themselves by applying harsh bleaches to their skin. They also have nose surgery if they can afford it. Korea has one of the highest levels of plastic surgery in the world.

It's disgusting, and I'm not going to let people perpetuate it by posting pictures of women which are fake and deny their ethnicity without pointing it out.

This is not theapricity. If you want to do this nonsense go there.

Here are Old photographs of Bedouins with a Sheikh from the Arab Peninsular with Arabid phenotype. I'll post pics from Arab Bedouins from the Levant desert too.

(The white man in Arab clothing who stands next to an Arab was an English Orientalist.)
Emirates/UAE.

blob
c5X6V7J0ftzzTo1JN8qT2zrbaqe3gpC_VaVWF9kxNsM.jpg

55742e96d9947ec7ca730e64f298cdf5.jpg
R.5a376beed411607691ea4687823d8797
25d006b8e979f21dbdbf0a7990184b1a.jpg

blob
e7388b9b668f72134f588ebb199f7c13.jpg

blob

Middle Eastern/Near Eastern, i.e. Iranian and Turkish women with any money whatsoever, and even without, routinely get nose jobs. It's a right of passage. Jewish women almost invariably do the same; in my area it's an 18th birthday gift.

According to an Egyptian friend of mine photos are also routinely "lightened". She showed me her wedding photos and her skin was ten shades lighter. The nose was also photoshopped.

The Saudi princess whose picture you posted before her surgery and skin lightening:
e4f35abb51763df62f2e980d6d459adb.jpg

Even Queen Rania did it:
fc3ca1374e462300a3680a1cf6f56063.jpg

I have nothing to get "triggered" over except I object to people posting photoshopped or unrealistic photos. It's insulting to the ethnicity involved, implying that the way they look is objectionable and only western standards of beauty are acceptable. It's also just adding to the sense of inferiority these women feel. ............
It's disgusting, and I'm not going to let people perpetuate it by posting pictures of women which are fake and deny their ethnicity without pointing it out.

This is not theapricity. If you want to do this nonsense go there.

Calm down Angela and stop being unfair to me. Let me tell you this, I know how the plastic surgery Arab females look, and as I said I have encountered plenty of Gulf Arabs in real. Anyway, except for the Saudi Princess, the rest of the females that've posted don't have any plastic surgeries whatsoever. Here's the thing I have seen unveiled Saudi females in London, not all but a fair amount were natural and very pretty with big, wide almond eyes. With that being said, the frequency of plastic surgeries increased in the Gulf-states rather recently. For instance, the duck and puffed up lips are also getting popular among females over there. Arab women are underrated in terms of looks if you ask me. You are right though, the Saudi Princess had apparently a well-done, minor nose job and refined her nose. However, she didn't totally change her appearance. Plus she was prior to the nose job good-looking too. I have seen her on TV, CNN with no photoshop and she is really attractive and charming. Without or without the nose job she has an Indian vibe. It's true some Arab females do use lightening products, especially those with SSA admix, but many just avoid the sun like the plague and stay indoors or use light powder or make-up. Keep in mind, that there is such a thing as tanning and Arabs tan very strongly and their country is freaking hot. The Saudi Princess in your pic seems to be a bit tanned, she has likely a light brown complexion when untanned.
This is another version and moment of the picture that you've posted of her. In this pic the Saudi princess is photographed from a different ANGLE, her face is more frontal. In my opinion, her natural nose suits her face.

Ameera+al-Taweel1.jpg

The thing is that some people are photogenic, some aren't. Photos can often make you look worse than what you actually are and define your flaws. thus you can look better or worse depending on the angle, the facial expression, or moment. etc

Furthermore, the Arab males that I've presented were all-natural and representative of the classical Arabic look. However, it still bugged you seeing their faces because God forbid they're attractive. LOL. To me, they are okay-looking anyway. And please don't compare me with Sikeliot his guy was crazy and as far as I know, he was gay and I'm straight as it can get. I didn't post any pics of Queen Rania since she is Palestinian. Just saying.

When it comes to nose jobs in the Middle East Iranian females are on the top followed by Lebanese, and not that much the Saudis. When it comes to bleaching Bollywood and Indian women are on the top but Nigerians and West Africans are also notorious for bleaching their skin. In terms of total face transformation via plastic surgery, South Koreans are unmatched. So, I actually completely agree with you it's a shame and sad when people get plastic surgeries to the point where they look like a different ethnicity. By the way, do you know that Selma Hayek, the Queen of Spain that are being presented as classical beauties also underwent cosmetic surgery? I didn't.

Anyway, this how many Arab females with plastic surgeries look like.

1689917e37dfd3f1e0ce8527fea9604b.jpg
DsRI8f0X4AARvdFrtu.jpg

image1-2.jpeg

The Queen of Spain is pure plastic and over-hyped as the classical beauty.

33767e8d19da41ccdd1580131efd4b1e.jpg

f41655ddbf966aad11fb3a1f2d91982b.jpg

Selma Hayek was praised for her perfect nose.

blob
1db1069a6ef972471636766ffe325cee.jpg
17642.jpg

It's true some Arab females do use lightening products, especially those with SSA admix, but many just avoid the sun like the plague and stay indoors or use light powder or make-up. Keep in mind, that there is such a thing as tanning and Arabs tan very strongly and their country is freaking hot. The Saudi Princess in your pic seems to be a bit tanned, she has likely a light brown complexion when untanned.
I tan very easily, but the hotter the country, the less time I spend outside... often none during the day and therefore don't tan at all.
When in more mild regions, being outside a lot, I tan a lot more.
This could be her natural untanned complexion.
Where I live, tourists come to sunbathe and locals cannot understand it.
They view the sun as annoying as someone from central Europe might look at rain.
Driving from my underground garage to the underground garages of other buildings doesn't even give me a second in the sun.

Calm down Angela and stop being unfair to me. Let me tell you this, I know how the plastic surgery Arab females look, and as I said I have encountered plenty of Gulf Arabs in real. Anyway, except for the Saudi Princess, the rest of the females that've posted don't have any plastic surgeries whatsoever. Here's the thing I have seen unveiled Saudi females in London, not all but a fair amount were natural and very pretty with big, wide almond eyes. With that being said, the frequency of plastic surgeries increased in the Gulf-states rather recently. For instance, the duck and puffed up lips are also getting popular among females over there. Arab women are underrated in terms of looks if you ask me. You are right though, the Saudi Princess had apparently a well-done, minor nose job and refined her nose. However, she didn't totally change her appearance. Plus she was prior to the nose job good-looking too. I have seen her on TV, CNN with no photoshop and she is really attractive and charming. Without or without the nose job she has an Indian vibe. It's true some Arab females do use lightening products, especially those with SSA admix, but many just avoid the sun like the plague and stay indoors or use light powder or make-up. Keep in mind, that there is such a thing as tanning and Arabs tan very strongly and their country is freaking hot. The Saudi Princess in your pic seems to be a bit tanned, she has likely a light brown complexion when untanned.
This is another version and moment of the picture that you've posted of her. In this pic the Saudi princess is photographed from a different ANGLE, her face is more frontal. In my opinion, her natural nose suits her face.

Ameera+al-Taweel1.jpg

The thing is that some people are photogenic, some aren't. Photos can often make you look worse than what you actually are and define your flaws. thus you can look better or worse depending on the angle, the facial expression, or moment. etc

Furthermore, the Arab males that I've presented were all-natural and representative of the classical Arabic look. However, it still bugged you seeing their faces because God forbid they're attractive. LOL. To me, they are okay-looking anyway. And please don't compare me with Sikeliot his guy was crazy and as far as I know, he was gay and I'm straight as it can get. I didn't post any pics of Queen Rania since she is Palestinian. Just saying.

When it comes to nose jobs in the Middle East Iranian females are on the top followed by Lebanese, and not that much the Saudis. When it comes to bleaching Bollywood and Indian women are on the top but Nigerians and West Africans are also notorious for bleaching their skin. In terms of total face transformation via plastic surgery, South Koreans are unmatched. So, I actually completely agree with you it's a shame and sad when people get plastic surgeries to the point where they look like a different ethnicity. By the way, do you know that Selma Hayek, the Queen of Spain that are being presented as classical beauties also underwent cosmetic surgery? I didn't.

Anyway, this how many Arab females with plastic surgeries look like.

1689917e37dfd3f1e0ce8527fea9604b.jpg
DsRI8f0X4AARvdFrtu.jpg

image1-2.jpeg

The Queen of Spain is pure plastic and over-hyped as the classical beauty.

33767e8d19da41ccdd1580131efd4b1e.jpg

f41655ddbf966aad11fb3a1f2d91982b.jpg

Selma Hayek was praised for her perfect nose.

blob
1db1069a6ef972471636766ffe325cee.jpg
17642.jpg

First of all I posted the same Saudi princess you posted, [FONT=&quot] Princess Ameerah Al-Taweel, touted as the most beautiful woman in Saudi Arabia. I [/FONT]just posted a picture of her before her nose job and minus the bleaching. It's telling you don't even recognize her. Fwiw, she was beautiful before it, so imo there was no need to "fix" it.

Second of all, I never heard anyone praising Salma Hayak's "perfect nose"; it was her perfect breasts which drew all the attention, well deserved I must say, because they look pretty natural to me. Also, perhaps you're not aware that Salma Hayek is half Middle Eastern?

Yes, women in the west get plastic surgery, but look up the statistics as to where it's most common and which types are most common in which countries.

Finally, I sincerely doubt you know the actual names of the women you posted, given you didn't recognize the Saudi princess prior surgery. If you do, please post the link to the pictures and their names, and we'll see what they looked like when young. It's an easy thing to do if you have all this information that they never had a rhinoplasty.

I told you in one of my first responses that the Bedouin tribes have more examples of that phenotype than do the other people in the Arabian Peninsula, certainly than the many members of the Saudi Royal House or the ruling emirs of the Gulf States.

You've posted your pictures of your Bedouin. What I want to see, as I said, are the links to the Arab women you posted with their names so I can check that they indeed had no plastic surgery. If you don't know their names then there is no way you could have that information and you prevaricated.

If I don't get them I'm going to close or delete this thread.

Old photographs: Saudi Arabia.

blob

blob

1000_2fd1746c20.jpg

1000_65427bf41f.jpg
barger-5.jpg

blob

DFcppvmW0AA4C-I.jpg

cb54337a705d1f05bb6f2ae384cfa5fe.jpg

%D8%A74.PNG

First of all I posted the same Saudi princess you posted, Princess Ameerah Al-Taweel, touted as the most beautiful woman in Saudi Arabia. I just posted a picture of her before her nose job and minus the bleaching. It's telling you don't even recognize her. Fwiw, she was beautiful before it, so imo there was no need to "fix" it.

Second of all, I never heard anyone praising Salma Hayak's "perfect nose"; it was her perfect breasts which drew all the attention, well deserved I must say, because they look pretty natural to me. Also, perhaps you're not aware that Salma Hayek is half Middle Eastern?.........

I told you in one of my first responses that the Bedouin tribes have more examples of that phenotype than do the other people in the Arabian Peninsula, certainly than the many members of the Saudi Royal House or the ruling emirs of the Gulf States.

Hi Angela, since you're pretty much skeptical, absolutely not convinced about my presentation of the examples of Arabid people. I ask you politely and for the sake of the discussion to be more charitable. At least give me some room to bring my point across and show further examples. My impression is that we're talking past each other. Selma Hayek was famous and admired for her curves but her face, nose was considered "gorgeous" too, at least in Europe. Yes, she is half Lebanese but regular Mexicans often don't have super-thin noses either. Regardless of the ethnic background or skin color, there are barely females in Hollywood that weren't touched by a surgeon. And don't take it personally when I have a different take on Arabs and their looks. I have met plenty of Gulf Arabs, so I know what I'm talking about. However, I understand where you're coming from since many Gulf Arabs don't exhibit this classical Arabic look anymore. Still there are enough Arab folks there who look "classical". Many US-Americans on the internet for instance, who only see certain Italians from their neighborhood, reality shows, or movies, don't believe me when I tell them that Italians can be pale and blue-eyed too.

Furthermore, I know Princess Ameera al-Taweel and I saw her many times on TV. Your impression that I didn't recognize her is wrong. The thing is I was never fixated on her nose and didn't scan her face or "flaws". Her demeanor and charm make her appealing and not only her physical appearance, in the first place. The claim that she is the most beautiful woman in Saudi Arabia is of course exaggerated and shouldn't be taken seriously. Plus, her nose job wasn't drastic but minor. I guess the princess underwent this cosmetic procedure to be more photogenic since on TV she looks better. And it's not like Princess Ameera al-Taweel with her natural look didn't look Arab at all. If you lookup statistics about plastic surgery including rhinoplasty believe it or not Gulf states are not under the top Ten BUT rather China, Thailand, Japan, Brazil, many Western countries, etc.

Here's a clip of the princess prior to her nose job and to me, she looks very attractive.

Many US-Americans on the internet for instance, who only see certain Italians from their neighborhood, reality shows, or movies, don't believe me when I tell them that Italians can be pale and blue-eyed too.
I don't look at Italians in terms of complexion as it is close to mine. Jews come in all types of complexions, eye and hair colors as well.
Some are lighter than me. Some are darker than me.
I fail to see the significance.

I don't look at Italians in terms of complexion as it is close to mine. Jews come in all types of complexions, eye and hair colors as well.
Some are lighter than me. Some are darker than me.
I fail to see the significance.

Are you Jewish? However, many Americans have a fixed idea about how Italians look like and in their minds, Italians are only swarthy and have one look nothing else.

Are you Jewish? However, many Americans have a fixed idea about how Italians look like and in their minds, Italians are only swarthy and have one look nothing else.
I will wait for other Americans to chime in as I may be blind to what you think you see. :)

I will wait for other Americans to chime in as I may be blind to what you think you see. :)

You're not blind. :) You don't look Jewish at all. Handsome, yes, Jewish, no. :)

This thread has been viewed 10776 times.

Back