Politics Will Russia Attack Ukraine?

there seems to grow a new awareness in all European countries, but it is very, very late
if they had had this awareness before, this war would have been avoided

Of course, that's true, but things that are passed don't return, we have to look forwards and this is a good sign.

I think the Russians don't want to cut the whole Ukraine from power as of now, especially in the winter. They still don't use the most extreme means they could.

I guess Putin has no mercy, when things are not like what they have planned they are going to get even more nasty. See Grozny, see Georgia, see Syria. Putin has lost touch with reality and is going berserk.

Marco Rubio on Twitter:

"We know what #Putin?s plan was:

- air dominance in first 12 hours

- Destroy #Ukraine military comms in 36 hours

- Bypass major urban areas,cut off Eastern Army,encircle #Kyiv & get govt to flee within 48 hours

-Install puppet govt within 72 hours

He is still 0 for 4 "

=====

^^^
The last part (about puppet government) is in progress, only that it will not be installed in Kiev, but in some Eastern Ukrane town near the Russian border:

https://otvaga2004-mybb-ru.translat...2466&p=27&_x_tr_sl=ru&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=pl

^^^
See the post by Joker82 where he wrote about the plan to declare a new country - Federal Republic of Ukraine - with a Pro-Russian puppet government.

Are you really naive enough to believe that elections in Russia are legit?

Russia may ultimately prevail, but tanks running out of gas doesn't sound like good logistics, the failure to completely dominate the airspace is inexplicable, and even more inexplicable is that they haven't managed to take out communications and power in the Ukraine through cyber warfare.

Guess they needed more than 20 years, or perhaps it's all just been Potemkin houses again, and nothing they build or plan actually works.

the Ukrainians are informed about the movements and the positions of the Russian troops by America
I guess American AWACS planes are circling around in Poland or Roumenia

furthermore Ukraine probably moved some of their aircraft defence systems during the days before the Russian invasion and the Russians were not even aware of that
the Russian army doesn't seem to be as organised as we would expect and they certainly underestimated their enemy

^^Well, if it's the anti-puppet state Chechen battalion they've been fighting since 2014; so no surprise.

If it's the Chechen group which came in with the Russians, that would be news.

The death knell of Czarist Russia for me was when the troops refused to fire on the protesting sailors.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if that happened to Putin?

Germany is Gandalf apparently:

NaGPIiH.jpeg

I guess Putin has no mercy, when things are not like what they have planned they are going to get even more nasty. See Grozny, see Georgia, see Syria. Putin has lost touch with reality and is going berserk.

Ukraine is a different thing, but yes, if it goes really bad, they might use harder measures. Let's just hope he never considers a nuclear option.

As for Georgia, that was a complicated case and in Syria and Chechnya, the Russians saved those countries from hardcore Islamist maniacs, while the Western countries supplied those fanatics weapons and interfered, which they never should have done. Its even more absurd, if you consider the fact that the USA being "dedicated to fight Islamic terrorism" officially, but that's not new since Afghanistan the latest and their alliance with Saudi Arabia, that the USA actually supports the spread of radical Islamism whenever it suits them.

Just like in Donbas, in Syria they always reported in the Western media only the Sunni victims of war, while they largely ignored the much worse atrocities from the Islamists for a prolonged period of time and constantly banned channels of information which reported those atrocities. I remember very well that I knew what "the rebels" in Syria were doing more than a year before anybody in the mainstream Western media reported it. Now they banned most of these channels of free information and people still make Russia the bad guy in Syria, which is blatantly absurd, especially for any Western nation.

Ukraine is another thing, but its also clear that we deal with disinformation from both sides, because the negotiations before the escalation were supposed to fail.

It is happening, Commodus the Merciful is now threatening us with nuclear weapons:

https://twitter.com/LukaszBok/statu...tAs_b4pbtALxyX01pn6r9OvkKbhmrBaw1o9bdWFgH2yCk

All it takes is one Russian Maximus with a pistol to shoot this madman in the head.

yes, that was what I was afraid of

Nato should have warned Putin on beforehand, that Nato will intervene in case he uses/threatens with 'tactical nuclear weapons'

but again, if they wait to do so, it will be to late

It is happening, Commodus the Merciful is now threatening us with nuclear weapons:

That's what I'm really afraid of, because I don't think Putin will just go without a fight, and he becomes more and more unpredictable. That's also why I said the Russians and Ukrainians need to get back to the table, and negotiate with good will, not like in the last years with all that useless provocations which just led to this catastrophe. Just one wrong step and we might get much more than just an Ukrainian war which is still limited and rather merciful for that kind of conflict. It might get way worse wtihin days if people don't watch out carefully.
I think many people talking just about some casualties here and there don't realise how threatening the situation really is, not just for the Ukraine. To escalate the conventional war to the maximum is definitely nothing anybody should want, unless he wants to approach a situation in which a nuclear war might become a very real threat.

Let's just hope he never considers a nuclear option.

He just put in the state of readiness his nuclear deterrent forces, according to that Tweet.

That's also why I said the Russians and Ukrainians need to get back to the table, and negotiate with good will

Not as long as Putin is alive - you can't negotiate with a genocidal madman.

Not as long as Putin is alive - you can't negotiate with a genocidal madman.

They have to and so far he is not mad nor being genocidal, let's hope it stays that way and he doesn't get out of his mind if losing the conventional war. He is a fairly rational man, but one which can't lose, that's the most dangerous part about the whole situation.

Not "state of readiness" but "high alert" - quote:

"Vladimir Putin puts nuclear deterrent forces on high alert over Nato's 'unfriendly' sanctions"

They have to and so far he is not mad nor being genocidal, let's hope it stays that way and he doesn't get out of his mind if losing the conventional war. He is a fairly rational man, but one which can't lose, that's the most dangerous part about the whole situation.

In case if Putin decides to push the button, I'm sure the West could nuke Russia out of existence while suffering minimal casualties.

The West has technology which allows to intercept enemy nuclear missiles on the ground or in the air, before they hit their targets.

Poland has this anti-missile shield too.

This thread has been viewed 304774 times.

Back