Politics Will Russia Attack Ukraine?

Ukrainian woman drives a car and while driving throws a Molotov cocktail into a Russian vehicle, setting it on fire:

https://twitter.com/GirkinGirkin/status/1498361635605561348

(let's hope nothing happened to her - BTW, I told you that Ukrainians are like the Japanese, Samurai mentality)

=====

More videos:

Destroyed Russian column - https://mobile.twitter.com/GirkinGi...s.com/2021/09/09/7623/comment-page-5/comments

Another destroyed column - https://mobile.twitter.com/GirkinGi...s.com/2021/09/09/7623/comment-page-5/comments

Civilians of Berdyansk (which is under Russian occupation) tell Russian soldiers to go away:

https://t.me/milinfolive/77367

Russian soldiers after running out fuel, turn from mechanized infantry into normal infantry:

https://2ch.hk/wm/src/3838459/16460614489370.mp4

So you think there was a massive migration of Slavic people from Kiev to Moscow, and they are ancestors of modern Russians?

If Ukraine was inhabited by Russian people, then where did the current Ukrainians come from? Perhaps from Alpha Centauri?

In actuality, how could it matter? The Scandinavians and certainly at least the Northern Germans are extremely similar, perhaps one could say one group (the Scandinavians) formed the Germans. Would that give the Germans today the right to invade the Scandinavian countries?

There are like always lumpers and splitters, but Germans were always one nation, but before the unification just in different states. There is some diversity everywhere, even within the smaller units of e.g. Bavaria are big cultural, dialectal and even genetic differences. So what, if what unites is more than what splits. People in Germany used to "Deutsch" quite specifically for people of the same ethnicity. I did read it in many Medieval sources and people knew perfectly well whether someone was German or not, usually.
The main problem of the Ukrainians, to come back to that topic, is that they were split at various times from the Russians, which gave them their own trajectory. Similar to first Dutch, then Swiss, latest Austrians and Southern Tyrolese in the German case. For the Ukrainians, Bolshevism/Stalinism was one very big moment of their more recent history. This was something which was never forgotten, which is in itself a tragedy, if you think about the fact that these were crimes done by non-Russians in charge of the Russian state, not even by actual ethnic Russians. But like so often in such cases, once it happened, it can't be made undone and casts a big shadow on everything that follows.

Yes, they were just following orders. Lots of that going around in those decades. Doesn't matter. The people on the ground, whom the Ukrainians encountered, were Russians.

I must say that's a novel way of excusing the conduct of the U.S.S.R.: a handful of guys at the very top weren't ethnic Russians.

Oh, and btw, ethnic Russians withing the borders of Ukraine also don't seem to want to be annexed by Russia, which Russia solemnly promised not to do, btw.

And before that you were someone else. How many accounts, how many nationality claims have you made? Don't bother to answer. That's a rhetorical question.

You may not have heard this before, but once you catch people lying, all trust about anything they say goes out the window.

I resent this shoddy treatment at your hands. One night last spring, when I was drunk on red wine, I got into a rather heated argument with Jovialis over the vaxx. I thought I was banned. But in fact I was not banned. I was merely having difficulty logging-in on this site, which remains a perpetual headache. In the meantime I got a new laptop, for reasons entirely unrelated to Eupedia, and one day I decided to check out the site again. I told myself that I would stick to "silently" reading threads on population genetics, threads to which I have only rarely been in a position to contribute to, and I would steer clear of the vaxx and any other political issues.

However, when I see intelligent people like you going along with the mindless anti-Russia propaganda, I cannot resist the impulse to intervene and talk simple geopolitical sense.

But I have never "lied" or done any other such petty thing on this site. When Jovialis asked me if I was Dominique_Nuit, I acknowledged as much straightaway. I was never a significant contributor here, so why would I have announced this fact if not asked? "Heed all Eupedia, near & far, the great Dominique_Nuit has returned!!!" I was surprised he remembered me.

Frankly, I think it is really sick & twisted of you to accuse me of any dishonorable conduct.

As for this grand theory that Germany and Russia are natural allies, I'd say they're natural enemies for control of Europe. That's certainly been the case throughout history and I would bet both countries are quite aware of it.

Politics are now conducted on a global scale. Therefore, Germany and Russia are today natural allies. We have graduated from an intra-Europe theater to a global theater.

Especially after the events of the last month why on earth would any German head of state ally with Russia? Why would they ever trust any Russian ruler's promises or treaties.

Let's see what happens when Europe starts to feel the pain of Russian measures against it. Wait until they feel the crunch of skyrocketing energy & food costs. That will drive the basic truth of their dependency on Russia home to them. I expect that the German business class is not at all happy with the anti-Russia policy its leaders have adopted this past week.

I'm sure you don't like to have it pointed out, and you never address it, but in 1994 Russia solemnly promised in a treaty that in exchange for Ukraine giving up its nuclear weapons it, along with the U.S. and the U.K. GUARANTEED UKRAINE'S SOVREIGNTY. Whatever happened to that promise? If I were a Ukrainian I'd be pissed as hell at both the U.K and the U.K. for not coming to its aid more quickly.

Maybe one should not make promises (or threats) that one cannot keep. Or make conflicting promises, one promise to Russia, another to Ukraine.

Have you ever heard the term cognitive dissonance.

After praising the German policy of seeking through trade and closer ties to Russia a gradual change in Russia itself you write this? You have got to be kidding!

"To the extent it was not determined by the duplicity of certain elite groups, our policy toward China post-1989 was a reflection of the sheer naivete of our elites, their foolish notion that a liberal trading order would lead by certain benign laws of history to the relaxed & friendly comity of liberal democratic states, a world without military competition, spiritual tension or strife. Too foolish for me to waste words on."

Have you ever heard the phrase, "you can't have your cake and eat it too"?

Serious people set priorities.

Zelensky was an actor and a comedian before, while Putin was a spy. But Putin also has a good sense of humor and acting skills.

He was also an enforcer of the brutal rules of a Communist dictatorship. I'll take the professional comic and actor.

At least, also, he's in the middle of his troops. Putin is so fond of having pictures of himself taken with his shirt off. Get out there Putin; lead your troops into battle for the glory of greater Russia, be damned what the people themself think.

What our great statesmen seem not to realize is that by taking Russia off of SWIFT, they are accelerating the development of alternative exchange mechanisms to the US dollar.

Now if the dollar loses its status as global reserve currency, the US will find it exceedingly difficult -- among many, many other things -- to finance its military. And this at a time when we will be competing against the combined resources of China + Russia.

Sounds to me like a losing hand.

And a very different financial scenario than the US arms race against USSR.

Again, we need a fundamental re-think of our entire foreign policy. If Russia were a third pole of power, allied with Europe, it could constrain China from the north and deny China strategic depth.

The bipolar order that is now emerging will favor China + Russia over the US. This will be painfully apparent should the dollar collapse as a result of the SWIFT shenanigans, which will cause Russia short-term pain, and the US long-term calamity.

Malaparte: There are some internal inconsistencies in your post above. I already in some post I wrote above been on record of the entire free trade agenda with states like China and Russia thinking they will change. They will not. Neither has a history of free elections, freedom of the press, nothing of the sort. Maybe a new generation of Russians will stay committed to what Gorbachev and Yeltsin started (he was not perfect)
but under Putin, that did not happen. End of discussion on that point from my perspective.

The Zero hedge article linked earlier is interesting. Other news agencies are also reporting that some sort of Chinese/Russian Swift system could occur and even under the current sanctions, the Yuan is not covered, so the Russians can still get payments on goods where the Yuan is the currency used for the transaction. But Malaparte, I have already noted Russia under Putin has been yes selling Oil and gas to Europe, but also doing the same thing to China. It has 12% of the Asia-Pacific energy market. Russia's other major commodity that it sells is totally dependent on Asian, and some African markets.

Very detailed article on Russia's grain exports and where the markets are. Obviously, the USA and Europe does not need Russian wheat and grain.

https://www.rbth.com/business/332948-russia-leading-wheat-exporter

So Russia, which sits on both Europe and Asia, is actually already integrated with Asian economies more than European. China, because of it sees the USA as its largest geopolitical threat, has worked with Russia to counter the USA. That has been going on for years. They have tended to abstain in every UN security council vote when Russia has moved on territory. On any international issue, that involves the USA, China and Russia have been tied at the hip since Putin took over 22 years ago. Economically and diplomatically, Russia has chosen to ally with China. And for the record, China and Russia have always since the 1950's been in some sort of informal alliance, not formal like NATO, to counter the USA.

As I noted earlier, Russia had a chance with Gorbachev and Yeltsin, even though he was not perfect, he did move to market reforms on the economy, but Russians never stayed with those reforms. The Former Soviet block countries in the East all took their medicine and transitioned to free elections, freedom of the press, private property, and some basic form of countries with democratic norms, that work for those countries and fit in within what the USA, UK, etc see as countries that are not military threats to their neighbors. FYI, I am not a fan of the unelected EU politicians imposing their views on every issue into sovereign European countries. The UK has clearly demonstrated it is a reliable NATO ally, trading partner and diplomatic ally to the USA, NATO and EU members without being in the EU, which in my view moved from a economic and free and fair trade union to a political one that imposes NGO and UN type liberalism, not classical liberalism, on to EU members.

So you might be correct, their may end up being 2 market systems and banking systems for world markets, One based on the US $ with SWIFT and European countries, and I would assume Japan is not going to go with the Chinese, neither or the South Koreans, and most certainty not the Australians and New Zealanders. The other one will be based on the Yuan and controlled by the Chinese working with the Russians. Where India goes in this, not sure, they have traditionally been on very, very, bad terms with the Chinese but good terms with the Russians since they, like the Chinese, rely heavily on Russian energy for their economy and they just announced a large bi-lateral trade deal with an estimated $30 Billion. So India is in a delicate situation. If I were a foreign policy advisor in the US government, I would be working to get better relations with India given their dislike of the Chinese (evidenced by numerous border clashes with China).

But if that occurs, that might be among the things that come out of this for the better (no War is a good thing). 1) NATO is re-configured and all member states share in the $$$ of that shared defense commitment, 2) breaking dependence on Russian Oil and Gas, seems there is already a move in Europe in some countries to do just that, and 3) 2 clear market and banking systems that the countries of the world can choose to align with and do business with. Those that want to go with China, as my old Grandfather use to say, leave and don't let the door hit you in a**, those that want to stay with the system used by the USA and Europeans based on the $.

Russia seems like it has already chosen, or more so, it never chose not to leave its informal alliance with China.

Cheers.

Malaparte: There are some internal inconsistencies in your post above. I already in some post I wrote above been on record of the entire free trade agenda with states like China and Russia thinking they will change. They will not. Neither has a history of free elections, freedom of the press, nothing of the sort. Maybe a new generation of Russians will stay committed to what Gorbachev and Yeltsin started (he was not perfect)
but under Putin, that did not happen. End of discussion on that point from my perspective.

This is Malaparte. I am replying as Dominique_Nuit only to demonstrate that I was never banned. I was simply unable to log-in on my old computer, and mistakenly concluded I was banned (due to drunken words over the vaxx controversy). Logging-in to Eupedia has never been an easy thing. After this post, I shall revert to using the tag Malaparte to avoid confusion.

The record shows that Putin wanted to join the EU and NATO in the early 2000s. He was rebuffed. He drew the logical conclusion that NATO was aimed against Russia, even though Russia was no longer Soviet. (And the irony is lost on everyone that the US is much more like the Soviet Union today than Russia is.)

This recent Guardian article, despite its infantile anti-Putin slant, admits as much =

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...-wanted-to-join-alliance-early-on-in-his-rule

The Zero hedge article linked earlier is interesting. Other news agencies are also reporting that some sort of Chinese/Russian Swift system could occur and even under the current sanctions, the Yuan is not covered, so the Russians can still get payments on goods where the Yuan is the currency used for the transaction. But Malaparte, I have already noted Russia under Putin has been yes selling Oil and gas to Europe, but also doing the same thing to China. It has 12% of the Asia-Pacific energy market. Russia's other major commodity that it sells is totally dependent on Asian, and some African markets.

It was perfectly foreseeable that Russia would integrate with China when we excluded it from Europe. What else did we expect Russia to do? Actions have consequences. And since 2014, Russia has been shoring up its position in preparation for this moment.

Very detailed article on Russia's grain exports and where the markets are. Obviously, the USA and Europe does not need Russian
wheat and grain.

https://www.rbth.com/business/332948-russia-leading-wheat-exporter.

I may have overstated Europe's dependence on Russian agriculture, in which case I concede you the point. However, Russian minerals are key to many fertilizers, etcetera. There will still be an effect on prices. But again, I concede the larger point on grain supplies.

So Russia, which sits on both Europe and Asia, is actually already integrated with Asian economies more than European. China, because of it sees the USA as its largest geopolitical threat, has worked with Russia to counter the USA. That has been going on for years. They have tended to abstain in every UN security council vote when Russia has moved on territory. On any international issue, that involves the USA, China and Russia have been tied at the hip since Putin took over 22 years ago. Economically and diplomatically, Russia has chosen to ally with China. And for the record, China and Russia have always since the 1950's been in some sort of informal alliance, not formal like NATO, to counter the USA.

I would suggest that Sino-Russian cooperation did not become a reality until post-2007, and then it became ever more true post-2014

As I noted earlier, Russia had a chance with Gorbachev and Yeltsin, even though he was not perfect, he did move to market reforms on the economy, but Russians never stayed with those reforms. The Former Soviet block countries in the East all took their medicine and transitioned to free elections, freedom of the press, private property, and some basic form of countries with democratic norms, that work for those countries and fit in within what the USA, UK, etc see as countries that are not military threats to their neighbors. FYI, I am not a fan of the unelected EU politicians imposing their views on every issue into sovereign European countries. The UK has clearly demonstrated it is a reliable NATO ally, trading partner and diplomatic ally to the USA, NATO and EU members without being in the EU, which in my view moved from a economic and free and fair trade union to a political one that imposes NGO and UN type liberalism, not classical liberalism, on to EU members.

All this talk of "liberal reform" means nothing to me. It is superficial. The true bonds that join nations together are much deeper. Like a Russian doll, the outer doll is economic ties, next cultural & historical ties, and so forth.

So you might be correct, their may end up being 2 market systems and banking systems for world markets, One based on the US $ with SWIFT and European countries, and I would assume Japan is not going to go with the Chinese, neither or the South Koreans, and most certainty not the Australians and New Zealanders. The other one will be based on the Yuan and controlled by the Chinese working with the Russians. Where India goes in this, not sure, they have traditionally been on very, very, bad terms with the Chinese but good terms with the Russians since they, like the Chinese, rely heavily on Russian energy for their economy and they just announced a large bi-lateral trade deal with an estimated $30 Billion. So India is in a delicate situation. If I were a foreign policy advisor in the US government, I would be working to get better relations with India given their dislike of the Chinese (evidenced by numerous border clashes with China).

I in no way regret the collapse of globalism. The US needs to to cease being a rentier economy and go back to building things. Even as a spiritual proposition alone, it will do wonders for the people. But I fear the transition shall be very painful & fraught with danger.

But if that occurs, that might be among the things that come out of this for the better (no War is a good thing). 1) NATO is re-configured and all member states share in the $$$ of that shared defense commitment, 2) breaking dependence on Russian Oil and Gas, seems there is already a move in Europe in some countries to do just that, and 3) 2 clear market and banking systems that the countries of the world can choose to align with and do business with. Those that want to go with China, as my old Grandfather use to say, leave and don't let the door hit you in a**, those that want to stay with the system used by the USA and Europeans based on the $.

You are advocating a bipolar order. I prefer a multipolar order, with Russia joined with Carolingian Europe rather than China.

Russia seems like it has already chosen, or more so, it never chose not to leave its informal alliance with China.

Cheers.[/QUOTE]

Malaparte: I am not advocating anything in reality. I am just saying based on that zero hedge article that was linked (which I read through carefully), that may be where it ends up. One trading, banking system based on the USD$ with USA, Europe and Asia-Pacific countries that have free elections and one that is more tied to China and Russia with the Yuan.

Cheers.
[/QUOTE]

This last bit is Palermo's words, not mine. Apologies for the sloppy editing.

One trading, banking system based on the USD$ with USA, Europe and Asia-Pacific countries that have free elections and one that is more tied to China and Russia with the Yuan.

What will happen when Russia refuses to sell Europe oil or gas denominated in dollars?

Malaparte: I am not advocating anything in reality. I am just saying based on that zero hedge article that was linked (which I read through carefully), that may be where it ends up. One trading, banking system based on the USD$ with USA, Europe and Asia-Pacific countries that have free elections and one that is more tied to China and Russia with the Yuan.

I would also say that this is now the US policy, to create a bipolar order. This is why the US is so desperately seeking to divide Europe from Russia, to make everybody choose sides. But this is foolish. First, the Russia-China block is far more formidable than the old Soviet block. Second, the US is a far weaker nation than during the Cold War. It is internally divided and has lost much of its industrial capacity. Third, the Europeans, and especially the Germans, will eventually leave the US camp if we force them to side against Russia.

The solution is to peel Russia away from China. Instead, we are trying to crush Russia economically. This strategy is destined to fail.

What will happen when Russia refuses to sell Europe oil or gas denominated in dollars?

I don't know, but the reality is the rubble already is worth 1 cent. So if you took an economics class, I think this will make sense, the Direct Exchange rate is 1 US cent to 1 Rubble. The Rubble is already collapsing which is going to cause major inflation on the Russian home front. As of right now Russian Oil and Gas are being allowed through swift as well as the Grain sells given that would impact mostly poorer Asian countries.

Just because Russia wanted to get into NATO under Putin does not mean they should have been let in. To get in NATO, there are clear benchmarks on allowing opposition parties, freedom of the press, independent judiciaries, etc, that a country needs to have before they can enter. Russia under Putin never came close to those and in fact, as soon as he took over, many of the reforms started by Gorbachev and Yeltsin were curbed. He staffed to many positions with members of the KGB from the start and immediately curbed free press and censored the then early growing internet (i.e. he was more of a retrograde than reformer, in my view).

Right now nobody is talking about it but there are reasons Ukraine was not yet ready to be admitted into NATO, they are a country committed to free elections but there still are some benchmarks they apparently have not hit from them to get enough votes to be let in.

I would also say that this is now the US policy, to create a bipolar order. This is why the US is so desperately seeking to divide Europe from Russia, to make everybody choose sides. But this is foolish. First, the Russia-China block is far more formidable than the old Soviet block. Second, the US is a far weaker nation than during the Cold War. It is internally divided and has lost much of its industrial capacity. Third, the Europeans, and especially the Germans, will eventually leave the US camp if we force them to side against Russia.

The solution is to peel Russia away from China. Instead, we are trying to crush Russia economically. This strategy is destined to fail.

And what I am saying that the informal alliance between China and Russia, except for a short time between 1989 and 2000, when Putin took over, never left. Under Putin, China and Russia's informal alliance has only strengthened. If the Russians want to come into the Sphere with the USA and Europe, then the Oligarchs, Military, Intellectuals in Science and Technology who do his Cyber hacking need to get rid of him and go back to the reforms started with Gorbachev. I don't see that happening with Putin, sorry, that is the way I see it.

It's not from Schimtt but from:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halford_Mackinder

That's the point our roads divide. When this becomes (again) the dominant line of the US I have more trust in a Pax Germania (by Scholz).

In intellectual history, one can always find precedents.

But I would point you toward (1) Land & Sea --- http://www.telospress.com/store/Land-and-Sea-A-World-Historical-Meditation-paperback-p55571962

and (2) Nomos of the Earth --> http://www.telospress.com/store/The-Nomos-of-the-Earth-paperback-p17898060

What our great statesmen seem not to realize is that by taking Russia off of SWIFT, they are accelerating the development of alternative exchange mechanisms to the US dollar.

Now if the dollar loses its status as global reserve currency, the US will find it exceedingly difficult -- among many, many other things -- to finance its military. And this at a time when we will be competing against the combined resources of China + Russia.

Sounds to me like a losing hand.

And a very different financial scenario than the US arms race against USSR.

Again, we need a fundamental re-think of our entire foreign policy. If Russia were a third pole of power, allied with Europe, it could constrain China from the north and deny China strategic depth.

The bipolar order that is now emerging will favor China + Russia over the US. This will be painfully apparent should the dollar collapse as a result of the SWIFT shenanigans, which will cause Russia short-term pain, and the US long-term calamity.

Extremely well played. Leaving the infrastructure intact. I agree short term will be rough, however they will have to decouple sooner or later. Politicians can't maintain artificial low interest rates forever, and expect to keep borrowing on the world market forever, kind of like the scene from Dumb and Dumber where they pull out all the IOU's.
BTW Remember everybody getting worked up about Wuhan and Covid. All the mandated shutdowns, mandated vaccines QR passports, people losing their jobs. What are the chances 3 trillion to 1 that a patented segment from 2017+/- is in the virus that came from bats?

I don't know, but the reality is the rubble already is worth 1 cent. So if you took an economics class, I think this will make sense, the Direct Exchange rate is 1 US cent to 1 Rubble. The Rubble is already collapsing which is going to cause major inflation on the Russian home front. As of right now Russian Oil and Gas are being allowed through swift as well as the Grain sells given that would impact mostly poorer Asian countries.

The collapse on the ruble was to be expected. Russia will prove very resilient. It is self-sufficient both in terms of energy and agriculture. Consumer goods it will be able to import from China and other non-Western countries. Russian elites will simply have to make do without French wine or Italian shoes.

Just because Russia wanted to get into NATO under Putin does not mean they should have been let in. To get in NATO, there are clear benchmarks on allowing opposition parties, freedom of the press, independent judiciaries, etc, that a country needs to have before they can enter.

You are reciting the liberal dogma. Does anybody really believe it?

Right now nobody is talking about it but there are reasons Ukraine was not yet ready to be admitted into NATO, they are a country committed to free elections but there still are some benchmarks they apparently have not hit from them to get enough votes to be let in.

All of these "benchmarks." Sheer Western arrogance. Guess what folks, it's time to get real. Drop the pretense. Live in truth.

I guess not German was for the first time used by the Romans. This disappeared more or less until late middle ages. And reused by the literati later on.

Dutch or Deutsch (which are as nations different!) are derrived from *teuta or folk/people.

https://www.etymonline.com/word/Dutch?ref=etymonline_crossreference

Nation(building) is something modern and not ancient. Proposing something ancient is projecting. As said it's not 'given', it is 'made' a construct that's the crux.

It's still Duitsland in Dutch or Deutschland in German.
Germany, Germania are other languages.
But in French it is Allemagne, refering to the Allemani, a Germanic tribe taht settled east of the Frankish empire in the very early middle ages.

^^^
Yes that is also a good comparison.

=====

More of scrap metal supplies, abandoned Russian self-propelled artillery piece:

https://twitter.com/_tredecim_/status/1498312094894206980

And here a massive Russian convoy 17 miles long, easy target, probably soon will be destroyed by drones etc.:

https://twitter.com/ckoettl/status/...&ref_url=https://pulsembed.eu/p2em/4a85InTgk/

sJkmzRj.jpg

Can you tell me more about those anti-tank drones?
I think a drone is not a stable enough platform to launch anti-tank rockets from.
But I can be wrong.

There are still Ukrainien fighter planes in the air though.
Russia has not eliminated them all yet.

And what I am saying that the informal alliance between China and Russia, except for a short time between 1989 and 2000, when Putin took over, never left. Under Putin, China and Russia's informal alliance has only strengthened. If the Russians want to come into the Sphere with the USA and Europe, then the Oligarchs, Military, Intellectuals in Science and Technology who do his Cyber hacking need to get rid of him and go back to the reforms started with Gorbachev. I don't see that happening with Putin, sorry, that is the way I see it.

First, you appear to have forgotten about Nixon's trip to China. Back then, the US had competent leaders. We peeled China away from Russia. Post-1989, and certainly in this century, China has been the #1 adversary. Accordingly the simple logic: Peel Russia away from China. There is nothing complicated about this.

Second, all this talk of removing so-called dictators -- remove Saddam! remove Assad! remove Gadaffi! remove Putin! -- is a very bad intellectual habit that took root in the 1990s, during the unipolar moment. It is no way to conduct diplomacy or make policy.

Putin has the support of the entire Russian state. This is a fact. Deal with it.

The collapse on the ruble was to be expected. Russia will prove very resilient. It is self-sufficient both in terms of energy and agriculture. Consumer goods it will be able to import from China and other non-Western countries. Russian elites will simply have to make do without French wine or Italian shoes.

You are reciting the liberal dogma. Does anybody really believe it?

All of these "benchmarks." Sheer Western arrogance. Guess what folks, it's time to get real. Drop the pretense. Live in truth.

Malaparte: Nothing liberal, if by that you mean aligned to the modern DEM party in the USA, about me. But Putin curbing freedom of the press is one thing is non-negotiable for me. I am all for more and more different press organizations. The liberals hate Fox news and conservative talk radio (i.e. like the late Rush Limbaugh), the Wall street Journal editorial page (which is right of center), the conservatives hate CNN, MSNBC and the legacy print media (NYT, WAPO). I am for all media and I think I am smart enough to figure out what is legit and what is BS. But Putin's retrograde signs were present the moment he took power. Cracking down on the press at the same time asking for NATO membership are are not things that are aligned.

This thread has been viewed 304404 times.

Back