Politics Will Russia Attack Ukraine?

Well I don't want to get labeled as a Bernie supporter :D I just want to show that populism is the death of Democracy and the lesson should be for the politicians and oligarchs to recognize you have to take care of the little guy because if you don't sooner or later populism will take hold...

Andrew Jackson was one of the first "populist", and was in office from March 4, 1829 – March 4, 1837; the American Republic has been intact since.

"Populism" is not always right-wing, William Bryant Jennings was a populist candidate, who was very influential in the US, and he was left-wing.

Sometimes the media just creates these "bad words" out of regular terms.

Well I don't want to side track too much but in my mind populism arises when you have a rise in wealth inequality and you create a distinct class of haves and have nots, the have nots are going to look for someone to represent them now I agree Jackson was a populist choice, and the Republic held. The problem is when you elect someone who has no regard for upholding the institution and begins to dismantle the Republic from within by installing loyalist and then hunting their opposition. If the government does not allow wealth extremes I believe you can avoid creating a situation where populism begins to rise whether from left or right...

Well I don't want to side track too much but in my mind populism arises when you have a rise in wealth inequality and you create a distinct class of haves and have nots, the have nots are going to look for someone to represent them now I agree Jackson was a populist choice, and the Republic held. The problem is when you elect someone who has no regard for upholding the institution and begins to dismantle the Republic from within by installing loyalist and then hunting their opposition. If the government does not allow wealth extremes I believe you can avoid creating a situation where populism begins to rise whether from left or right...

That's not what populism is though. That's unbridled capitalism, and cronyism.

Andrew Jackson was one of the first "populist", and was in office from March 4, 1829 – March 4, 1837; the American Republic has been intact since.

"Populism" is not always right-wing, William Bryant Jennings was a populist candidate, who was very influential in the US, and he was left-wing.

That's completely true, left or right populisme they share the frame of THE people (populis) against THE elite.

About the connection between 'populism' the Kremlin and the fare right and the key link:

https://www.resetdoc.org/story/illiberal-far-right-aleksandr-dugin-conversation/

Last edited:
Well how is that different from the platform of Joe Biden? The Democrats are supposed to be for the little guy.

Whether right or left you got to do more than have a platform for the little guy :LOL: As Northerner mentioned the populist message is the people vs the elites, and that's where we are at in America, Trump and the Republicans understand this they are now branding themselves as the people against the liberal elites. The Left had Bernie Sanders who echoed the same from the Left us vs the Capitalist Elites. Joe is still trying to hold to a centrist message of we can work together to help the little guy he's not echoing echoing Bernie Sanders message and blaming the right, but again I don't think enough Republican voters are willing to return to the center I think most of them have it out for the "liberal" elites...That's what the Biden administration was hoping for I think they are failing at it...

What's clear to me at this stage is that the Republicans in our House and Senate have no desire to have their party go back towards the center they could work more with Joe but are not and by doing so have shown they prefer the populist control which mind boggles me :unsure: they are risking inviting more crazy into their party...

every politician is a populist, and more today so than in the past

some may start their carreer as an ideologist but rather soon than late they all end up as being a marketing product for their voters

Whether right or left you got to do more than have a platform for the little guy :LOL: As Northerner mentioned the populist message is the people vs the elites, and that's where we are at in America, Trump and the Republicans understand this they are now branding themselves as the people against the liberal elites. The Left had Bernie Sanders who echoed the same from the Left us vs the Capitalist Elites. Joe is still trying to hold to a centrist message of we can work together to help the little guy he's not echoing echoing Bernie Sanders message and blaming the right, but again I don't think enough Republican voters are willing to return to the center I think most of them have it out for the "liberal" elites...That's what the Biden administration was hoping for I think they are failing at it...

What's clear to me at this stage is that the Republicans in our House and Senate have no desire to have their party go back towards the center they could work more with Joe but are not and by doing so have shown they prefer the populist control which mind boggles me :unsure: they are risking inviting more crazy into their party...

You seem to struggle with terms, "you need to have more than a platform", no kidding. Joe Biden talks out of both sides of his mouth. He's an opportunitist, crying about a fake issue of white supremacist terrorism.

Maybe he is a centrist in the fact that he speaks like a far-left extremist, but his actions are really to protect global trade system so world elites can continue to make money, while paying lip service to people with woke rethoric.

I agree the labels are divisive politicians should just concentrate on cracking down on violent individuals and organizations whether white, black, red or yellow...

And you are right on the lip service that's why the parties are both failing...

I agree the labels are divisive politicians should just concentrate on cracking down on violent individuals and organizations whether white, black, red or yellow...

And you are right on the lip service that's why the parties are both failing...

Most reasonable people would agree, race should not matter, that malcontents come in all forms.

Russian nuclear arsenal is probably a Potemkin village:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Missile_gap

"There is historical precedence that Russians have previously lied about the true extent and power of their nuke arsenal. There is also historical precedence that Pentagon has bought on on the Russian lies hook and sink, so even if Pentagon believes Russians, doesn't mean that Pentagon is right. During early days of Cold War there was this happening: missile gap. Russians claimed they had several hundred nukes. It was later found out that they had about 12 or something."

Couldn't agree more, but even a tactical Nuke would be a catastrophe, as would Chernobyl blowing up again, because only someone living in a fantasy world would believe they "really" fixed everything that was wrong and that now putting God know who in charge of running it is a good idea.

Also, even one missile strike would invite retaliation. I despise Putin, and I have no great respect for the Russians, who act like servile slaves, but the majority are innocents in all this, and I don't want to see them hit in a nuclear attack. That's not to mention the devastation and human suffering caused if even one missile got through.

Apples and oranges.

If the apple is a guy who pays lipservice to minorities, while stoking racial hatred against the majority population, and really there to keep transnational corporations rich, than yeah.

Also,

in a post-Trump world, this Bernie Sanders 2015 sounds like a right-wing extremist full of racist hatred for wanting to respect the boarders of the country.

He changed his tune accordingly like a good little boy.

I don't even know anymore whether "left wing" is an accurate description for the extreme left wing in this country, the women in "The Squad" and their ilk. It's more similar to what happened in China during the "Cultural Revolution", but even crazier.

Indeed I guess the populist (either left or right) are getting it though to mark their difference with the fourth political theory of Dugin...The overlap is big.

If the apple is a guy who pays lipservice to minorities, while stoking racial hatred against the majority population, and really there to keep transnational corporations rich, than yeah.

Like I said the extremist on the right and left (which imo overlap each other) are nearly or not to differentiate from Dugin's fourth political theory.

We see everywhere in Europe that moderates (from left and right) are anti-Putinist. The party's on the extremes are even partly controlled by the Kremlin....

This thread has been viewed 304457 times.

Back