Politics Will Russia Attack Ukraine?

But Eastern Ukraine and Crimea is not "an own thing", its too Russian for that.

Right now all what matters is who has better armed forces. And it seems that Ukrainians are winning.

When the Ukrainian army counterattacks and recaptures Crimea and Donbas, these people will have to adapt and become Ukrainian patriots.

Europeans lack military strength so they will be a prey to outside military powers, however enlightened their social values may be.

Take your pick...the USA, Russia or China.

Only Britain (which rejected the EU in 2016) and France have nuclear capability.

I agree with Tomenable that the Germans need to be watched and are only behaving well because the USA is watching them.

The idea of some type of military or strategic link-up beween Poland, Czechia, Slovakia and the Baltic States including Finland is the best bet for the European heartland.

After all, Riverman, you wrote that there is no big difference between Russians and Ukrainians.

So surely it will be easy for them to become Ukrainian. Identifying with the winner is quite cool.

Everything I learned during international law of armed conflict classes at uni turned out to be false in practice.

So I no longer believe that anyone, anywhere, actually takes this seriously! All wars are very lawless and brutal.

The only thing which matters is who has more and/or stronger divisions.

Nobody also cares about the self-determination of peoples principle, it remains a dead letter of the law in practice.

^^^
Don't be delusional idealists and don't believe that we (21st century humans) are anything better than our cavemen ancestors during wartime.

however enlightened their social values may be

On a biological level, we are unfortunately still wired to be tribal. We haven't evolved as fast as our values have changed.

Believing in these enlightened social values = you are unaware of the biological reality like Dodo Birds when getting shot.

We educate children in this Dodo bubble world. Then they confront what they learned from textbooks with reality, and it's very different.

Then some swallow the sour pill and adapt to the reality, while others share the fate of the Dodo.

This can be also extrapolated from individuals to nations - some live inside of their Dodo bubbles.

We educate children in this Dodo bubble world. Then they confront what they learned from textbooks with reality, and it's very different.

Then some swallow the sour pill and adapt to the reality, while others share the fate of the Dodo.

This can be also extrapolated from individuals to nations - some live inside of their Dodo bubbles.

I think Poland, Czechia and the Baltic nations need to combine to counter the decrepitude of western Europe and the big Russian Mafia-Empire.

At least you three now admitted that peace and human rights are not your primary concern. Its anti-Russian, probably even anti-German sentiment and policy, that's all. Thank you.

Ah right, you are totally pro-war and against a diplomatic solution with Russia. Then don't talk about Russian military actions again, because they being caused by the total unwillingness of the Selenski regime to negotiate, while they attacked and persecuted Russian people and activists, attacked Donbas and wanted to expel the pro-Russian people there. You are fully on the side of a state which wants to force people under its control, no different than Russia, just without the ethnic legitimation.
That's the war you get with that reckless and aggressive behaviour, totally unnecessary. But if the regime in Kiev wants it, they should at least not drag the rest of Europe into it, because they started it themselves.

A diplomatic solution? Pardon me who invaded the Ukraine on 26-2?

The point is that Russia is meanwhile with at least plan B....(if not C or D). So nu urge to negotiate because based on which position...? So they will hammer through.

For Zelenski, who already stated that they member ship of NATO/ neutrality is negotiable, nevertheless they are in a defending position. I know your option for Zelenski would immediately be the Schuschnigg!/ Anschluss option immediately deliverance of the keys, yes mister Putin no mister Putin of course mister Putin, yes Kyiv is your cradle, the holy Lebensraum of Rus, white flag!

I'm convinced that the average Russian is beter of with Russia in his current form(no not as big as it used to be...) but with a decent living. I guess they aren't interested if the Ukraine would give a tribute to the big leader or not....That's more the exclusive lust for power of the Kremlin. Average Ivan don't give a damn. Now he has to face dead soldiers, excessive expensions to a war and an economic collaps. Donbas conquered? But moral and financial bankrupt?

And about the Donbas and who killed who, this is one big wasp sting....so not easy to blame one or another, action is reaction etc. etc.

It has changed under American pressure, but the people are the same.

As soon as American pressure disappears, the "old Germans" will return.

Have you read this "masterpiece" (written by an American Jew) before?: :unsure:

Tomenable waky waky!!! have you fallen asleep in 1922 and waked up in 2022....:LOL:

Europeans lack military strength so they will be a prey to outside military powers, however enlightened their social values may be.

Take your pick...the USA, Russia or China.

Only Britain (which rejected the EU in 2016) and France have nuclear capability.

I agree with Tomenable that the Germans need to be watched and are only behaving well because the USA is watching them.

The idea of some type of military or strategic link-up beween Poland, Czechia, Slovakia and the Baltic States including Finland is the best bet for the European heartland.

how can you be suspicious of germany and instead trust in poland?

how can you be suspicious of germany and instead trust in poland?

True in terms of trias politica, and indecent law, and the position between state and civil society nowadays Germany is much more democratic.

But old sentiments are sometimes stubborn.

Nope.

In Germany there is much less of free speech and democracy than in Poland.

Yeah, in case if you wonder why ethnic Germans dislike that Americans are watching them: :LOL:

the American system and hegemony completely corrupted Europe and made it one big nursing home. Similarly, in the economical and societal field, the Europeans take up every crap from over the Atlantic, a lot of things which are not good and healthy for the European people and make the future for our people and children dreadful, because many of them have no future in a couple of generations at all.

But that's not even the only issue, because the USA exert a lot of pressure and control on the European societies, directly (state and major international institutions) and indirectly (financial, ideological, NGO and media power)

nowadays Germany is much more democratic

Nope. If it really was then average Germans would not be afraid of saying what they really think in their own country.

And what they really think is pretty close to what average Germans thought in the 1930s.

Your "Germany has changed" statement works only as long as the freedom of speech & thought is suppressed there.

Poles can say whatever they want in Poland - and this applies to all of our political options. There is a full democracy.

Nope. If it really was then average Germans would not be afraid of saying what they really think in their own country.

And what they really think is pretty close to what average Germans thought in the 1930s.

Your "Germany has changed" statement works only as long as the freedom of speech & thought is suppressed there.

Poles can say whatever they want in Poland - and this applies to all of our political options. There is a full democracy.

In general I consider Germany and the Germanic population with a democratic mindset.

Of course because of ww2 we know in the Netherlands suspicions too....but that has really changed in the recent decennia. Anti-Germanic thought are in my country not so prominent.

In Poland the Polish AfD already rules, that is in Germany not the case.

I guess it also make difference between east and west Germany. East Germany became democratic after 1989, just like Poland. So the democratic mindset and constitutions are not so strong settled.

In Poland the Polish AfD already rules, that is in Germany not the case.

Nope, the Polish AfD is Konfederacja - not PiS. And it doesn't rule, and doesn't have majority in any voivodeship (region).

On the other hand, in Germany AfD already rules in Thuringia, Sachsen, and IIRC also in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern.

Germany is a federation, so winning locally has more meaning than in Poland (but Konfederacja didn't win in any region).

This thread has been viewed 304802 times.

Back