Can the results of a partial DNA test such as livingDNA or 23andme differ significant

Llobu

Reaction score
Hello everyone, it's a pleasure to be in this forum. A few months ago I took an ancestor test with the company LivingDNA. This type of test does not analyze 100% of the DNA or with the rigor offered by other companies such as Nebula Genomics in its intermediate pack that analyzes 100% of the DNA 30x.
The part that most interests me about these tests is the accuracy of the results of the percentages of origin in the different genetic calculators, such as the best known Dodecad K12b.
I wanted to know if someone could help me to know if it is worth doing a more complete test like the one described above to know the percentages of origin with greater accuracy.
Thank you very much.

Sorry, I posted the same thread twice, because the title is incomplete in this one. The thread will not be deleted, if you want to answer, answer in the next one that has the most correct title shortened.

Hello everyone, it's a pleasure to be in this forum. A few months ago I took an ancestor test with the company LivingDNA. This type of test does not analyze 100% of the DNA or with the rigor offered by other companies such as Nebula Genomics in its intermediate pack that analyzes 100% of the DNA 30x.
The part that most interests me about these tests is the accuracy of the results of the percentages of origin in the different genetic calculators, such as the best known Dodecad K12b.
I wanted to know if someone could help me to know if it is worth doing a more complete test like the one described above to know the percentages of origin with greater accuracy.
Thank you very much.

IMHO, at this point, I'd say WGS 30x, is the way to go. I am very satisfied with my Nebula Genomics results, because it is the most complete version of my raw DNA for autosomal analysis. It is also very good for haplogroups analysis, since they send the results to YFull.

I have experience with all of the major direct-to-consumer genotyping services. I combined all of the raw data that I received from them into a Superkit. The superkit is comparable to the raw data from Nebula, but nebula still has more coverage, and far more SNPs analyzed.

Prior to V5, 23andme had a very comprehensive analysis, but they're greatly reduced their genotype coverage in the later iterations. They basically give you about the same as LivingDNA. Which is only about 25%(!), this leaves a lot of room for imputation, which is basically a fancy word for guessing.

AncestryDNA, in my experience has the most comprehensive genotype analysis. But you will get no information on your haplogroups.

All in all, I recommend waiting for a sale from a WGS company, and just getting 30x (the "gold standard:. Anything more is overkill for our intent and purpose of ancestry analysis. Higher grades are more for medical analysis, and is very esoteric.

Thank you very much for the information, I am very grateful for the information.
Just one more question, would the Ancestry test be as accurate as the WGS X30, for the topic that interests me that I have commented on?
I already have the LivingDNA halogropes and if I'm not mistaken, Dodecad only works with autosomal DNA.
Thank you very much and greetings.

IMHO, at this point, I'd say WGS 30x, is the way to go. I am very satisfied with my Nebula Genomics results, because it is the most complete version of my raw DNA for autosomal analysis. It is also very good for haplogroups analysis, since they send the results to YFull.

I have experience with all of the major direct-to-consumer genotyping services. I combined all of the raw data that I received from them into a Superkit. The superkit is comparable to the raw data from Nebula, but nebula still has more coverage, and far more SNPs analyzed.

Prior to V5, 23andme had a very comprehensive analysis, but they're greatly reduced their genotype coverage in the later iterations. They basically give you about the same as LivingDNA. Which is only about 25%(!), this leaves a lot of room for imputation, which is basically a fancy word for guessing.

AncestryDNA, in my experience has the most comprehensive genotype analysis. But you will get no information on your haplogroups.

All in all, I recommend waiting for a sale from a WGS company, and just getting 30x (the "gold standard:. Anything more is overkill for our intent and purpose of ancestry analysis. Higher grades are more for medical analysis, and is very esoteric.

Hey Jovialis: Very informative post. My first 2 direct-to-consumer were Ancestry and NATGENO, I later got 22meV5, which as you say does not have the coverage that Ancestry does. I was able to use GEDMATCH to combine Ancestry/23Me into a superkit (unfortunately can't with NATGENO). How many different snps would LivingDNA and ftDna provide that are not already in what i have in the combined Ancestry/23andMeV5?

Thanks, been in the Ukraine and Putin forum quite a bit need to get to something different.

snp overlap among different companies' chip variants:

https://isogg.org/wiki/Autosomal_SNP_comparison_chart

Autosomal tests comparison :

https://isogg.org/wiki/Autosomal_DNA_testing_comparison_chart

LLobu, if you decide to go with WGS testing (Nebula x30 is $299 at the present) , YSEQ will extract every possible info from the giant raw files for $25 and present it in a ready to use formats (autosomal file ;Y-dna .bam and mtDNA .fasta and other stuff).

https://www.yseq.net/product_info.p...07732&osCsid=05a02b99b5488c7b80a3492e4c71604c

snp overlap among different companies' chip variants:

https://isogg.org/wiki/Autosomal_SNP_comparison_chart

Autosomal tests comparison :

https://isogg.org/wiki/Autosomal_DNA_testing_comparison_chart

LLobu, if you decide to go with WGS testing (Nebula x30 is $299 at the present) , YSEQ will extract every possible info from the giant raw files for $25 and present it in a ready to use formats (autosomal file ;Y-dna .bam and mtDNA .fasta and other stuff).

https://www.yseq.net/product_info.p...07732&osCsid=05a02b99b5488c7b80a3492e4c71604c

td120: Thanks for the link. Cheers

Very valuable information all that they have given me, very grateful. I am going to do a Nebula x30 test, then with YSEQ I will process the data and in a few months I will comment on variations with the LivingDNA percentages. Thank you all.

This thread has been viewed 2793 times.

Back