Macro-haplogroup R and her subclades

Mmiikkii

Reaction score
Ethnic group
southern EUROPEAN
Among Eurasians (whose ancestral descendants include Oceanians and Amerindians), apart from M, most people descend from branches of mitochondrial macrohaplogroup R.

1)
We don't know why that is.
Maybe they have superadvantageous mutations in their DNA that gave them special human characteristi(s) that made them flourish.
Also, it could be that they were just prominent, smart, resourceful in their conflicts/alliances, respected, feared, industrious.
All of that in the most dominant human group during the Paleolithic, at the right moment of evolutionary history.
And that allowed them to expand.

R lives virtually in every place of the world. So we can say it's clearly the most succesful haplogroup in humankind.
They are the bulk of mtDNA haplogroups among Caucasians(along with sibling N). And together with N, they're a half of all the places where macrogroup M lives.

2)
But that is only a part of what I wanted to tell. I will focus on her daughter haplogroups. There seems to be almost one for every region.
Those are:

-B: which was found in the Tianyuan man. Since then, established mostly in SChina and the Andes with the Amerindians. These being one of the 2 main groups of American natives, the other in Mexico dominated by N descendant haplogroup A.
-F: dominant in SEAsia.
-P: dominant in Australia/Oceania. Mostly in Aboriginals and Melanesians.

Then we have the ones that conform Caucasians. They exist in all of Western Eurasia and North Africa. But with differences.
-JT: mostly in the Middle East/Eastern Mediterranean.
-HV: along the Atlantic coast. Remains and history of the Neolithic, seem to suggest it appeared in Turkey/Russia. But usually goes along with

-UK: one you also find throughout Europe, mostly in the interior, in the European heartland. It's an haplogroup that you find since Ust-Ishim. The Ust-Ishim is the remain that shows an ancestral population before the split between West and East Eurasians.

In conclussion, R is an haplogroup that has expanded all over the world, and has become dominant joint or alone everywhere.

And given the fact that each subclade seems to be concentrated in a particular continent, I suggest R haplogroups are the distinct populations of R that differentiated after they migrated and became separated.

B : haplogroup B is R11'B. the Amerind's B is all B2 branchs. but East Asian and Austronesian B branch is B4 and B5.
F : haplogroup F is R9'F. It's my maternal haplogroup. Southeast Asian most F is F1a branchs. F1b is Northeast Asian(china, korea, japan, mongol) or Siberian, and extremely rare of european people.

Yeah.
The Fs and Bs are very different.
Since it's known that they appeared tens of thousands of years ago.
The most likely thing That I've pointed out more than once it's that they are very different branches that settled different areas since the Paleolithic and became distinct.

This thread has been viewed 1815 times.

Back