Physical trait PCA Ancient Europeans and World

Nevertheless WHG like-Cheddarman was in between them.....so close resemblances of these phenotypes?

Most SNPs are probably linked to facial features. Maybe the facial features like nose and eye shape resemble Srubnaya/Andronovo but skin colour is different. Cheddarman has archaic and robust features if I recall correctly.

Regarding steppe peoples, i know that Srubnaya/Andronovo skull shapes are like Northwestern Europeans, again more robust types and they plot relatively close to Northwestern Europeans on PCAs but they were somewhat darker. They had mostly dark hair and brown eyes but light skin.

LoL I am not an expert or advanced in theories about population genetics. I only use the present data in the files. I don't think that depigmentation is a recent phenomenon in the genetic sense. But the selection for it.

There where light skinned Mesolithic individuals present in Europe, not many but they where. The same goes for some Neolithic Individuals/Cultures/Villages.

When it comes to very old Paleolithic samples, 30.000+ they where all dark it seems. But what about 100.000 years ago? We don’t know what the people looked once.

Most SNPs are probably linked to facial features. Maybe the facial features like nose and eye shape resemble Srubnaya/Andronovo but skin colour is different. Cheddarman has archaic and robust features if I recall correctly.

Regarding steppe peoples, i know that Srubnaya/Andronovo skull shapes are like Northwestern Europeans, again more robust types and they plot relatively close to Northwestern Europeans on PCAs but they were somewhat darker. They had mostly dark hair and brown eyes but light skin.

On the whole I have about 50% Steppe amount, I guess in the end related to groups like Srubnaya/Andronovo. And my HG percentage is somewhat higher than Dutch average.

I guess those 'robust features' are no exception around the North Sea.....

On the whole I have about 50% Steppe amount, I guess in the end related to groups like Srubnaya/Andronovo. And my HG percentage is somewhat higher than Dutch average.

I guess those 'robust features' are no exception around the North Sea.....

Yes, robust types are more common in Northern Europe compared to Southern Europe or the Near East.

Yes, robust types are more common in Northern Europe compared to Southern Europe or the Near East.

In fact you give elsewhere on Expedia a nice explanation:

Yep, also in my models, this happens because Pre-Indo-European Eastern Europe/Comb Ceramic Culture is overwhelmingly EHG and in my models the highest Yamnaya related ancestry is in the Dutch,Danes and Northwestgermans according to G25 Coordinates. Eastern Europe just looks more like Yamnaya because they are more EHG than Western Europe. But this is according to the G25, I don't know how reliable they are. I link high steppe ancestry in Europe to the Single Grave Culture.

Edit: It is not much higher than in the Irish, about 50%, but in some samples from Northwestern Germany you can get 55% Yamnaya but that's it, I never saw someone above 55%.

Single Grave was more a North Dutch phenomenon than South Dutch (beneath the Rhine).
See this:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single_Grave_culture#/media/File:Single_Grave_culture.jpg

And this fits also
Yes might be to the samples why some Germans have 55%, but Dutch,Danes,Swedes,Norwegians,Northwestern Germans all descend from the Single Grave culture and the Irish and to some degree the British from the Dutch Bell Beakers which are an offshoot of the Single Grave Culture in my opinion. I think that is why there is the most Yamnaya ancestry, today. But the other half of their ancestry is from European Farmers and that's what pulls them away from Yamnaya when using the Distance option in Vahaduo. For Eastern Europe the difference adding EHG to models is huge, Yamnaya ancestry literally breaks-off.

I have a flat occiput, the old sign of the BB phenotype.

What puzzles me still is the resemblance with the Cheddar Man c.q. WHG although I have higher WHG than average Dutch, this may have a relationship with the Funnelbeakers of the North Dutch and or Northwest Germany area (see Blatterhöhle with very high HG).

Obviously WHG has still effect on the North Dutch phenotype even though Single Grave is a more dominant factor! Another possibility is that the Steppe folks that constituted Single Grave had WHG like features, but I doubt that.

Ah, my old posts can be useful, too :)

Indeed, you're WHG ancestry is a little high but I am no expert on WHGs facial features, maybe there are other members that know more about them.

This thread has been viewed 10317 times.

Back