Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 51 to 70 of 70

Thread: Out of Africa overhyped

  1. #51
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    12-11-19
    Posts
    454


    Country: Belgium - Flanders



    Quote Originally Posted by firetown View Post
    You come from a country where it is illegal to claim that Jews might be an ethnic group.
    Bow out.
    Gracefully.
    Or think before you write and accuse.
    I don't know any such law.

  2. #52
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    12-11-19
    Posts
    454


    Country: Belgium - Flanders



    2 members found this post helpful.
    There is a new study due trying to explain the first Eurasian expansion 45 ka and the 2nd European expansion 38 ka.

    http://fdslive.oup.com/www.oup.com/p...n_progress.pdf

    These expansions are marked by the use of blade tools, 45 ka produced with Levallois technique, 38 ka these tools were produced direct from cilindrical cores.

    https://archaeologynewsnetwork.blogs...8#.Yk86S-0gpxY

    Attachment 13183

    These blade tools were a Eurasian development.

  3. #53
    Regular Member firetown's Avatar
    Join Date
    27-08-11
    Posts
    730


    Country: USA - California



    The scientists argue that no specific point in time can currently be identified when modern human ancestry was confined to a limited birthplace, and that the known patterns of the first appearance of anatomical or behavioural traits that are often used to define Homo sapiens fit a range of evolutionary histories.
    Source:Max Planck Institute for the Science of Human History

    https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0210133410.htm

  4. #54
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    12-11-19
    Posts
    454


    Country: Belgium - Flanders



    Quote Originally Posted by firetown View Post
    Source:Max Planck Institute for the Science of Human History

    https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0210133410.htm
    there is no solid evidence, but there is circumstancial evidence

    one indication is the skeletal record : homo erectus was the first to leave Africa, more than 2 million years ago

    another is human DNA diversity, which is highest in Africa

    then there is the replacement of Neanderthals and Denisovans by modern humans in Eurasia



    for early humans, the African savanne was their natural habitat
    it was the early paradise
    there climate and fauna and flora were ideal for human survival

  5. #55
    Regular Member firetown's Avatar
    Join Date
    27-08-11
    Posts
    730


    Country: USA - California



    Quote Originally Posted by bicicleur 2 View Post



    for early humans, the African savanne was their natural habitat
    it was the early paradise
    there climate and fauna and flora were ideal for human survival
    What caused some to migrate elsewhere?

  6. #56
    Regular Member firetown's Avatar
    Join Date
    27-08-11
    Posts
    730


    Country: USA - California



    Quote Originally Posted by bicicleur 2 View Post
    there is no solid evidence, but there is circumstancial evidence

    one indication is the skeletal record : homo erectus was the first to leave Africa, more than 2 million years ago

    another is human DNA diversity, which is highest in Africa

    then there is the replacement of Neanderthals and Denisovans by modern humans in Eurasia

    I see such arguments when it comes to the origin of Rh negative blood
    Top scientists are divided
    some believe around 50k ybp Neanderthaloids were the origin thereof around the South Western part of France
    Others believe it originated around 600,000 ybp somewhere in Africa
    The point is there is no evidence and option number 3 would be that the gene deletion took place over several periods in several locations.
    In other words:
    Circumstantial evidence can lead into different directions.
    Until we know, we don't

  7. #57
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    12-11-19
    Posts
    454


    Country: Belgium - Flanders



    Quote Originally Posted by firetown View Post
    What caused some to migrate elsewhere?
    I guess it became to crowded on the African savanna.
    Just a guess ..

  8. #58
    Regular Member real expert's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-09-16
    Posts
    509


    Country: Germany



    Quote Originally Posted by Ailchu View Post
    i've just given examples that clearly show where he is coming from. if that isn't enough evidence then nothing is.
    Hi Ailchu, let me tell you this you can't force other people to make them love or respect Africans by banning or shutting them down. What you can do is try to change their mindset and perspective by exposing them to arguments that debunk their racist views. In fact, racists do and can change. For instance, there was a case where a German Nazi went to South Africa to live out his racist fantasies. However, he had an accident and some black South Africans helped, invited him to their homes, and treated him kindly. This positive experience with black Africans changed his mind completely and he was ashamed of his hatred for blacks. He ended up marrying an African woman. So, positive experiences and interactions between different ethnic groups are the best weapons against racism. Moreover, they are more effective than PC and cancel culture, and helicopter woke SJWs, media people, and dogooders who “hover” over all of us to monitor every aspect of our lives.


    In addition, free speech played a massive role in making Western societies less racist and more tolerant. I saw clips from the 60s, 70s, or 80s where people could speak up their minds. Racists and anti-racists, liberals and conservatives were openly debating each other without holding back. These kinds of debates and discourses are unthinkable today. Besides, is it really racist to acknowledge the reality that some cultures are less developed, sophisticated, and advanced than others? Matter of fact, liberal leftists who notoriously blast others for their inappropriate words and expressions had no problems with referring to the Afghan Taliban as illiterate, stone-age people, and cavemen.
    The thing is that regardless of skin color or race if you are undeveloped and poor you will face contempt and hate even from people who look like you. That's why I think that Africans are disliked by many not solely due to their race/color but also because of their poverty.

    Quite frankly, I disagree with not a few things you write here, and sometimes I just shake my head about your comments and find them a bit irritating. And still, I wasn't happy seeing you banned. But it turned out you were only temporarily banned.

  9. #59
    Regular Member real expert's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-09-16
    Posts
    509


    Country: Germany



    Quote Originally Posted by firetown View Post
    very well said
    this is still a genetics forum , so whatever your thoughts, be at least a little bit better than the average cesspool where people sling [email protected]@t at each other all day
    Well said. Thanks for understanding my point.

  10. #60
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    25-12-21
    Posts
    424

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    J2B2-L283/Z638

    Country: United States



    Yes, reality is overhyped.

  11. #61
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    23-05-21
    Posts
    223


    Ethnic group
    southern EUROPEAN
    Country: Spain



    Quote Originally Posted by firetown View Post
    What caused some to migrate elsewhere?
    I've developed theories that maybe several human clans tried fortune in other places outside already inhabited(by Sapiens sapiens) Africa.

  12. #62
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    23-05-21
    Posts
    223


    Ethnic group
    southern EUROPEAN
    Country: Spain



    Quote Originally Posted by enter_tain View Post
    Yes, reality is overhyped.
    What I'm trying to say is that reality is also the unbelievable amount of time we went through in Europe/Eurasia, that seems to barely exist.
    The explosion in art and tool making happened then.
    That was the purpose of this thread.

    But I'm worried it's too confined to academic circles. Vulnerable to possible reinterpretations later as pseudo history, afrecentrism or blsckwashing.
    Last edited by Mmiikkii; 09-04-22 at 18:50.

  13. #63
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    12-10-16
    Posts
    1,054


    Country: Albania



    .................................

  14. #64
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    18-03-17
    Posts
    802


    Ethnic group
    swiss,italian
    Country: Germany



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mmiikkii View Post

    Even when we have organized ourselves in tribes it's clearly different.
    For getting a band to travel the whole world and cross oceanic straits you need a higher oevel of organization than to go through the savannah.

    We have to remember even we're both given plots of land and we have hunted. Having to hunt mamooths and oaks requires a higher level of coordination and planning, as well as enduring European winters.
    "european winters" can be very different depending on the latitude. and pretty much all high cultures developed in warm climate with very mild winters such as around the mediterranean sea, the fertile crescent, india, china. and imo those places are all much better for human survival than the savannah which is hot and dry most of the time.

  15. #65
    Regular Member firetown's Avatar
    Join Date
    27-08-11
    Posts
    730


    Country: USA - California



    For those who have mentioned circumstantial evidence:
    When and where have the migrations occurred from which specific regions?
    What do we know for sure?

  16. #66
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    12-11-19
    Posts
    454


    Country: Belgium - Flanders



    Quote Originally Posted by firetown View Post
    For those who have mentioned circumstantial evidence:
    When and where have the migrations occurred from which specific regions?
    What do we know for sure?
    the circumstancial evidence is to numerous to sum it all up

    study the fossil record ..
    study DNA diversity ..

  17. #67
    Regular Member firetown's Avatar
    Join Date
    27-08-11
    Posts
    730


    Country: USA - California



    Quote Originally Posted by bicicleur 2 View Post
    the circumstancial evidence is to numerous to sum it all up

    study the fossil record ..
    study DNA diversity ..
    In that case, I will just start bringing in random questions I have had on my mind.
    For example:
    The Yoruba are said to have Neanderthal DNA.
    They also are high in Rh negative blood.
    I have seen a study where the percentage was somewhere around what the European average is.
    I am not sure if they are actually D negative or partial D as many Africans placed under the Rh(D) negative category.
    Which ancestry to the Yoruba is likely responsible for it.
    A migration from Europe?

  18. #68
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    12-11-19
    Posts
    454


    Country: Belgium - Flanders



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by firetown View Post
    In that case, I will just start bringing in random questions I have had on my mind.
    For example:
    The Yoruba are said to have Neanderthal DNA.
    They also are high in Rh negative blood.
    I have seen a study where the percentage was somewhere around what the European average is.
    I am not sure if they are actually D negative or partial D as many Africans placed under the Rh(D) negative category.
    Which ancestry to the Yoruba is likely responsible for it.
    A migration from Europe?
    I don't know about their blood type.
    But Yoruba has Dzudzuana DNA. That came from Eurasia.
    Check the Laziridis paper on Dzudzuana DNA. There is a treemix in which Yoruba is included.

  19. #69
    Regular Member firetown's Avatar
    Join Date
    27-08-11
    Posts
    730


    Country: USA - California



    Quote Originally Posted by bicicleur 2 View Post
    I don't know about their blood type.
    But Yoruba has Dzudzuana DNA. That came from Eurasia.
    Check the Laziridis paper on Dzudzuana DNA. There is a treemix in which Yoruba is included.
    This one?
    https://www.eupedia.com/forum/thread...m-the-Caucasus

  20. #70
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    12-11-19
    Posts
    454


    Country: Belgium - Flanders



    1 members found this post helpful.
    yes, more specific, the graph in this post :

    https://www.eupedia.com/forum/thread...l=1#post553839

    Natufians have 73 % Dzudzuana-like ancestry.
    Ancestral north African got mixed with another Dzudzuana-like ancestry.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •