Out of Africa overhyped

What caused some to migrate elsewhere?
I've developed theories that maybe several human clans tried fortune in other places outside already inhabited(by Sapiens sapiens) Africa.

Yes, reality is overhyped.
What I'm trying to say is that reality is also the unbelievable amount of time we went through in Europe/Eurasia, that seems to barely exist.
The explosion in art and tool making happened then.
That was the purpose of this thread.

But I'm worried it's too confined to academic circles. Vulnerable to possible reinterpretations later as pseudo history, afrecentrism or blsckwashing.

Last edited:
Even when we have organized ourselves in tribes it's clearly different.
For getting a band to travel the whole world and cross oceanic straits you need a higher oevel of organization than to go through the savannah.

We have to remember even we're both given plots of land and we have hunted. Having to hunt mamooths and oaks requires a higher level of coordination and planning, as well as enduring European winters.

"european winters" can be very different depending on the latitude. and pretty much all high cultures developed in warm climate with very mild winters such as around the mediterranean sea, the fertile crescent, india, china. and imo those places are all much better for human survival than the savannah which is hot and dry most of the time.

For those who have mentioned circumstantial evidence:
When and where have the migrations occurred from which specific regions?
What do we know for sure?

For those who have mentioned circumstantial evidence:
When and where have the migrations occurred from which specific regions?
What do we know for sure?

the circumstancial evidence is to numerous to sum it all up

study the fossil record ..
study DNA diversity ..

the circumstancial evidence is to numerous to sum it all up

study the fossil record ..
study DNA diversity ..

In that case, I will just start bringing in random questions I have had on my mind.
For example:
The Yoruba are said to have Neanderthal DNA.
They also are high in Rh negative blood.
I have seen a study where the percentage was somewhere around what the European average is.
I am not sure if they are actually D negative or partial D as many Africans placed under the Rh(D) negative category.
Which ancestry to the Yoruba is likely responsible for it.
A migration from Europe?

In that case, I will just start bringing in random questions I have had on my mind.
For example:
The Yoruba are said to have Neanderthal DNA.
They also are high in Rh negative blood.
I have seen a study where the percentage was somewhere around what the European average is.
I am not sure if they are actually D negative or partial D as many Africans placed under the Rh(D) negative category.
Which ancestry to the Yoruba is likely responsible for it.
A migration from Europe?

I don't know about their blood type.
But Yoruba has Dzudzuana DNA. That came from Eurasia.
Check the Laziridis paper on Dzudzuana DNA. There is a treemix in which Yoruba is included.

Very overhyped imo

the Out of Africa is an oversimplification

first of all there were many out of Africas since 2 Ma

2nd the out of Africa from which the Eurasians descend happened much earlier

the earliest records of modern humans in Eurasia we have is from 50.000 years ago
but these people were probably in Eurasia 25.000 or more years before
they were not recent African immigrants, they had developped inside Eurasia since long before

the Basal Eurasians had entered Eurasia even before the modern humans, maybe some 125.000 year ago

first of all there were many out of Africas since 2 Ma
There's really no need to make it all about Africa. There are species like Australopithecus that seem to be African.

Then there are Neanderthals, or European remains of "monkeys" from before the transition to hominins.
These remains could be explained expansion from Europe.

This kind of dogma about everything coming from Africa was the reason why I started this thread.

There's really no need to make it all about Africa. There are species like Australopithecus that seem to be African.
Then there are Neanderthals, or European remains of "monkeys" from before the transition to hominins.
These remains could be explained expansion from Europe.
This kind of dogma about everything coming from Africa was the reason why I started this thread.

I agree, there is no solid proof to exclude other options.
Yet I believe the common ancestor between humans and chimps 7 Ma lived in Africa.

I agree, there is no solid proof to exclude other options.
Yet I believe the common ancestor between humans and chimps 7 Ma lived in Africa.

This pretty much sums up what I think about it as well.

There have been multiple "out of Africa" events in hominid history, and those others did seem to leave some genetic vestiges in mainstream "humans" by intermixing, although as their own bloodlines they largely died out... e.g. archaic hominids like Neanderthals, Denisovans, and others, some of which never left Africa. It doesn't mean pure Africans are more purely human because now it seems to be believed they acquired their own admixture from some other strains.

But this push against Out of Africa seems pretty stoked by nationalist, anti-African sentiment, in this case European... some people have a problem with the possibility that some of their distant ancestors ultimately came from there for some reason. People had to come from somewhere in the end. Why does it matter that much where exactly? The world was a very different place than it is today back then, so modern comparisons don't make sense.

Hi Ailchu, let me tell you this you can't force other people to make them love or respect Africans by banning or shutting them down. What you can do is try to change their mindset and perspective by exposing them to arguments that debunk their racist views. In fact, racists do and can change. For instance, there was a case where a German Nazi went to South Africa to live out his racist fantasies. However, he had an accident and some black South Africans helped, invited him to their homes, and treated him kindly. This positive experience with black Africans changed his mind completely and he was ashamed of his hatred for blacks. He ended up marrying an African woman. So, positive experiences and interactions between different ethnic groups are the best weapons against racism. Moreover, they are more effective than PC and cancel culture, and helicopter woke SJWs, media people, and dogooders who “hover” over all of us to monitor every aspect of our lives.

In addition, free speech played a massive role in making Western societies less racist and more tolerant. I saw clips from the 60s, 70s, or 80s where people could speak up their minds. Racists and anti-racists, liberals and conservatives were openly debating each other without holding back. These kinds of debates and discourses are unthinkable today. Besides, is it really racist to acknowledge the reality that some cultures are less developed, sophisticated, and advanced than others? Matter of fact, liberal leftists who notoriously blast others for their inappropriate words and expressions had no problems with referring to the Afghan Taliban as illiterate, stone-age people, and cavemen.
The thing is that regardless of skin color or race if you are undeveloped and poor you will face contempt and hate even from people who look like you. That's why I think that Africans are disliked by many not solely due to their race/color but also because of their poverty.

This is very well put, actually.

Now I am waiting to read about other options.

There's the possibility WE come from populations in Europe(or Western Siberia) while having distant relatives in Africa.

That possibility is never explored. Even though haplogroups, autosomal DNA and fenotypes suggest that's the case.

There's the possibility WE come from populations in Europe(or Western Siberia) while having distant relatives in Africa.
That possibility is never explored. Even though haplogroups, autosomal DNA and fenotypes suggest that's the case.

Distant relatives in terms of ancestry?

This thread has been viewed 14882 times.

Back