Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 48 of 48

Thread: Elon Musk takeover of Twitter

  1. #26
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    25-06-18
    Posts
    1,681

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-M269 (LDNA)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U5a1b

    Ethnic group
    Thracian
    Country: Greece



    Ok now he wants to consummate the deal on the original terms because he wants to avoid depositions and a a public trial. I think he's afraid that the text messages that he tried to avoid submitting to the other side will show him to be not quite the genius that he believes he is. 4D chess indeed! I mean waiving due diligence was a super genius move don't you think. Grossly overpaying for Twitter was another!!! I have to give him credit though. Not going to depositions and trial is a pretty smart advice from his lawyers and for once he listened to them.

  2. #27
    Advisor Jovialis's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-05-17
    Posts
    7,836

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1b2a2a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b7

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    1 members found this post helpful.
    I'm happy he's buying it, because it disarms the leftists.

  3. #28
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    25-06-18
    Posts
    1,681

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-M269 (LDNA)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U5a1b

    Ethnic group
    Thracian
    Country: Greece



    Quote Originally Posted by Jovialis View Post
    I'm happy he's buying it, because it disarms the leftists.
    I really don't care whether he's buying it or not. I do care that he thinks he has th solution to all the world problems in a tweet. Who does he remind me of?

  4. #29
    Advisor Jovialis's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-05-17
    Posts
    7,836

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1b2a2a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b7

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    Quote Originally Posted by bigsnake49 View Post
    I really don't care whether he's buying it or not. I do care that he thinks he has th solution to all the world problems in a tweet. Who does he remind me of?
    All of the journalists who gave it power to be so.

  5. #30
    Advisor Jovialis's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-05-17
    Posts
    7,836

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1b2a2a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b7

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    I don't even use twitter, but I think social media in general is where a lot of the common people go to for political discourse, at least the more politically active ones. Half the population isn't even politically active, it really only half that is divided in two between left and right, with sliver in the middle that is independant.

    I'm currently an independent, but I am going to re-registrar as a Republican, so I can vote for the primary. I voted for Trump in the 2016 primary, as well as the 2016 general election, and 2020 general election. However, I am tired of his inability to do what needs to be done. Sure he got conservatives on the supreme court, but I really couldn't care less about the abortion issue. In fact, I wish it was just left alone, because it diverts from more important issues. Number one being the massive crime wave that has been facilitated by ultra-progressive DAs. I was watching a Lee Zeldin commercial, and it is so weak on the main issue. They only kind of touch upon the crime issue, and mention Alvin Bragg. But why not show a montage of all of the crime and subsequent releases of these dangerous criminals. Republicans are weak, and stupid. If I was a campaign manager for the GOP, I would put everything to the forefront. You have Democrats calling Republicans dangerous extremists, talking about abortion and so on. I saw some other pathetic commercial for Thomas Kean with some fat guy talking about tomatoes... Come on man, what a bunch of yellow-bellied losers they are. At least Trump had the guts to fire people up by talking about all of the horrible things the Democrats were doing. But in the end, he turned out to be just another spoiled rich kid. That's why I want someone like a Ron DeSantis, who has all of the good things about Trump, and the discipline to facilitate it.

    The Democrats are so worried about the inability to get an abortion if a woman is raped. Well, why do they allow rapists to walk to street in the first place? I think they should be in prison for the rest of their lives, and if proven guilty without a doubt, perhaps even executed. That would be my rhetoric if I was a politician or speech writer. The GOP is too soft, and frankly I hate them for it.

  6. #31
    Advisor Jovialis's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-05-17
    Posts
    7,836

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1b2a2a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b7

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    Quote Originally Posted by Jovialis View Post
    I don't even use twitter, but I think social media in general is where a lot of the common people go to for political discourse, at least the more politically active ones. Half the population isn't even politically active, it really only half that is divided in two between left and right, with sliver in the middle that is independant.

    I'm currently an independent, but I am going to re-registrar as a Republican, so I can vote for the primary. I voted for Trump in the 2016 primary, as well as the 2016 general election, and 2020 general election. However, I am tired of his inability to do what needs to be done. Sure he got conservatives on the supreme court, but I really couldn't care less about the abortion issue. In fact, I wish it was just left alone, because it diverts from more important issues. Number one being the massive crime wave that has been facilitated by ultra-progressive DAs. I was watching a Lee Zeldin commercial, and it is so weak on the main issue. They only kind of touch upon the crime issue, and mention Alvin Bragg. But why not show a montage of all of the crime and subsequent releases of these dangerous criminals. Republicans are weak, and stupid. If I was a campaign manager for the GOP, I would put everything to the forefront. You have Democrats calling Republicans dangerous extremists, talking about abortion and so on. I saw some other pathetic commercial for Thomas Kean with some fat guy talking about tomatoes... Come on man, what a bunch of yellow-bellied losers they are. At least Trump had the guts to fire people up by talking about all of the horrible things the Democrats were doing. But in the end, he turned out to be just another spoiled rich kid. That's why I want someone like a Ron DeSantis, who has all of the good things about Trump, and the discipline to facilitate it.

    The Democrats are so worried about the inability to get an abortion if a woman is raped. Well, why do they allow rapists to walk to street in the first place? I think they should be in prison for the rest of their lives, and if proven guilty without a doubt, perhaps even executed. That would be my rhetoric if I was a politician or speech writer. The GOP is too soft, and frankly I hate them for it.
    There used to be the meme "cuckservative" on the internet, well being force to raise a child of rape, is the epitome of being cuckold. The GOP needs to get it's priorities straight. I think abortion is terrible, but in the case of rape, or the health of a woman, it should be allowed. For me, the main issues are crime, inflation, immigration, and the perversion of culture.

  7. #32
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    25-06-18
    Posts
    1,681

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-M269 (LDNA)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U5a1b

    Ethnic group
    Thracian
    Country: Greece



    Quote Originally Posted by Jovialis View Post
    All of the journalists who gave it power to be so.
    Yep, if only the journalists could ignore them. Controversy sells so they can't. But then we don't need big media organizations anymore according to some. We have twitter or Facebook or your favorite conspiracy site. That's where most of the people get their news from according to the polls. It is not NYT or WaPo. If that. is so, why are people ranting about the liberal media if nobody read them anymore.

  8. #33
    Advisor Jovialis's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-05-17
    Posts
    7,836

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1b2a2a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b7

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    Things that people say on Twitter can have real-life consequences.

    For example, a old man from Britain, who was a veteran, was arrested for posting a swastika made out of the new LGTBQ+ flag. The irony is exquisite.

    https://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/world/2...-turning-heads

    Something like this would be considered a monstrous assault on freedom of speech in the USA. But if the far-left had their way, they would do the same here.

  9. #34
    Advisor Jovialis's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-05-17
    Posts
    7,836

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1b2a2a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b7

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    Quote Originally Posted by Jovialis View Post
    Things that people say on Twitter can have real-life consequences.

    For example, a old man from Britain, who was a veteran, was arrested for posting a swastika made out of the new LGTBQ+ flag. The irony is exquisite.

    https://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/world/2...-turning-heads

    Something like this would be considered a monstrous assault on freedom of speech in the USA. But if the far-left had their way, they would do the same here.
    https://freedomhouse.org/explore-the...=fiw&year=2022

    What a joke, how can Britain be a bastion of free speech, if you are arrested for a tweet. Pathetic assessment to say the least. Garbage standards!

    The UK is not a free country!

  10. #35
    Advisor Jovialis's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-05-17
    Posts
    7,836

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1b2a2a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b7

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_House

    $50 million to lie to the world.

  11. #36
    Advisor Jovialis's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-05-17
    Posts
    7,836

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1b2a2a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b7

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    I guess this is what happens when you try to take over the Democrats' propaganda machine, and make it an impartial platform.

    https://nypost.com/2022/10/13/elon-m...gn=android_nyp

  12. #37
    Advisor Jovialis's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-05-17
    Posts
    7,836

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1b2a2a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b7

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States


  13. #38
    Advisor Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    21,540


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    ^^We all get how smart he is, and I'm glad he's buying twitter, but sometimes he acts like a teen-ager.

    He was probably bullied as a kid and hasn't matured emotionally since then. I mean, Amber Heard not just as a girlfriend but as probably the mother of one of his many children?


    Non si fa il proprio dovere perchè qualcuno ci dica grazie, lo si fa per principio, per se stessi, per la propria dignità. Oriana Fallaci

  14. #39
    Advisor Jovialis's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-05-17
    Posts
    7,836

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1b2a2a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b7

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    I think being a multi-billionaire makes people a bit wacky too, because the power goes to their head. Makes people think they can do anything they want and affirms their own ego.

  15. #40
    Advisor Jovialis's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-05-17
    Posts
    7,836

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1b2a2a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b7

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    1 members found this post helpful.

    Cool

    Elon Musk closes deal to acquire Twitter, fires top execs: Source

    https://abcnews.go.com/Business/elon-musk-closes-deal-acquire-twitter-reports/story?id=92122221
    Cancelled!

    The executives fired include CEO Parag Agrawal, chief financial officer Ned Segal, top legal and policy executive Vijaya Gadde, and general counsel Sean Edgett.
    At least one of the fired executives was seen escorted out of Twitter's San Francisco headquarters, per the sources.

    https://www.businessinsider.com/elon...grawal-2022-10

  16. #41
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    10-05-19
    Posts
    1,510

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    I2-M223
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H2A3

    Ethnic group
    Italian-Sicily-South
    Country: United States



    Gadde was the one who banned Trump and squashed the Hunter Biden Laptop story.

  17. #42
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    25-06-18
    Posts
    1,681

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-M269 (LDNA)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U5a1b

    Ethnic group
    Thracian
    Country: Greece



    I actually like to reform our libel laws. Right now you have to prove malice to win a case. The standard should be that if you said something that is untrue about another person or company you should be able to sue them for libel. For example if Wapo says that Trump go peed on by a Russian ballerina, Trump should be able to sue WaPo. Of course it goes the other way. Since this is all about Twitter, I want Twitter to be liable jointly if one of their subs makes an untrue statement. I want this to apply to all media not just social media but print media and tv media.

  18. #43
    Regular Member torzio's Avatar
    Join Date
    10-05-19
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,352

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 - SK1480
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H95a

    Ethnic group
    North Italian
    Country: Australia



    Quote Originally Posted by bigsnake49 View Post
    I actually like to reform our libel laws. Right now you have to prove malice to win a case. The standard should be that if you said something that is untrue about another person or company you should be able to sue them for libel. For example if Wapo says that Trump go peed on by a Russian ballerina, Trump should be able to sue WaPo. Of course it goes the other way. Since this is all about Twitter, I want Twitter to be liable jointly if one of their subs makes an untrue statement. I want this to apply to all media not just social media but print media and tv media.

    agree ................"Freedom of the Press" /Media has gone to crap ...its 80% BS news
    Fathers mtdna ...... T2b17
    Grandfather paternal mtdna ... T1a1e
    Sons mtdna ...... K1a4p
    Mothers line ..... R1b-S8172
    Grandmother paternal side ... I1-CTS6397
    Wife paternal line ..... R1a-PF6155

    "Fear profits man, nothing"

  19. #44
    Regular Member Duarte's Avatar
    Join Date
    08-01-19
    Posts
    2,390

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-DF27/R-Y45921

    Country: Brazil



    The Guardian - Opinion - Hamilton Nolan
    ‘Elon Musk’s Twitter is going to be a disaster: Musk probably bought Twitter for the same reason billionaires throughout history have become press barons: to try to control the conversation’

    https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...itter-disaster

  20. #45
    Advisor Jovialis's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-05-17
    Posts
    7,836

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1b2a2a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b7

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    1 members found this post helpful.
    The next person I wish I could see fired:

    Sundar Pichai - Wikipedia

  21. #46
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    14-02-17
    Posts
    146


    Country: United States



    Guardian ; In these times...Deutsche Welle ...

    "Interestingly enough" the whine about the purchase comes from only one direction.

    Duarte, Bоlsоnаrо "lost" with what...one percent? . Tell me Brаzil did not use machines, please. Eh...

  22. #47
    Advisor Jovialis's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-05-17
    Posts
    7,836

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1b2a2a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b7

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States


  23. #48
    Advisor Jovialis's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-05-17
    Posts
    7,836

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1b2a2a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b7

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    1 members found this post helpful.
    It seems like Elon Musk is really getting the Donald Trump treatment by the media. Literally, almost every news story is a hack-job against this man for his purchase of Twitter. Something needs to change in terms of mass media. Which is essentially a propaganda arm for the Democrats.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •