Thread: Ancient balkan states Y-DNA

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Ethnic group
    Sarakatsani,Pontic Greek

1 members found this post helpful.

Ancient balkan states Y-DNA

This is my theory

Ancient Greece- J2 (34,5%), E-V13 (29%), R1b (15%), G2a (8%), T (6%), I2 (4%), R1a (2%), J1 (1,5%)
    Cycladic Civilization- J2 (36%), I2 (22%), G2a (18%), T (13%), E-V13 (11%)
    Minoan Civilization- J2 (36%), I2 (20%), G2a (16%), J1 (14%), T (11%), R1b (2%), E1b1b (1%)
    Mycenaean Civilization- J2 (35%), I2 (18%), E-V13 (17%), G2a (12%), J1 (10%), R1b (7%), T (5%), R1a (3%)
    Ancient Thrace- R1a (25,5%), I2 (21%), E-V13 (15%), R1b (12%),G2a (11%), J2 (8,5%), T (4%), J1 (3%)
    Illyria- I2 (26%), R1a (23%), E-V13 (16%), G2a (12,5%), J2 (12%), R1b (5%), T (4%), J1 (1,5%)

Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-FT186965
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H5a1

Ethnic group
    Vlach

Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    This is my theory

Ancient Greece- J2 (34,5%), E-V13 (29%), R1b (15%), G2a (8%), T (6%), I2 (4%), R1a (2%), J1 (1,5%)
    Minoan Civilization- J2 (36%), I2 (20%), G2a (16%), J1 (14%), T (11%), R1b (2%), E1b1b (1%)
    Mycenaean Civilization- J2 (35%), I2 (18%), E-V13 (17%), G2a (12%), J1 (10%), R1b (7%), T (5%), R1a (3%)
    Ancient Thrace- R1a (25,5%), I2 (21%), E-V13 (15%), R1b (12%),G2a (11%), J2 (8,5%), T (4%), J1 (3%)
    Illyria- I2 (26%), R1a (23%), E-V13 (16%), G2a (12,5%), J2 (12%), R1b (5%), T (4%), J1 (1,5%)
    Why so high I2 and R1a on Illyrians and Thrace, arent does supposed to be Slavic haplogroups?

Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 - SK1480
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H95a

Ethnic group
    North Italian

Quote Originally Posted by Gedzo View Post
    Why so high I2 and R1a on Illyrians and Thrace, arent does supposed to be Slavic haplogroups?

I2 and R1a are not slavic .............these markers are thousands of years older than slavic
    Fathers mtdna ...... T2b17
    Grandfather paternal mtdna ... T1a1e
    Sons mtdna ...... K1a4p
    Mothers line ..... R1b-S8172
    Grandmother paternal side ... I1-CTS6397
    Wife paternal line ..... R1a-PF6155

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-L1029>Y133379
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H11a2b*

Ethnic group
    Albanian/Gheg/Dibran/Okshtun

3 members found this post helpful.
    This is my theory

Firstly, it is nearly impossible to know what the percentage of particular haplogroups were, due to most being the result of founder effects and bottlenecks. Secondly, I2a/R1a was most certainly having nothing to do with these early peoples. At least I-Y3120 & R1a-Z280/M458, which makes up nearly 100% of R1a/I2a in the Balkans. Whatever variants they carried likely went extinct. Placing J2 at 12% in Illyrians is absolutely asinine considering every single Illyrian and Proto-Illyrian male sample thus far was confirmed J2b-L283.

The only thing we can be certain of is that some variety of J2b/J2a/E-V13/R1b and some other variety in lower amounts of E, J1, and some archaic I2a & R1a, G, and T may have been present.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 - SK1480
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H95a

Ethnic group
    North Italian

Quote Originally Posted by Dibran View Post
    Firstly, it is nearly impossible to know what the percentage of particular haplogroups were, due to most being the result of founder effects and bottlenecks. Secondly, I2a/R1a was most certainly having nothing to do with these early peoples. At least I-Y3120 & R1a-Z280/M458, which makes up nearly 100% of R1a/I2a in the Balkans. Whatever variants they carried likely went extinct. Placing J2 at 12% in Illyrians is absolutely asinine considering every single Illyrian and Proto-Illyrian male sample thus far was confirmed J2b-L283.
    The only thing we can be certain of is that some variety of J2b/J2a/E-V13/R1b and some other variety in lower amounts of E, J1, and some archaic I2a & R1a, G, and T may have been present.
    did you see the August 2021 ancient croatian paper ?

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-L1029>Y133379
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H11a2b*

Ethnic group
    Albanian/Gheg/Dibran/Okshtun

Quote Originally Posted by torzio View Post
    You're referring to the I-CTS10228 sample??

Are you still ignoring the fact that the sample was confirmed contaminated on the fact that he was mostly modern South-West Slavic like, and also has a mtdna that only has a tmrca with others in the 18th century and formed in the 15th century of the middle ages??

How many times are people going to bring up that sample.

Even if it was legitimate, the distance between CTS10228 and Y3120 is in the Bronze Age.

Yet you still twist your tongue about J2b-L283 connection with Albanians, despite overwhelming majority of confirmed Illyrian samples falling in this lineage.

Keep coping.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 - SK1480
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H95a

Ethnic group
    North Italian

You're referring to the I-CTS10228 sample??
    Are you still ignoring the fact that the sample was confirmed contaminated on the fact that he was mostly modern South-West Slavic like, and also has a mtdna that only has a tmrca with others in the 18th century and formed in the 15th century of the middle ages??
    How many times are people going to bring up that sample.
    Even if it was legitimate, the distance between CTS10228 and Y3120 is in the Bronze Age.
    Yet you still twist your tongue about J2b-L283 connection with Albanians, despite overwhelming majority of confirmed Illyrian samples falling in this lineage.
    Keep coping.
    I refer to all haplogroups in the paper

Keep coping.
    He is a fan of the pseudo scientific fantasy that Slavs are autochthonous to the Balkans. I think he is not referring to the obviously contaminated modern Slavic sample but to one basal I2a2 non-IE sample from Slavonia, Potocari and is trying to link it to I2a1b-Slav which does not make sense whatsoever since these are different haplogroups.

Also, J2b-L283 in antiquity does not have anything to do with the ancestors of Proto-Albanians but everything with Illyrians as we've seen.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    J2b2-L283

Ethnic group

Quote Originally Posted by mount123 View Post
    He is a fan of the pseudo scientific fantasy that Slavs are autochthonous to the Balkans. I think he is not referring to the obviously contaminated modern Slavic sample but to one basal I2a2 non-IE sample from Slavonia, Potocari and is trying to link it to I2a1b-Slav which does not make sense whatsoever since these are different haplogroups.

Also, J2b-L283 in antiquity does not have anything to do with the ancestors of Proto-Albanians but everything with Illyrians as we've seen.
    Lmao. And this mentally unstable guy accuses me of being anti-Albanian when you're the ''Kosovan identity'' guy

I defended you for a minute then you come and attack me ? Man, you really have some nerves.

Quote Originally Posted by torzio View Post
    I am not exactly sure if you know what the definition of a haplogroup is (after all you claimed T1 to be a "brother" clade of Altaic basal R1* ). There is no living basal R1a unless he is a time traveller. You constantly and purposly mix up that one basal I2a2 neolithic non Indo-European Potocari sample with Slavic I2a1-Y3120 which are completely different haplogroups.

Also did you see that Patterson/Reich, did you see the Matthieson paper? From Posusje MBA Dalmatians to IA Illyrians all J2b-L283. Repeating the same off topic non sense won't link obvious Slavic lineages to Illyrians.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 - SK1480
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H95a

Ethnic group
    North Italian

I am not exactly sure if you know what the definition of a haplogroup is (after all you claimed T1 to be a "brother" clade of Altaic basal R1* ). There is no living basal R1a unless he is a time traveller. You constantly and purposly mix up that one basal I2a2 neolithic non Indo-European Potocari sample with Slavic I2a1-Y3120 which are completely different haplogroups.

Also did you see that Patterson/Reich, did you see the Matthieson paper? From Posusje MBA Dalmatians to IA Illyrians all J2b-L283. Repeating the same off topic non sense won't link obvious Slavic lineages to Illyrians.

more like cousins of the same ydna line are Haplogroup T, L, R, P, S, O, N, S all come from the same "father" of K-M9 haplogroup

very distant ydna haplogroups from the above are
    J
    E
    G
    I
    H

Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 - SK1480
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H95a

Ethnic group
    North Italian

I was referring to his comments on G haplogroup

This is my theory
    The majority of the ancient Illyrian samples be it Iron Age or Proto-Illyrian MBA Dalmatian samples are J2b-L283. There are scientific papers like Patterson/Reich et. al. one should read and not post this pseudo scientific non sense

This is yet another amateur non sense pseudo science thread but somehow no moderator is closing these.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    J2B2-L283/Z638

The majority of the ancient Illyrian samples be it Iron Age or Proto-Illyrian MBA Dalmatian samples are J2b-L283. There are scientific papers like Patterson/Reich et. al. one should read and not post this pseudo scientific non sense

This is yet another amateur non sense pseudo science thread but somehow no moderator is closing these.
    The majority of Illyrian samples aren't "Illyrian". The term Illyrian was not applied to those areas until the times of the Roman Empire.

Maybe you should learn some basic history instead of haplobro science.

Quote Originally Posted by enter_tain View Post
    The majority of Illyrian samples aren't "Illyrian". The term Illyrian was not applied to those areas until the times of the Roman Empire.

They are Illyrian wether you like it or not and Proto-Albanians have absolutely nothing to do with Illyrians. You have a vibrant imagination, I'll give you that.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    J2B2-L283/Z638

They are Illyrian wether you like it or not and Proto-Albanians have absolutely nothing to do with Illyrians. You have a vibrant imagination, I'll give you that.
    Yeah Copernicus. All those new ancient Greek samples fell exactly in that red graph box I concocted months ago. Stop staying stupid crap before you look like an even bigger fool.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    J2b2-L283

Ethnic group

Yeah Copernicus. All those new ancient Greek samples fell exactly in that red graph box I concocted months ago. Stop staying stupid crap before you look like an even bigger fool.

But those samples don't even cluster like Greek or Albanian populations, they are more south ? Where is the evidence that only Slavic ancestry shifted people more north rather than some more North-Italian like derived ancestry for example such as the samples from Croatia ?

And wasn't the Logos sample that was close to a Kosovo Albanian in Northern Greece ? Now imagine samples in Northern Albania ?

To make everything shorter here so I dont' write a bunch of wall of text again, my point here is that the Illyrians that settled Albania were people that originated from the Glasinac, Bosnia, Croatia etc, and they probably clustered North Italian like. At one point most likely became more East shifted and more Southern but nothing suggests that this autosomal DNA was entirely washed out and that all Southern Illyrians clustered like those Ancient Greeks, maybe like modern Greeks, Tuscans, North-East Italians etc . So to say that they are not ancestral is completely nonsense. Albanians definitely do not derive from mainly populations that clustered that SOUTH.

If this is what you're saying, that proto-Albanians and Southern Illyrians clustered as South as some of those Ancient Greek samples then Ancient DNA is eventually going to debunk you , I don't even need to waste my time here. There are Tosks who almost cluster like Sicilians and the IA sample from Bulgaria even clustered very south and it's indeed possible some people clustered that south but to say that this was the main ancestral is nonsense.

We don't even know how much Slavic influence there has been for sure. And that PCA map is completely nonsense , it shows Albanians as more West and the IA/BA as more East together with Balkan Slavs when both Albanian populations and those IA/BA samples are more West than Balkan Slavs in general

Y-DNA haplogroup
    J2b2-L283

Ethnic group

LOL. You're just mad you're EV-13 and link it to Proto-Albanians. But I'm the one who is anti-Albanian ? No, I'm just a realist. I can even criticize myself and admit things about myself that I don't like. Don't worry, mr.''Kosovan'', I'm EV-13 too from other sides.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    J2b2-L283

Ethnic group

It was applied before that actually by the Greeks referring to tribes north of them. Although it's true the term came to be more used during the Roman period. And how are they not Illyrian ? That's where Illyrians lived. Strabo referred to them as Illyrians. Maybe proto-Illyrians then would be the right term. There is also cultural material. And there were Celts, Thracians and other people that settled there too.

It's also funny how the guy claims J2b2-L283 is not linked to proto-Albanians when it actually is.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    J2B2-L283/Z638

Quote Originally Posted by 1337 View Post
    It was applied before that actually by the Greeks referring to tribes north of them. Although it's true the term came to be more used during the Roman period. And how are they not Illyrian ? That's where Illyrians lived. Strabo referred to them as Illyrians. Maybe proto-Illyrians then would be the right term. There is also cultural material. And there were Celts, Thracians and other people that settled there too.

It's also funny how the guy claims J2b2-L283 is not linked to proto-Albanians when it actually is.
    No, as in during the times of those samples (EBA to EIA) in Croatia, they were not called Illyrian. First mentions of Illyrians we hear are Greeks calling people in Albania Illyria during the time of Classical Greece.

The areas of former Yugoslavia were only called Illyrian after the Romans came over to the Balkans after the period of Classical Greece. They were probably distant cousins or something like that, but it's not the "core" Illyrians.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    J2b2-L283

Ethnic group

No, as in during the times of those samples (EBA to EIA) in Croatia, they were not called Illyrian. First mentions of Illyrians we hear are Greeks calling people in Albania Illyria during the time of Classical Greece.

The areas of former Yugoslavia were only called Illyrian after the Romans came over to the Balkans after the period of Classical Greece. They were probably distant cousins or something like that, but it's not the "core" Illyrians.
    Yugoslavia and Albania included the same or related tribes before the Roman period

The Ardiaei were an Illyrian people residing on territory of present-day Albania, Kosovo, Montenegro, Bosnia and Herzegovina and Croatia between Adriatic coast on the south, Konjic on the north, along the Neretva river and its right bank on the west, extending to Lake Shkodra to the southeast. From the 3rd century BC to 168 BC the capital cities of the Ardiaean State were Rhizon and Scodra.

The Labeatae, Labeatai or Labeates (Ancient Greek: Λαβεᾶται; Latin: Labeatae) were an Illyrian people that lived on the Adriatic coast of southern Illyria, between modern Albania and Montenegro, around Lake Scodra (the ancient Lacus Labeatis).
    Their territory, which was called Labeatis in classical antiquity, seems to have stretched from Lissus at the river Drin in the south, or probably even from the valley of Mat, up to Meteon in the north. Their centre and main stronghold was Skodra, which during the last period of the Illyrian kingdom was the capital city.

In Greek mythology 'Illyrius' is the ancestor of Illyrians.

The Indo-Europeans that settled Croatia, Bosnia, Montenegro etc during the Iron Age / Bronze Age were the same people that settled Albania, Kosovo, Southern Italy etc.

Although it's completely nonsense that 'Illyricum' was the core area of Illyrians and that the tribes dwelling south were different like that guy claims in some posts of his. Illyricum was a region created by the Romans. However, the term Illyrian was first used by Greeks to refer to people especially in Southern Yugoslavia and Albania.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 - SK1480
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H95a

Ethnic group
    North Italian

Quote Originally Posted by 1337 View Post

Strabo refers to 2 groups of Illyrians ..............on map below.....2.1 = Illyrians of the interior and 2.2 as maritime Illyrians

Ethnic group
    Sarakatsani,Pontic Greek

1) i said THEORY
    2)The theory of the haplogroups of the Illyrians is not based on the haplogroups of the Illyrians in 2,500 BC but in 800 BC.
    3)What is your theory about the haplogroups of illyrians?

Y-DNA haplogroup
    J2B2-L283/Z638

1) i said THEORY
    2)The theory of the haplogroups of the Illyrians is not based on the haplogroups of the Illyrians in 2,500 BC but in 800 BC.
    He thinks the Illyrians bordering Greeks are all 90% J2B2 and "Spanish-like", because that's how DNA works.

You live for 2000 years next to someone and intermix with them, but you're magically very different genetically.

1) i said THEORY
    Illyrians are an IE group of people they show a continuity from Middle Bronze Age Dalmatian Posusje culture (those are J2b-L283) and the Classical Iron Age Illyrians are J2b-L283 heavy.

If you choose to deny scientific papers like Patterson/Reich, Matthieson etc. then that is your problem not anyone else's.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast