Thread: Guess my ethnicity

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-1b
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H-5a

Ethnic group
    New England

Quote Originally Posted by MOESAN View Post
    This man I spoke of has roughly the same kind of face, marking IMO a classical 'mediter' look, but he has a more receding forehead and a nose closer to what we find with some eastern 'mediter' (some accretions style "indo-afghan" of old times?
    But I cannot send you a picture because everytime I trie it it goes to hell. Sorry. I have to improve my skills!
    It's ok. Have you made a screenshot photo? And then you try to send it here? I tried to send some photo ,and one photo would not send untill i sent a different photo first,then after that it worked,to send the original photo.

Sent from my LGL322DL using Tapatalk

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-1b
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H-5a

Ethnic group
    New England

Quote Originally Posted by Mordred View Post
    I'd say you would fit quite easily as a normal Joe. My personal opinion is that you have some Danish and at the same time some Finnish.

Sent from my SM-T870 using Tapatalk
    Is it possible to say what physical features i have that look Danish and which look Finnish? Also you said that i look medelsvensson,( average joe) does that mean that a lot of Swedish people look like a average between Danish and Finnish people? Thanks

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-1b
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H-5a

Ethnic group
    New England

Basically, for bones, the 'mediter' element comes first IMO. The cranial anterior profile is uneasy to distinguish between 'nordic' and 'mediter';seems mesocephalic, so "unpure" (LOL) - the brachycephalic input seems rather posterior so a bit 'dinaric-like' ? - very unsure; the rather long and narrow (according to angles and pics) face is more 'mediter' in a general sense, with light, low, mean-to-narrow jaw, and less narrow cheekbones (bizygomatic) spite they are not strong - the long nose seems to me rather 'mediterlike', fleshy speaking (no 'indo-afghan' influence) spite not pure - as I'm not sure there is no direct link between bony nose and fleshy nose, I wonder if this (not rare in Europe) kind of nose would not have been frequent among EEF, spite their shortness bony speaking with long space between bony nose and superior teeth? Your eyelids (higher outside) seem to me more common in eastern Europe than in West but... ATW they are not 'finn-like'. Sorry I cannot do better for a mixed form (mixtures so common among us, even at the external phenotypic level). ATW no evident traces of one of the typical robust spite dissimilar "types" inherited from Paleo- and Mesolithic periods in Europe -
    Concerning geographic origin, broadly said, your are not amazing among Balkans, Ukraina, maybe Central Europe, but elsewhere too; maybe Askhenaze Jew, but this label doesn't say a lot, they are so mixed sometimes. Not first choice for Scandinavian, Finns and Northern pops of today Europe, not more first choice for typical Southern European people.
    But pics are pics, not measures, and I'm not so good at individual ethnic guesses. Others could say better than me.
    Do notice I maid here more 'typology' for it's worth, than ethnicity guess. Sorry. Ethnicity is not alway tightly linked to phenotype.
    Can you tell me if my phenotype is from Early European Farmers?

Elite member

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b - L21/S145*
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H3c

Ethnic group
    more celtic

Quote Originally Posted by calf View Post
    Can you tell me if my phenotype is from Early European Farmers?

Sorry for the late answer. You put too much confidence in my knowledge.
    About first European farmers I have only verbal description of COON, they are centred on his 'danubian' type, supposed to be close enough to the first Anatolian farmers passed into Europe, a selection of a part of Catal Höyük people; would it be based on LBK og Hungary? For these last ones I have only measures of skull.
    the type was rather smooth 'mediter', with rather frontal face, almost vertical forehead, and very high skull compared to length and breadth. I lack skull pictures.
    These types share some common features with true gracile 'mediter' types: small oval face, rather light chin, subdolichocephally or dolichocephally. Your rather rounded broad occipital region could be of the type too, without too much certainty.
    You are not far from this kind of model, but it is still general, I cannot say more.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    I1a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H5a1a

Ethnic group
    Germanic

You have some facial similarities to my reconstructions of AnatoliaHG/Early Neolithic and Funnel Beaker, because of your narrow eye distance and wide vomer(Nasal Bone) to eye distance:

3f7b49945dc607e529a859b3a0350cc0.jpg

Ethnic group
    Italian

More of what I think of when I think of a "Med" face on a man. Had I not known who it was I would not have guessed Welsh. He looks like an Italian singer of the 30s or 40s or an opera singer to me. A bit of a Rudolph Valentino vibe too. They sold postcards of his face. :)

Carlo Buti:

Like Ronald Coleman and Barrymore (called "The Nose"), he did love taking profile pictures to show off his nose.

Rudolph Valentino:

In this last picture maybe a bit of Louis Jourdain?

A stronger jaw and chin in Jordain, altogether too manly, I suppose. My mother just adored him in every role he played. :)

Non si fa il proprio dovere perchè qualcuno ci dica grazie, lo si fa per principio, per se stessi, per la propria dignità. Oriana Fallaci

Ethnic group
    Italian

Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    More of what I think of when I think of a "Med" face on a man. Had I not known who it was I would not have guessed Welsh. He looks like an Italian singer of the 30s or 40s or an opera singer to me. A bit of a Rudolph Valentino vibe too. They sold postcards of his face. :)

Carlo Buti:

Like Ronald Coleman and Barrymore (called "The Nose"), he did love taking profile pictures to show off his nose.

Rudolph Valentino:

A stronger jaw and chin in Jordain, altogether too manly, I suppose. My mother just adored him in every role he played. :)
    How could I forget Marco Mengoni. You don't get more "Med" than this, imo.

It's hard to find a picture of his beautiful face without a beard covering it all up. It's a beautiful beard, but leave it for men who need a bit of covering up of something. :)

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-1b
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H-5a

Ethnic group
    New England

Sorry for the late answer. You put too much confidence in my knowledge.
    About first European farmers I have only verbal description of COON, they are centred on his 'danubian' type, supposed to be close enough to the first Anatolian farmers passed into Europe, a selection of a part of Catal Höyük people; would it be based on LBK og Hungary? For these last ones I have only measures of skull.
    the type was rather smooth 'mediter', with rather frontal face, almost vertical forehead, and very high skull compared to length and breadth. I lack skull pictures.
    These types share some common features with true gracile 'mediter' types: small oval face, rather light chin, subdolichocephally or dolichocephally. Your rather rounded broad occipital region could be of the type too, without too much certainty.
    You are not far from this kind of model, but it is still general, I cannot say more.
    Thank you.I appreciate your knowledge!

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-1b
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H-5a

Ethnic group
    New England

Quote Originally Posted by Doggerland View Post
    You have some facial similarities to my reconstructions of AnatoliaHG/Early Neolithic and Funnel Beaker, because of your narrow eye distance and wide vomer(Nasal Bone) to eye distance:

3f7b49945dc607e529a859b3a0350cc0.jpg
    Yes, they seem to have my dimensions,thanks! And funnel beakers ,they were a neolithic culture that lived in Scandinavia / Germany area?

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-1b
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H-5a

Ethnic group
    New England

Carlo Buti:

Rudolph Valentino:

Are these examples of what Mediterranean facial types look like ? Or are they examples of my facial dimensions or both?

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-1b
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H-5a

Ethnic group
    New England

How could I forget Marco Mengoni. You don't get more "Med" than this, imo.

It's hard to find a picture of his beautiful face without a beard covering it all up. It's a beautiful beard, but leave it for men who need a bit of covering up of something. :)

Im trying to compare photos of these Mediterranean people to my photos and they do seem to have my facial measurements,but because i have light coloring and thin hair it is hard to tell.

Ethnic group
    Italian

Im trying to compare photos of these Mediterranean people to my photos and they do seem to have my facial measurements,but because i have light coloring and thin hair it is hard to tell.

It's sort of a mantra of mine that pigmentation can be very misleading at times. My father was a Marco Mengoni "type", but he had dirty blonde hair as an adult and green eyes, so it wasn't obvious that he was Med or Atlanto-Med.

There's also the fact that some Scandinavians have been described as de-pigmented Meds. Not all, of course, but a good number imo.

Of course, that's all any of this is, opinion. It's one of the few areas of the site where I allow myself to do that, because it's all in fun. :)

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-1b
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H-5a

Ethnic group
    New England

Edit message
    Last edited by calf; 26-06-22 at 01:35.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-1b
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H-5a

Ethnic group
    New England

Edit message
    Last edited by calf; 26-06-22 at 01:30.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-1b
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H-5a

Ethnic group
    New England

It's sort of a mantra of mine that pigmentation can be very misleading at times. My father was a Marco Mengoni "type", but he had dirty blonde hair as an adult and green eyes, so it wasn't obvious that he was Med or Atlanto-Med.

There's also the fact that some Scandinavians have been described as de-pigmented Meds. Not all, of course, but a good number imo.

Of course, that's all any of this is, opinion. It's one of the few areas of the site where I allow myself to do that, because it's all in fun. :)
    Yes it is all in good fun

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-1b
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H-5a

Ethnic group
    New England

Quote Originally Posted by Menachem View Post
    I'd say Austro-Bavarian. Does this line up with what you know of your ancestry? Classifying is my forte, though people care way too much about it.
    I don't have any ancestry or dna from that area.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-1b
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H-5a

Ethnic group
    New England

I know what a Norid is and i definitely am not one of them.

Last edited by calf; 27-06-22 at 18:18.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1b2a2a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b7

Ethnic group
    Italian

That's what my wife looks like, but her DNA is typical of a central Italian.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-1b
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H-5a

Ethnic group
    New England

Attachment 13389

Definitely anti-Asiatic sentiment, even though there's nothing Asiatic about Norids or Dinarids.
    I am not prejudiced against any race , none at all. Is just that i dont have the features of the so called norid or dinaric. I don't think there is anything wrong with people that look like that type of look. I dont believe that there is a so called " dinirid" or " norid" race and i dont like classifying( I shouldn't have wrote to classify me) Besides I feel that anyone that doesn't have a tiny nose is always called a dinirid or norid despite having different features. Look at the features of these "norids" they have a very long chin, long face, also ,high brachycephalic and a forehead that slopes backwards flatly .I have measured my face and its medium length, nose is medium length and my skull is mesocephalic and i have a forehead that is more vertical,also i have a light slight squarish jaw chin with a cleft that norids dont have. I think asians look fine like any other race. I realize that the middle east is asia too . No disrespect i worded wrong my response.
    Last edited by calf; 27-06-22 at 18:23.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-1b
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H-5a

Ethnic group
    New England

Carlo Buti:

Rudolph Valentino:

Who is Welsh? And who is " he"? " He looks like an Italian singer of the 30s or 40s? You didn't say who you were talking about. Is the word "Med " mean "Mediterranean"? Thank you

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-1b
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H-5a

Ethnic group
    New England

Some more accurate photos.

Some more accurate photos.

You could pass quite easily as Flemish/Belgian. You remind me of someone (in front view). Though your eyes are a bit off and the midface is a bit too vertical or lengthy (for a Belgian)

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-1b
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H-5a

Ethnic group
    New England

Quote Originally Posted by Rico33 View Post
    You could pass quite easily as Flemish/Belgian. You remind me of someone (in front view). Though your eyes are a bit off and the midface is a bit too vertical or lengthy (for a Belgian)
    What do you mean by ,that my eyes are a bit it off?

What do you mean by ,that my eyes are a bit it off?

For typical Belgian, they are too Northeastern.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    I1-S12289
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H3aa

Ethnic group
    British

IMO this guy looks too Continental to be Scottish. Which part of Europe does he represent the most?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast