Thread: Guess my ethnicity

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-1b
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H-5a

Ethnic group
    New England

Quote Originally Posted by BillMC View Post
    IMO this guy looks too Continental to be Scottish. Which part of Europe does he represent the most?
    Why is this posted on my ethnicity? Maybe was a accident?

Sent from my LGL322DL using Tapatalk

Y-DNA haplogroup
    I1-S12289
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H3aa

Ethnic group
    British

Quote Originally Posted by calf View Post
    Why is this posted on my ethnicity? Maybe was a accident?

Sorry I was under the impression that this thread could include a multitude of different people. Please accept my apologies for not paying attention and I will put him in a separate thread.

I never realised that this was a sub forum. I was under the impression that it was a continuous thread.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-1b
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H-5a

Ethnic group
    New England

Quote Originally Posted by BillMC View Post
    Sorry I was under the impression that this thread could include a multitude of different people. Please accept my apologies for not paying attention and I will put him in a separate thread.

I never realised that this was a sub forum. I was under the impression that it was a continuous thread.
    Its ok ,no worries

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-1b
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H-5a

Ethnic group
    New England

Edit message
    Last edited by calf; 13-08-22 at 18:35.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-1b
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H-5a

Ethnic group
    New England

With a full head of hair ,where do I look common?

Last edited by calf; 13-08-22 at 18:36.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-1b
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H-5a

Ethnic group
    New England

Edit message
    Last edited by calf; 12-08-22 at 00:58.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-1b
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H-5a

Ethnic group
    New England

Quote Originally Posted by Rico33 View Post
    For typical Belgian, they are too Northeastern.
    What or where is northeastern located?

What or where is northeastern located?

Baltic countries.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-1b
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H-5a

Ethnic group
    New England

For typical Belgian, they are too Northeastern.
    I went on to my 23andme account and looked at my genetic data on my chromosomes and my double eyefold shape is influenced by east Asian genes. I have the genotype that goes with it. So i guess my eyes are not northeastern,they are east east..

I went on to my 23andme account and looked at my genetic data on my chromosomes and my double eyefold shape is influenced by east Asian genes. I have the genotype that goes with it. So i guess my eyes are not northeastern,they are east east..

They are because of the color. But people with eyelids like yours are actually quite common here too. Even inner folds, which I kind of have as well. Belgian people are rather small eyed people overall. The ones that are wide-eyed have it from an old Saxon influence that is common at the Dutch border, above Antwerp city mostly. They are kind of a vague sub group amongst Flemish people, and interestingly enough these people don't live in my appartement block.
    I usually can see the difference between East and West Europeans with almond eyes because of the overall difference in bone structure.

Attachment 13531
    Attachment 13532
    Attachment 13533
    Attachment 13534

As you see these Flemish people have rather almond shaped eyes.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-1b
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H-5a

Ethnic group
    New England

Attachment 13531
    Attachment 13532
    Attachment 13533
    Attachment 13534

As you see these Flemish people have rather almond shaped eyes.
    When i click on your attachments it sends me to the home page I can't see the Belgium photos. Can you make screenshots or something of them so i can see them please?

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-1b
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H-5a

Ethnic group
    New England

They are because of the color. But people with eyelids like yours are actually quite common here too. Even inner folds, which I kind of have as well. Belgian people are rather small eyed people overall. The ones that are wide-eyed have it from an old Saxon influence that is common at the Dutch border, above Antwerp city mostly. They are kind of a vague sub group amongst Flemish people, and interestingly enough these people don't live in my appartement block.
    I usually can see the difference between East and West Europeans with almond eyes because of the overall difference in bone structure.
    My eyes are blue. Probably hard to see in photos. But when i did a lookalike app years ago. All my lookalikes were from southeastern Europe(Serbia, Romania)Turkey,and more east.(seems where people in these forums usually say i look like I am from) I only have 1 small wisdom tooth and it wasn't painful when it came in ,I have a gene for lack of wisdom teeth that is common in east Asia. Also i have a gene that makes me sick fast when I drink alcohol and its 80 percent in east Asians( my family have always been against alcohol and i think i finally know why) .As well as i have a gene called ABCC11 that if your genotype is C/C you have strong body oder like most Caucasians. I carry the C/T version which is less body odor. Pure Koreans carry the T/T Version that means they have no body oder.

My eyes are blue. Probably hard to see in photos. But when i did a lookalike app years ago. All my lookalikes were from southeastern Europe(Serbia, Romania)Turkey,and more east.(seems where people in these forums usually say i look like I am from) I only have 1 small wisdom tooth and it wasn't painful when it came in ,I have a gene for lack of wisdom teeth that is common in east Asia. Also i have a gene that makes me sick fast when I drink alcohol and its 80 percent in east Asians( my family have always been against alcohol and i think i finally know why) .As well as i have a gene called ABCC11 that if your genotype is C/C you have strong body oder like most Caucasians. I carry the C/T version which is less body odor. Pure Koreans carry the T/T Version that means they have no body oder.

I don't have much information about my DNA, but I do lack strong body odor, have white/gray-ish earwax when i pick in my ear, I am lactose intolerant, I don't take alcohol very well, and something about my skull shape (as I have been told a few times), a vertical groove in my chest bone)
    I notice some other people here having straight hair that is brush-like when cut short, some lack body hair (I do grow body hair but I remove it because I don't think it fit my overall look), people with small front teeth (mine aren't too big either, but not so small). Certain skin tones maybe too..
    I wonder wether this is because of the same wave of migration in the past, or due to another group. I have been told people here have it from the Huns mostly...

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-1b
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H-5a

Ethnic group
    New England

I don't have much information about my DNA, but I do lack strong body odor, have white/gray-ish earwax when i pick in my ear, I am lactose intolerant, I don't take alcohol very well, and something about my skull shape (as I have been told a few times), a vertical groove in my chest bone)
    I notice some other people here having straight hair that is brush-like when cut short, some lack body hair (I do grow body hair but I remove it because I don't think it fit my overall look), people with small front teeth (mine aren't too big either, but not so small). Certain skin tones maybe too..
    I wonder wether this is because of the same wave of migration in the past, or due to another group. I have been told people here have it from the Huns mostly...
    Yes, there are examples of people that don't fit in well in the general population but do not have recent ancestry from a foreign group. Their phenotypes must have been from some ancient migration. I know that Belgium is supposed to have more strong migration of early European farmers than countries around it. Maybe farmers from Turkey in the past. My nose is not typical in northern Europe. It isn't dinaric( people obsessed with Dinaric noses) or north European, But more like middle Eastern. Most have flat nostrils that are " perfect" shaped ( European Americans) Yes i think also the huns and khan immigrated into many areas of Europe but i think they mostly went into eastern parts of Europe.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-1b
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H-5a

Ethnic group
    New England

Do you have a photo of you that you could post? Are you already " classified" or in this group with a photo?

Do you have a photo of you that you could post? Are you already " classified" or in this group with a photo?

I prefer not to post my face publicly.
    But I'll show TV personalities.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Paul...ih=609&dpr=1.5

https://www.google.com/search?q=sela...yZhkXCIG6otkSM

https://www.google.com/search?q=tobb...h=609&biw=1280

https://www.google.com/search?q=de+w..._wJULglICKGrxM

https://www.google.com/search?q=flip...h=609&biw=1280

https://www.google.com/search?q=bart...h=609&biw=1280

https://www.google.com/search?q=bart...ih=609&dpr=1.5

https://www.google.com/search?q=luc+...ih=609&dpr=1.5

Some show the influece more than others. Though this doesn't make them particularly east European looking (to my opinion)

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-1b
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H-5a

Ethnic group
    New England

They have a unique look because of their eyes, especially compared to European Americans. Are they average looking Belgium people? One of the guys resembles my uncle a little.

They have a unique look because of their eyes, especially compared to European Americans. Are they average looking Belgium people? One of the guys resembles my uncle a little.

Quite average. Famous people for some reason tend to lean towards this type, I have no idea why the more "Saxon" types are less represented. But those Saxon types are concentrated at the Dutch border and North of Antwerp. In Verviers, Wallonia, are supposedly more blonde people as well for some reason.

Belgian "Saxon" types:
    https://www.google.com/search?q=anne...ih=609&dpr=1.5

https://www.google.com/search?q=anne...h=609&biw=1280

I guess people are mostly between those two extremes.
    Tho I tend to think most people lean towards the first set I posted, as they were easier to come up with...

Children often start as blonde, ending up brunette during puberty. That's also when their noses start to develop...

Of course, there are also people that stay blonde, but with the bone structure of my first set of examples. That is also very typical here.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-1b
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H-5a

Ethnic group
    New England

Quite average. Famous people for some reason tend to lean towards this type, I have no idea why the more "Saxon" types are less represented. But those Saxon types are concentrated at the Dutch border and North of Antwerp. In Verviers, Wallonia, are supposedly more blonde people as well for some reason.

Belgian "Saxon" types:
    https://www.google.com/search?q=anne...ih=609&dpr=1.5

I guess people are mostly between those two extremes.
    Tho I tend to think most people lean towards the first set I posted, as they were easier to come up with...

Children often start as blonde, ending up brunette during puberty. That's also when their noses start to develop...

Of course, there are also people that stay blonde, but with the bone structure of my first set of examples. That is also very typical here.
    The Saxon types are definitely more common in the USA than the Belgium types.In my opinion. Maybe not so blond , as adults ,but their faces are common

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123