Thread: Guess my ethnicity

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-1b
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H-5a

Ethnic group
    New England

Guess my ethnicity

Please guess what country in Europe I pass and classify. I have dark blond hair and blue eyes, I am 6 Feet 1 inch tall and about 180 pounds
    Last edited by calf; 13-05-22 at 22:09.

Elite member

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b - L21/S145*
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H3c

Ethnic group
    more celtic

Basically, for bones, the 'mediter' element comes first IMO. The cranial anterior profile is uneasy to distinguish between 'nordic' and 'mediter';seems mesocephalic, so "unpure" (LOL) - the brachycephalic input seems rather posterior so a bit 'dinaric-like' ? - very unsure; the rather long and narrow (according to angles and pics) face is more 'mediter' in a general sense, with light, low, mean-to-narrow jaw, and less narrow cheekbones (bizygomatic) spite they are not strong - the long nose seems to me rather 'mediterlike', fleshy speaking (no 'indo-afghan' influence) spite not pure - as I'm not sure there is no direct link between bony nose and fleshy nose, I wonder if this (not rare in Europe) kind of nose would not have been frequent among EEF, spite their shortness bony speaking with long space between bony nose and superior teeth? Your eyelids (higher outside) seem to me more common in eastern Europe than in West but... ATW they are not 'finn-like'. Sorry I cannot do better for a mixed form (mixtures so common among us, even at the external phenotypic level). ATW no evident traces of one of the typical robust spite dissimilar "types" inherited from Paleo- and Mesolithic periods in Europe -
    Concerning geographic origin, broadly said, your are not amazing among Balkans, Ukraina, maybe Central Europe, but elsewhere too; maybe Askhenaze Jew, but this label doesn't say a lot, they are so mixed sometimes. Not first choice for Scandinavian, Finns and Northern pops of today Europe, not more first choice for typical Southern European people.
    But pics are pics, not measures, and I'm not so good at individual ethnic guesses. Others could say better than me.
    Do notice I maid here more 'typology' for it's worth, than ethnicity guess. Sorry. Ethnicity is not alway tightly linked to phenotype.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    I1a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H5a1a

Ethnic group
    Germanic

The pics dont look blue eyed, maybe due to bad lighting. Your eyes appear brown. This makes it harder to guess. My first impression was a fishermen from Northern France. But this is maybe a bad illusion, due to your narrow eye distance, that is generally a Neolithic trait. You could also be some kind of slavic population (Somewhere between Balkans and Black Sea) with some Neolithic traits. Your height would point more to a Balkan country near Italy.

Ethnic group
    Italian

You could definitely pass in Italy, but I think you have the kind of face which can definitely and perhaps more frequently appears outside the Mediterranean proper.

The biggest difference is that he has a broader jaw, although the eyes are slightly different as well. The way the people on anthrofora throw around the word "Dinaric", his nose alone would make him more "Dinaric" than you. Btw, that's how my skull would look. Thank God for thick hair. :)

Non si fa il proprio dovere perchè qualcuno ci dica grazie, lo si fa per principio, per se stessi, per la propria dignità. Oriana Fallaci

Elite member

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b - L21/S145*
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H3c

Ethnic group
    more celtic

None of both have a 'dinaric' nose, none.
    The English prince shows how crossings of skulls and faces can be spotty: an allover dolichocephalic man as it's frequent among English people (more than among "Celts"), so kind of 'nordic' + 'mediter' or rather 'atlanto-mediter', but a jaw inherited from his dead mum Diana Spencer whose I ignore the cranial proportions but who could have been more mesocephalic. Hard destiny for her, that said.

Banned

Ethnic group
    swiss,italian

from the front i'd say italian. but everything together i'd say you are from south eastern europe, maybe serbian.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    J2b2-L283/J-Y197198

Baltic or East Slavic?
    Reminds me of a fellow I knew.
    “Man cannot live without a permanent trust in something indestructible in himself, and at the same time that indestructible something as well as his trust in it may remain permanently concealed from him.”

Franz Kafka

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-1b
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H-5a

Ethnic group
    New England

Thanks for the polite guesses . My ancestry is entirely from Northern Europe. Danish, English, Swedish.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-1b
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H-5a

Ethnic group
    New England

Quote Originally Posted by Doggerland View Post
    The pics dont look blue eyed, maybe due to bad lighting. Your eyes appear brown. This makes it harder to guess. My first impression was a fishermen from Northern France. But this is maybe a bad illusion, due to your narrow eye distance, that is generally a Neolithic trait. You could also be some kind of slavic population (Somewhere between Balkans and Black Sea) with some Neolithic traits. Your height would point more to a Balkan country near Italy.
    Yes ,it was bad lighting.

Sent from my LGL322DL using Tapatalk

Elite member

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b - L21/S145*
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H3c

Ethnic group
    more celtic

You have not a typical type of Northern Europe, speaking of bones. It could pass more easily among English people (as element of the mix) than among Scandinavians, I even saw a man in Färö Islands with this kind of face but it's rather exceptional and they have there some evident mix of diverse british inputs...

Elite member

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b - L21/S145*
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H3c

Ethnic group
    more celtic

That said 'nordic' is a northern less gracile variant of a 'mediter' type with drift + maybe some light inputs inherited from northern HG's. Coon thought it was a mix of his 'danubian' basically 'basic mediter' with his 'corded' (robust dolicho not too well described by himself, already a mix in my opinion). The example he showed for his ancient 'corded' was more ruggishly profiled than the description he made for the 'corded' element he saw among modern pop's of Northern Europe, who check better the pics I posted in a thread here (long faces with high chin but rather narrow bizygomatics and steepy temporals)

Ethnic group
    Italian

Quote Originally Posted by calf View Post
    Thanks for the polite guesses . My ancestry is entirely from Northern Europe. Danish, English, Swedish.
    Like Prince William, although I'm not positive about the Swedish. :)

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-1b
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H-5a

Ethnic group
    New England

Edited this message
    Last edited by calf; 17-05-22 at 06:11.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-1b
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H-5a

Ethnic group
    New England

Quote Originally Posted by MOESAN View Post
    You have not a typical type of Northern Europe, speaking of bones. It could pass more easily among English people (as element of the mix) than among Scandinavians, I even saw a man in Färö Islands with this kind of face but it's rather exceptional and they have there some evident mix of diverse british inputs...
    Faroe islands people are a mix of Scandinavian and British isles people. Do you have a photo of that man that looks similar to me?

Yes ,it was bad lighting.

I'm also Swedish and in the first pictures I wouldn't guess you're Swedish but more Finnish. But this picture, which aren't particularly good, but it's showing more colours, and that would look Swedish. I was late on this.

Sent from my SM-T870 using Tapatalk

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-1b
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H-5a

Ethnic group
    New England

Quote Originally Posted by Mordred View Post
    I'm also Swedish and in the first pictures I wouldn't guess you're Swedish but more Finnish. But this picture, which aren't particularly good, but it's showing more colours, and that would look Swedish. I was late on this.

Thank you. I don't have a good camera on my phone.Nice that you are from Sweden .I would like to visit there. Here are some more photos if you can say if my face is common in Sweden or not? Or a Finland / Sweden hybrid look?

Thank you. I don't have a good camera on my phone.Nice that you are from Sweden .I would like to visit there. Here are some more photos if you can say if my face is common in Sweden or not? Or a Finland / Sweden hybrid look?

I'd say you would fit quite easily as a normal Joe. My personal opinion is that you have some Danish and at the same time some Finnish.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-1b
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H-5a

Ethnic group
    New England

I'd say you would fit quite easily as a normal Joe. My personal opinion is that you have some Danish and at the same time some Finnish.

I dont understand what you mean ,about that " you would fit quite easily as a normal Joe" ? A normal Joe in Sweden? Sorry to bother you. Just curious so much. Thanks

I dont understand what you mean ,about that " you would fit quite easily as a normal Joe" ? A normal Joe in Sweden? Sorry to bother you. Just curious so much. Thanks

yeah. We call it "medelsvensson" here. Which means an ordinary Swedish guy (or woman). It's just another word for average Joe.

You don't bother me, just ask if you're interested.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-1b
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H-5a

Ethnic group
    New England

yeah. We call it "medelsvensson" here. Which means an ordinary Swedish guy (or woman). It's just another word for average Joe.

You don't bother me, just ask if you're interested.

Thanks ,I have never been called an average joe before. In the USA it usually means a man that has a big stomach and drinks a lot of beer and a little lazy

Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 - Y79536
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H95a

Ethnic group
    North East Italian

Please guess what country in Europe I pass and classify. I have dark blond hair and blue eyes, I am 6 Feet 1 inch tall and about 180 pounds

Angola african
    Fathers mtdna ...... T2b17
    Grandfather paternal mtdna ... T1a1e
    Sons mtdna ...... K1a4p
    Mothers line ..... R1b-S8172
    Grandmother paternal side ... I1-CTS6397
    Wife paternal line ..... R1a-PF6155

"Fear profits man, nothing"

Thanks ,I have never been called an average joe before. In the USA it usually means a man that has a big stomach and drinks a lot of beer and a little lazy

it's a little bit of here as well. A "medelsvensson" in Sweden is a part of the 3 "V" (the letter V). It stands for Volvo, Villa and Vovve. The expression of "medelsvensson" comes from Medel (middle or average) and the surname Svensson. The Volvo is of course the car he drives, Villa is the house he has and Vovve means a dog. Thre 3 V's. The expression can also be used in a derogatory way, depending on how you say it and who says it.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-1b
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H-5a

Ethnic group
    New England

Quote Originally Posted by torzio View Post
    Angola african
    Yeah ,That's cool mate.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-1b
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H-5a

Ethnic group
    New England

it's a little bit of here as well. A "medelsvensson" in Sweden is a part of the 3 "V" (the letter V). It stands for Volvo, Villa and Vovve. The expression of "medelsvensson" comes from Medel (middle or average) and the surname Svensson. The Volvo is of course the car he drives, Villa is the house he has and Vovve means a dog. Thre 3 V's. The expression can also be used in a derogatory way, depending on how you say it and who says it.

We also have a saying in the USA . Keeping up with the Joneses. Jones is a common name in the USA and its about trying to have more money or bigger cars than the neighbors. I don't like this lifestyle .

Elite member

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b - L21/S145*
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H3c

Ethnic group
    more celtic

Faroe islands people are a mix of Scandinavian and British isles people. Do you have a photo of that man that looks similar to me?

This man I spoke of has roughly the same kind of face, marking IMO a classical 'mediter' look, but he has a more receding forehead and a nose closer to what we find with some eastern 'mediter' (some accretions style "indo-afghan" of old times?
    But I cannot send you a picture because everytime I trie it it goes to hell. Sorry. I have to improve my skills!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast