Guess my ethnicity

Please guess what country in Europe I pass and classify. I have dark blond hair and blue eyes, I am 6 Feet 1 inch tall and about 180 pounds
ecfb18aaebbbc1271ba70f178e5cafae.jpg
7287bad17dd7422a21195df2b7d10fba.jpg
2ca4101d91b79a29103c9cafd560a47b.jpg
0074c775f8d22c13e0da7ea446657f20.jpg
3f7b49945dc607e529a859b3a0350cc0.jpg
93febad3e82ae8ed5b3b1bf9e5584b7a.jpg
7ce2d20181b41c6d6c98576359acda9a.jpg
3a1ef1569d7674ad52311168a675b547.jpg
efbacc3b496cb8d93c5a415f2c3baf08.jpg
7e8bc87b9e27b6f0197b3ae86ebf1540.jpg
8e4185bd12130d3ad6e5876f35974ac9.jpg
87a585592045982dfc0d69eb916e4d36.jpg

Angola african

[emoji1][emoji1] Thanks ,I have never been called an average joe before. In the USA it usually means a man that has a big stomach and drinks a lot of beer and a little lazy [emoji1][emoji1][emoji1]

Sent from my LGL322DL using Tapatalk
[emoji16][emoji16] it's a little bit of here as well. A "medelsvensson" in Sweden is a part of the 3 "V" (the letter V). It stands for Volvo, Villa and Vovve. The expression of "medelsvensson" comes from Medel (middle or average) and the surname Svensson. The Volvo is of course the car he drives, Villa is the house he has and Vovve means a dog. Thre 3 V's. The expression can also be used in a derogatory way, depending on how you say it and who says it.

Sent from my SM-T870 using Tapatalk

[emoji16][emoji16] it's a little bit of here as well. A "medelsvensson" in Sweden is a part of the 3 "V" (the letter V). It stands for Volvo, Villa and Vovve. The expression of "medelsvensson" comes from Medel (middle or average) and the surname Svensson. The Volvo is of course the car he drives, Villa is the house he has and Vovve means a dog. Thre 3 V's. The expression can also be used in a derogatory way, depending on how you say it and who says it.

We also have a saying in the USA . Keeping up with the Joneses. Jones is a common name in the USA and its about trying to have more money or bigger cars than the neighbors. I don't like this lifestyle .

Faroe islands people are a mix of Scandinavian and British isles people. Do you have a photo of that man that looks similar to me?

This man I spoke of has roughly the same kind of face, marking IMO a classical 'mediter' look, but he has a more receding forehead and a nose closer to what we find with some eastern 'mediter' (some accretions style "indo-afghan" of old times?
But I cannot send you a picture because everytime I trie it it goes to hell. Sorry. I have to improve my skills!

This man I spoke of has roughly the same kind of face, marking IMO a classical 'mediter' look, but he has a more receding forehead and a nose closer to what we find with some eastern 'mediter' (some accretions style "indo-afghan" of old times?
But I cannot send you a picture because everytime I trie it it goes to hell. Sorry. I have to improve my skills!
It's ok. Have you made a screenshot photo? And then you try to send it here? I tried to send some photo ,and one photo would not send untill i sent a different photo first,then after that it worked,to send the original photo.

I'd say you would fit quite easily as a normal Joe. My personal opinion is that you have some Danish and at the same time some Finnish.

Is it possible to say what physical features i have that look Danish and which look Finnish? Also you said that i look medelsvensson,( average joe[emoji481]) does that mean that a lot of Swedish people look like a average between Danish and Finnish people? Thanks[emoji3]

Basically, for bones, the 'mediter' element comes first IMO. The cranial anterior profile is uneasy to distinguish between 'nordic' and 'mediter';seems mesocephalic, so "unpure" (LOL) - the brachycephalic input seems rather posterior so a bit 'dinaric-like' ? - very unsure; the rather long and narrow (according to angles and pics) face is more 'mediter' in a general sense, with light, low, mean-to-narrow jaw, and less narrow cheekbones (bizygomatic) spite they are not strong - the long nose seems to me rather 'mediterlike', fleshy speaking (no 'indo-afghan' influence) spite not pure - as I'm not sure there is no direct link between bony nose and fleshy nose, I wonder if this (not rare in Europe) kind of nose would not have been frequent among EEF, spite their shortness bony speaking with long space between bony nose and superior teeth? Your eyelids (higher outside) seem to me more common in eastern Europe than in West but... ATW they are not 'finn-like'. Sorry I cannot do better for a mixed form (mixtures so common among us, even at the external phenotypic level). ATW no evident traces of one of the typical robust spite dissimilar "types" inherited from Paleo- and Mesolithic periods in Europe -
Concerning geographic origin, broadly said, your are not amazing among Balkans, Ukraina, maybe Central Europe, but elsewhere too; maybe Askhenaze Jew, but this label doesn't say a lot, they are so mixed sometimes. Not first choice for Scandinavian, Finns and Northern pops of today Europe, not more first choice for typical Southern European people.
But pics are pics, not measures, and I'm not so good at individual ethnic guesses. Others could say better than me.
Do notice I maid here more 'typology' for it's worth, than ethnicity guess. Sorry. Ethnicity is not alway tightly linked to phenotype.
Can you tell me if my phenotype is from Early European Farmers?

Can you tell me if my phenotype is from Early European Farmers?

Sorry for the late answer. You put too much confidence in my knowledge.
About first European farmers I have only verbal description of COON, they are centred on his 'danubian' type, supposed to be close enough to the first Anatolian farmers passed into Europe, a selection of a part of Catal Höyük people; would it be based on LBK og Hungary? For these last ones I have only measures of skull.
the type was rather smooth 'mediter', with rather frontal face, almost vertical forehead, and very high skull compared to length and breadth. I lack skull pictures.
These types share some common features with true gracile 'mediter' types: small oval face, rather light chin, subdolichocephally or dolichocephally. Your rather rounded broad occipital region could be of the type too, without too much certainty.
You are not far from this kind of model, but it is still general, I cannot say more.

You have some facial similarities to my reconstructions of AnatoliaHG/Early Neolithic and Funnel Beaker, because of your narrow eye distance and wide vomer(Nasal Bone) to eye distance:

3f7b49945dc607e529a859b3a0350cc0.jpg

More of what I think of when I think of a "Med" face on a man. Had I not known who it was I would not have guessed Welsh. He looks like an Italian singer of the 30s or 40s or an opera singer to me. A bit of a Rudolph Valentino vibe too. They sold postcards of his face. :)

ad693597ed74d4dc9b014491f8a30270.jpg

Carlo Buti:
resize.aspx

Like Ronald Coleman and Barrymore (called "The Nose"), he did love taking profile pictures to show off his nose.

19th-june-1926-welsh-actor-dramatist-and-composer-ivor-novello-at-the-picture-id3070019

Rudolph Valentino:
card01031_fr.jpg

In this last picture maybe a bit of Louis Jourdain?

600full-ivor-novello.jpg

A stronger jaw and chin in Jordain, altogether too manly, I suppose. My mother just adored him in every role he played. :)
louis-jourdan%2B%25287%2529.jpg

More of what I think of when I think of a "Med" face on a man. Had I not known who it was I would not have guessed Welsh. He looks like an Italian singer of the 30s or 40s or an opera singer to me. A bit of a Rudolph Valentino vibe too. They sold postcards of his face. :)

Carlo Buti:
resize.aspx

Like Ronald Coleman and Barrymore (called "The Nose"), he did love taking profile pictures to show off his nose.

19th-june-1926-welsh-actor-dramatist-and-composer-ivor-novello-at-the-picture-id3070019

Rudolph Valentino:
card01031_fr.jpg

600full-ivor-novello.jpg

A stronger jaw and chin in Jordain, altogether too manly, I suppose. My mother just adored him in every role he played. :)

How could I forget Marco Mengoni. You don't get more "Med" than this, imo.

It's hard to find a picture of his beautiful face without a beard covering it all up. It's a beautiful beard, but leave it for men who need a bit of covering up of something. :)

tumblr_mst93sHfMg1si153eo1_500.jpg

ce278d555f5b8a326060994dd53ba754.jpg
marco-mengoni.jpg

Sorry for the late answer. You put too much confidence in my knowledge.
About first European farmers I have only verbal description of COON, they are centred on his 'danubian' type, supposed to be close enough to the first Anatolian farmers passed into Europe, a selection of a part of Catal Höyük people; would it be based on LBK og Hungary? For these last ones I have only measures of skull.
the type was rather smooth 'mediter', with rather frontal face, almost vertical forehead, and very high skull compared to length and breadth. I lack skull pictures.
These types share some common features with true gracile 'mediter' types: small oval face, rather light chin, subdolichocephally or dolichocephally. Your rather rounded broad occipital region could be of the type too, without too much certainty.
You are not far from this kind of model, but it is still general, I cannot say more.
Thank you.I appreciate your knowledge!

You have some facial similarities to my reconstructions of AnatoliaHG/Early Neolithic and Funnel Beaker, because of your narrow eye distance and wide vomer(Nasal Bone) to eye distance:

View attachment 13383
Yes, they seem to have my dimensions,thanks! And funnel beakers ,they were a neolithic culture that lived in Scandinavia / Germany area?

Carlo Buti:
resize.aspx

Rudolph Valentino:
card01031_fr.jpg

600full-ivor-novello.jpg

Are these examples of what Mediterranean facial types look like ? Or are they examples of my facial dimensions or both?

How could I forget Marco Mengoni. You don't get more "Med" than this, imo.

It's hard to find a picture of his beautiful face without a beard covering it all up. It's a beautiful beard, but leave it for men who need a bit of covering up of something. :)

tumblr_mst93sHfMg1si153eo1_500.jpg

ce278d555f5b8a326060994dd53ba754.jpg
marco-mengoni.jpg
Im trying to compare photos of these Mediterranean people to my photos and they do seem to have my facial measurements,but because i have light coloring and thin hair it is hard to tell.

Im trying to compare photos of these Mediterranean people to my photos and they do seem to have my facial measurements,but because i have light coloring and thin hair it is hard to tell.

It's sort of a mantra of mine that pigmentation can be very misleading at times. My father was a Marco Mengoni "type", but he had dirty blonde hair as an adult and green eyes, so it wasn't obvious that he was Med or Atlanto-Med.

There's also the fact that some Scandinavians have been described as de-pigmented Meds. Not all, of course, but a good number imo.

Of course, that's all any of this is, opinion. It's one of the few areas of the site where I allow myself to do that, because it's all in fun. :)

Edit message

Last edited:
Edit message

Last edited:
It's sort of a mantra of mine that pigmentation can be very misleading at times. My father was a Marco Mengoni "type", but he had dirty blonde hair as an adult and green eyes, so it wasn't obvious that he was Med or Atlanto-Med.

There's also the fact that some Scandinavians have been described as de-pigmented Meds. Not all, of course, but a good number imo.

Of course, that's all any of this is, opinion. It's one of the few areas of the site where I allow myself to do that, because it's all in fun. :)
Yes it is all in good fun [emoji3]

This thread has been viewed 12750 times.

Back