calf

Reaction score
Ethnic group
New England
Y-DNA haplogroup
R-1b
mtDNA haplogroup
H-5a
Please guess what country in Europe I pass and classify. I have dark blond hair and blue eyes, I am 6 Feet 1 inch tall and about 180 pounds
ecfb18aaebbbc1271ba70f178e5cafae.jpg
7287bad17dd7422a21195df2b7d10fba.jpg
2ca4101d91b79a29103c9cafd560a47b.jpg
0074c775f8d22c13e0da7ea446657f20.jpg
3f7b49945dc607e529a859b3a0350cc0.jpg
93febad3e82ae8ed5b3b1bf9e5584b7a.jpg
7ce2d20181b41c6d6c98576359acda9a.jpg
3a1ef1569d7674ad52311168a675b547.jpg
efbacc3b496cb8d93c5a415f2c3baf08.jpg
7e8bc87b9e27b6f0197b3ae86ebf1540.jpg
8e4185bd12130d3ad6e5876f35974ac9.jpg
87a585592045982dfc0d69eb916e4d36.jpg

Last edited:
Basically, for bones, the 'mediter' element comes first IMO. The cranial anterior profile is uneasy to distinguish between 'nordic' and 'mediter';seems mesocephalic, so "unpure" (LOL) - the brachycephalic input seems rather posterior so a bit 'dinaric-like' ? - very unsure; the rather long and narrow (according to angles and pics) face is more 'mediter' in a general sense, with light, low, mean-to-narrow jaw, and less narrow cheekbones (bizygomatic) spite they are not strong - the long nose seems to me rather 'mediterlike', fleshy speaking (no 'indo-afghan' influence) spite not pure - as I'm not sure there is no direct link between bony nose and fleshy nose, I wonder if this (not rare in Europe) kind of nose would not have been frequent among EEF, spite their shortness bony speaking with long space between bony nose and superior teeth? Your eyelids (higher outside) seem to me more common in eastern Europe than in West but... ATW they are not 'finn-like'. Sorry I cannot do better for a mixed form (mixtures so common among us, even at the external phenotypic level). ATW no evident traces of one of the typical robust spite dissimilar "types" inherited from Paleo- and Mesolithic periods in Europe -
Concerning geographic origin, broadly said, your are not amazing among Balkans, Ukraina, maybe Central Europe, but elsewhere too; maybe Askhenaze Jew, but this label doesn't say a lot, they are so mixed sometimes. Not first choice for Scandinavian, Finns and Northern pops of today Europe, not more first choice for typical Southern European people.
But pics are pics, not measures, and I'm not so good at individual ethnic guesses. Others could say better than me.
Do notice I maid here more 'typology' for it's worth, than ethnicity guess. Sorry. Ethnicity is not alway tightly linked to phenotype.

The pics dont look blue eyed, maybe due to bad lighting. Your eyes appear brown. This makes it harder to guess. My first impression was a fishermen from Northern France. But this is maybe a bad illusion, due to your narrow eye distance, that is generally a Neolithic trait. You could also be some kind of slavic population (Somewhere between Balkans and Black Sea) with some Neolithic traits. Your height would point more to a Balkan country near Italy.

You could definitely pass in Italy, but I think you have the kind of face which can definitely and perhaps more frequently appears outside the Mediterranean proper.
ecfb18aaebbbc1271ba70f178e5cafae.jpg
prince_william_2c_duke_of_cambridge_e2c97833_large.jpg

The biggest difference is that he has a broader jaw, although the eyes are slightly different as well. The way the people on anthrofora throw around the word "Dinaric", his nose alone would make him more "Dinaric" than you. Btw, that's how my skull would look. Thank God for thick hair. :)

prince-william-new-haicut-1516286164.jpg

None of both have a 'dinaric' nose, none.
The English prince shows how crossings of skulls and faces can be spotty: an allover dolichocephalic man as it's frequent among English people (more than among "Celts"), so kind of 'nordic' + 'mediter' or rather 'atlanto-mediter', but a jaw inherited from his dead mum Diana Spencer whose I ignore the cranial proportions but who could have been more mesocephalic. Hard destiny for her, that said.

from the front i'd say italian. but everything together i'd say you are from south eastern europe, maybe serbian.

Baltic or East Slavic?
Reminds me of a fellow I knew.

Thanks for the polite guesses [emoji846]. My ancestry is entirely from Northern Europe. Danish, English, Swedish.

The pics dont look blue eyed, maybe due to bad lighting. Your eyes appear brown. This makes it harder to guess. My first impression was a fishermen from Northern France. But this is maybe a bad illusion, due to your narrow eye distance, that is generally a Neolithic trait. You could also be some kind of slavic population (Somewhere between Balkans and Black Sea) with some Neolithic traits. Your height would point more to a Balkan country near Italy.
Yes ,it was bad lighting.
aab262e66c7ce76cd458a88ae978cc78.jpg

Sent from my LGL322DL using Tapatalk

You have not a typical type of Northern Europe, speaking of bones. It could pass more easily among English people (as element of the mix) than among Scandinavians, I even saw a man in Färö Islands with this kind of face but it's rather exceptional and they have there some evident mix of diverse british inputs...

That said 'nordic' is a northern less gracile variant of a 'mediter' type with drift + maybe some light inputs inherited from northern HG's. Coon thought it was a mix of his 'danubian' basically 'basic mediter' with his 'corded' (robust dolicho not too well described by himself, already a mix in my opinion). The example he showed for his ancient 'corded' was more ruggishly profiled than the description he made for the 'corded' element he saw among modern pop's of Northern Europe, who check better the pics I posted in a thread here (long faces with high chin but rather narrow bizygomatics and steepy temporals)

Thanks for the polite guesses [emoji846]. My ancestry is entirely from Northern Europe. Danish, English, Swedish.

Like Prince William, although I'm not positive about the Swedish. :)

Edited this message

Last edited:
You have not a typical type of Northern Europe, speaking of bones. It could pass more easily among English people (as element of the mix) than among Scandinavians, I even saw a man in Färö Islands with this kind of face but it's rather exceptional and they have there some evident mix of diverse british inputs...
Faroe islands people are a mix of Scandinavian and British isles people. Do you have a photo of that man that looks similar to me?

Yes ,it was bad lighting.
aab262e66c7ce76cd458a88ae978cc78.jpg

I'm also Swedish and in the first pictures I wouldn't guess you're Swedish but more Finnish. But this picture, which aren't particularly good, but it's showing more colours, and that would look Swedish. I was late on this.

Sent from my SM-T870 using Tapatalk

I'm also Swedish and in the first pictures I wouldn't guess you're Swedish but more Finnish. But this picture, which aren't particularly good, but it's showing more colours, and that would look Swedish. I was late on this.

Thank you. I don't have a good camera on my phone.Nice that you are from Sweden .I would like to visit there. Here are some more photos if you can say if my face is common in Sweden or not? Or a Finland / Sweden hybrid look?
d72a6ed662df03c141fb03df4c9e0bd5.jpg
ce3f58f83a0e94392ef7c57b1199612e.jpg
2ff11924f4563f77348a38542afdfda3.jpg

Thank you. I don't have a good camera on my phone.Nice that you are from Sweden .I would like to visit there. Here are some more photos if you can say if my face is common in Sweden or not? Or a Finland / Sweden hybrid look?
d72a6ed662df03c141fb03df4c9e0bd5.jpg
ce3f58f83a0e94392ef7c57b1199612e.jpg
2ff11924f4563f77348a38542afdfda3.jpg

I'd say you would fit quite easily as a normal Joe. My personal opinion is that you have some Danish and at the same time some Finnish.

I'd say you would fit quite easily as a normal Joe. My personal opinion is that you have some Danish and at the same time some Finnish.

I dont understand what you mean ,about that " you would fit quite easily as a normal Joe" ? A normal Joe in Sweden? Sorry to bother you. Just curious so much. Thanks[emoji3]

I dont understand what you mean ,about that " you would fit quite easily as a normal Joe" ? A normal Joe in Sweden? Sorry to bother you. Just curious so much. Thanks[emoji3]

[emoji1] yeah. We call it "medelsvensson" here. Which means an ordinary Swedish guy (or woman). It's just another word for average Joe.

You don't bother me, just ask if you're interested.

[emoji1] yeah. We call it "medelsvensson" here. Which means an ordinary Swedish guy (or woman). It's just another word for average Joe.

You don't bother me, just ask if you're interested.

[emoji1][emoji1] Thanks ,I have never been called an average joe before. In the USA it usually means a man that has a big stomach and drinks a lot of beer and a little lazy [emoji1][emoji1][emoji1]

This thread has been viewed 12712 times.

Back