Guess my racial background

Its me

Reaction score
Ethnic group
I guess somewhere in the Alpha Centauri
View attachment 13272View attachment 13273View attachment 13274View attachment 13275
Hello people.Father comes from eastern Thrace (relatives say they were from either Andianoupoli or Redestos ).They were expelled from there in the early 1900s due to the Greco Turkish war,from what i know my grandgrandparents were part of the Greeck populus there.After asking some relatives from my fathers side there doesnt seem to have been at least in the last few generations Pontids,Armenians or Turks and i say doesnt seem because before the late 1800 i dont have any solid info.Mother comes from Albania and possibly had ancestors in either Slavic countries or central Europe judging by some pictures of relatives i found.Skin is ussualy just a bit fairer but once summers or spring starts and i spend time outside the color is that of the picture.
The guy on the right is my grandfathers youngest brother (from my fathers side) that was a war veteran in Cyprus and had aired some times on TV.
All opinions accepted of course in the end we cant change what we are so lets get going shall we ?

For some reason i cant see the images i uploaded if you have the same issue let me know.If you know why that is let me know,im new to this forum after all :)

For some reason i cant see the images i uploaded if you have the same issue let me know.If you know why that is let me know,im new to this forum after all :)

I can see them fine.

View attachment 13272View attachment 13273View attachment 13274View attachment 13275
Hello people.Father comes from eastern Thrace (relatives say they were from either Andianoupoli or Redestos ).They were expelled from there in the early 1900s due to the Greco Turkish war,from what i know my grandgrandparents were part of the Greeck populus there.After asking some relatives from my fathers side there doesnt seem to have been at least in the last few generations Pontids,Armenians or Turks and i say doesnt seem because before the late 1800 i dont have any solid info.Mother comes from Albania and possibly had ancestors in either Slavic countries or central Europe judging by some pictures of relatives i found.Skin is ussualy just a bit fairer but once summers or spring starts and i spend time outside the color is that of the picture.
The guy on the right is my grandfathers youngest brother (from my fathers side) that was a war veteran in Cyprus and had aired some times on TV.
All opinions accepted of course in the end we cant change what we are so lets get going shall we ?

Is your mother Albanian or Arvanite?

View attachment 13277View attachment 13278 Well i had not seen these pictures in years.I may be wrong about the slav ? I dont know anything but broad terms and i came here mostly because you people can categorize almost everything.Apart from that im really busy everyday and dont have time to properly study races and anthropological terms.I also feel somewhat bad for sharing this personal stuff but these people no longer live so i guess no harm will come out of it.

On the last two pictures,on the first one the couple is my grandmother and grandfather and the guy behind them is a great grand father,while on the second picture the man on the right is my grandfather and on his left his mother

Both of these of course from my mothers side (boy i wish this forum would allow me to edit my posts)

Your grandfather and his mother are good looking people. He seems to have lighter hair.

As an aside, both of my parents families came from the Eastern Thrace area. My father from the town of Gaup and the other from Duyanji. Both towns kinda of across the Evros river from Soufli, both northeast of Soufli.

Last edited:
"end we cant change what we are"

I like this comment very much. That's actually why life can be interesting and beautiful. How fun would it be if everyone looked the same, not fun at all.

Coming back to the topic. From the pictures you provided I had a first moment where I thought "look a dark haired Viking". And in all honesty Vikings were also dark haired, I don't know who created the All Vikings are blonde myth, bur it's false.

I don't think you look like your parents, or it just maybe the pictures that are old and not perfect. To me your phenotype could be found in any European country, and you give a bit of a Welsh vibe.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Tapatalk

On the last two pictures,on the first one the couple is my grandmother and grandfather and the guy behind them is a great grand father,while on the second picture the man on the right is my grandfather and on his left his mother

Thanks for the compliment man.He had barely blond hair but all of his children had fair characteristics.My aunt for example is full ginger with green eyes and all of her children,my cousins,have blond hair and all of my cousins children have them too.My mother is half blond half brown in hair and light eyes and my 2 other uncles have one blond hair and the other brown.
On the contrary almost all relatives from my fathers side have darker characteristics apart from the skin which is either a bit more light than that on my pictures or a bit more tanned.For the most part ive inherited my fathers colors and face shape.I will try to find some pictures were im younger and with no facial hair.
Redestos is the most eastern part of Thrace while Andianoupoli is in the northern part.Most propably though Redestos is where they resided because i think some relative of mine found some sort of hotel my great grandfathers had there that was still standing and at least on some places had the same furniture from 19th century ! Of course at this point it was run by other people.

"end we cant change what we are"

I like this comment very much. That's actually why life can be interesting and beautiful. How fun would it be if everyone looked the same, not fun at all.

Coming back to the topic. From the pictures you provided I had a first moment where I thought "look a dark haired Viking". And in all honesty Vikings were also dark haired, I don't know who created the All Vikings are blonde myth, bur it's false.

I don't think you look like your parents, or it just maybe the pictures that are old and not perfect. To me your phenotype could be found in any European country, and you give a bit of a Welsh vibe.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Tapatalk

That Welsh vibe killed me :) Well the people on the pictures are my grandparents and the guy that i sent with my initial photos is my grandfathers,from my fathers side,youngest brother and i sent him because i dont have any good pictures of my grandfather,in many regards they look the same.I will send a picture of mine with no facial hair where i look exatly like my father.In general bodily and facialy we are photocopies and there was that picture where it was him,my grandfather and me young in the same living room looking at the camera and its like the old,the young and the younger clone :) Ive never been called a dark haired Viking so thanks for the compliment :)

Does anyone know how to delete posts ? I cant seem to find where the delete button when i click edit is.I also think i dont have a delete button

Last edited:
Unfortunately the bike on the picture was an abandoned one but i couldnt miss the opportunity for a pose

Thanks for the compliment man.He had barely blond hair but all of his children had fair characteristics.My aunt for example is full ginger with green eyes and all of her children,my cousins,have blond hair and all of my cousins children have them too.My mother is half blond half brown in hair and light eyes and my 2 other uncles have one blond hair and the other brown.
On the contrary almost all relatives from my fathers side have darker characteristics apart from the skin which is either a bit more light than that on my pictures or a bit more tanned.For the most part ive inherited my fathers colors and face shape.I will try to find some pictures were im younger and with no facial hair.
Redestos is the most eastern part of Thrace while Andianoupoli is in the northern part.Most propably though Redestos is where they resided because i think some relative of mine found some sort of hotel my great grandfathers had there that was still standing and at least on some places had the same furniture from 19th century ! Of course at this point it was run by other people.

I know where both Adrianopolis and Redestos are. :LOL:

I edited my initial post and i guess theyre visible now

As you can see my face changes a lot when i have facial hair and when i dont.Unfortunately i dont have one with a very short haircut

Well i dont know why but i felt the need to point them out :awesome:

Does anyone know how to delete posts ? I cant seem to find where the delete button when i click edit is.I also think i dont have a delete button

Can anyone help me with this ?

It isn't yet a typologic analysis but at first sight you evoke me some Spanish people (not all of them of course!)

This thread has been viewed 13335 times.

Back