Guess my racial background

Perhaps Zunino's picture wasn't large enough. :)

270ca648b39572d010d0f6dedf0e9a8b.jpg

Actually it wasnt even showing up so i had to search the guys name on google and i found this photo of himView attachment 13333 that is more natural than the other he takes as a model.I mostly based my opinion on the previous picture.Anyway i guess this "eye" thing has gone as far as it can go.

Doggerland, I read what ou post with interest, but concerning eyes, I would prefer to have all the people looking straight on and without any "comedian" effect, like volontarily half shut eyes or too "surprised" open eyes, or any weird angle of the face that can totally change the feeling we have when seeing at the pictures. My own eyes can change very much according to my feelings and positions (eve concerning the respective height of my internal and external eyelids, and the aspect of my fat input on my superior eyelids; I suppose it can be the same for a lot of people so...
That said, I would be very glad to can see more eyes of everywhere in the good conditions (straigth on neutral glances).

Only 10-20 ? Wow.Is that equally distributed in a sense that its 50% from your mother and 50% from your father or is it random ? Does it also have anything to do with gender and by this i mean if as a man-boy i get more from the father than the mother when it comes to purely external looks ?

For example, one European and one Asian could make 10 European/Asian (50/50) mixed children. Some would look purely Asian or purely European, and some of a mixed phenotype in between both.

Eye shape differences are mainly a few genes. Plus let's say 3 kids have blue eyes (2 main genes OCA2 and HERC2) whereas the rest have brown.

Thus, 3 kids born with European eye shape and color, perhaps from random genetic luck or unknown environmental reactions(maybe the mother has lower vitamin d levels that then favours genes for less melanin as biological adaptations) could pass as European looking despite being half Asian genetically, while his brothers pass as Asian since they inherited those few eye shape/color genes from the Asian side instead of European, though are half European.

So, despite being 99.99% genetically similar siblings, that 0.001% difference in a few key genes in the eye area makes them look very different, the difference between Russian or Korean, perhaps.

Phenotype-genotype correlations can be an indicator at times, but can also be extremely misleading and downright incorrect at other times. It depends.

Doggerland, I read what ou post with interest, but concerning eyes, I would prefer to have all the people looking straight on and without any "comedian" effect, like volontarily half shut eyes or too "surprised" open eyes, or any weird angle of the face that can totally change the feeling we have when seeing at the pictures. My own eyes can change very much according to my feelings and positions (eve concerning the respective height of my internal and external eyelids, and the aspect of my fat input on my superior eyelids; I suppose it can be the same for a lot of people so...
That said, I would be very glad to can see more eyes of everywhere in the good conditions (straigth on neutral glances).

I was thinking of making a similar comment one of these days.If you play with the lighting and the angles enough you can change your face completely thats why i reuploaded some pictures were i was as "straight and neutral" as possible

I was thinking of making a similar comment one of these days.If you play with the lighting and the angles enough you can change your face completely thats why i reuploaded some pictures were i was as "straight and neutral" as possible
I was thinking exactly the same thing. It's not correct for example comparing someone who's laughing with being serious in a picture. Eyes will definitely look different.

Sent from my SM-T870 using Tapatalk

For example, one European and one Asian could make 10 European/Asian (50/50) mixed children. Some would look purely Asian or purely European, and some of a mixed phenotype in between both.

Eye shape differences are mainly a few genes. Plus let's say 3 kids have blue eyes (2 main genes OCA2 and HERC2) whereas the rest have brown.

Thus, 3 kids born with European eye shape and color, perhaps from random genetic luck or unknown environmental reactions(maybe the mother has lower vitamin d levels that then favours genes for less melanin as biological adaptations) could pass as European looking despite being half Asian genetically, while his brothers pass as Asian since they inherited those few eye shape/color genes from the Asian side instead of European, though are half European.

So, despite being 99.99% genetically similar siblings, that 0.001% difference in a few key genes in the eye area makes them look very different, the difference between Russian or Korean, perhaps.

Phenotype-genotype correlations can be an indicator at times, but can also be extremely misleading and downright incorrect at other times. It depends.

So youre saying that the looks of someone are some sort of lottery ? Well ive heard that one before.Now another question that i was also pondering with a friend of mine,if i go and live to Sweden and a Swede comes to live in Greece for 1000 years will we lets say,exchange looks ? With this question i want to ask,purely out of curiosity,are our colors and "shapes" purely evolutionary in nature or is there some other deciding factor ? Will DNA in this theoretical scenario then look Scandinavian or will it look Greeck ?

LoL. Now I finally got who you look like a bit. It was on my tongue for a while. I actually played in the same team as Tomas Svensson, our goalie for the Swedish national team in handball way back. I know him quite well.

c1ebcda3d8b5370a3ffff541f5fb2842.jpg
625647895b0f38382a40b325fb822268.jpg

316f16f7ee0b7d48dbe150f2a9083205.jpg

LoL. Now I finally got who you look like a bit. It was on my tongue for a while. I actually played in the same team as Tomas Svensson, our goalie for the Swedish national team in handball way back. I know him quite well.

c1ebcda3d8b5370a3ffff541f5fb2842.jpg
625647895b0f38382a40b325fb822268.jpg

316f16f7ee0b7d48dbe150f2a9083205.jpg

Nice find.Hes a lot whiter than me though and with a bit wider longer face but i can see the similarities :) Handball ? I used to play basketball for many years but i throwed my chance of having some sort of professional career in the sport due to wrong decisions.

Nice find.Hes a lot whiter than me though and with a bit wider longer face but i can see the similarities :) Handball ? I used to play basketball for many years but i throwed my chance of having some sort of professional career in the sport due to wrong decisions.
Well he's probably whiter because of our garbage weather. I played semi-professional handball for almost 12 years in the 80's and 90's, did almost 2 years in Spain. But Tomas is on a different level. Sorry to hear that you didn't pursue your career in basketball, sports have been a huge part of my life and I miss the whole thing around it as well.

Well he's probably whiter because of our garbage weather. I played semi-professional handball for almost 12 years in the 80's and 90's, did almost 2 years in Spain. But Tomas is on a different level. Sorry to hear that you didn't pursue your career in basketball, sports have been a huge part of my life and I miss the whole thing around it as well.

I personally like the rainy-snowy weather but i couldnt live 24/7 in one weather condition.Heres almost always sunny but fortunately theres some cold months else it would be Africa 2.0.
Ive played soccer for 5 years and basketball for something like 12 years.After sports i mostly tried weight lifting and the last 2 years ive been bicycling big distances daily.I do miss the competitive part of team sports and i may reincorporate them at weekends if i manage to.
I think you forgot to answer a question i made a few posts back about the "feature exchange".Dont know if im wrong with what i say there but im really interested in an opinion :)

I personally like the rainy-snowy weather but i couldnt live 24/7 in one weather condition.Heres almost always sunny but fortunately theres some cold months else it would be Africa 2.0.
Ive played soccer for 5 years and basketball for something like 12 years.After sports i mostly tried weight lifting and the last 2 years ive been bicycling big distances daily.I do miss the competitive part of team sports and i may reincorporate them at weekends if i manage to.
I think you forgot to answer a question i made a few posts back about the "feature exchange".Dont know if im wrong with what i say there but im really interested in an opinion :)
Sorry can't find the question. Could you just paste it again?

You seem to also have a healthy background in sports. That's great, always easier to speak to people with the same interests.

Regarding weather, as I wrote earlier I played for a club in Spain for two years and I've also played several tournaments and matches in Greece. Believe me you wouldn't like to trade countries. Perhaps for a couple of years but not more. 9 or 10 months a year of darkness, rain and snow and very low temperatures shouldn't be something you long for. Personally I hate it. That's why I played sports abroad and also work.

For the moment I'm working at our facilities in Pila in Poland and I'm travelling between Germany (Nürnberg) and Poland quite often. But it's not a better weather in these countries either. I know I have a cousin that lives in Athens and got married there. I'm not that close with that part of my family on my mother's side because she doesn't speak to her siblings. So it's hard to get an address to her or more information.

Sorry can't find the question. Could you just paste it again?

You seem to also have a healthy background in sports. That's great, always easier to speak to people with the same interests.

Regarding weather, as I wrote earlier I played for a club in Spain for two years and I've also played several tournaments and matches in Greece. Believe me you wouldn't like to trade countries. Perhaps for a couple of years but not more. 9 or 10 months a year of darkness, rain and snow and very low temperatures shouldn't be something you long for. Personally I hate it. That's why I played sports abroad and also work.

For the moment I'm working at our facilities in Pila in Poland and I'm travelling between Germany (Nürnberg) and Poland quite often. But it's not a better weather in these countries either. I know I have a cousin that lives in Athens and got married there. I'm not that close with that part of my family on my mother's side because she doesn't speak to her siblings. So it's hard to get an address to her or more information.

Ive always been the athletic type and i dont think ill ever quit.
When it comes to weather i somewhat get what youre saying because i have a relative living in Germany that when he visits us wont stop talking about the weather and wont leave the beach,i never quite understood his enthusiasm but when i hear things like 9 months of darkness its easier to see why he acts like that.I have been to Germany twice and it was both times summer,near Frankfurt and it was just raining almost every day.It was saddening to say the least.
You got relatives in Greece and specifically in Athens ? Lol i never saw that coming

The question i made goes like this and it was a reply to an answer (its just above the pictures of the guy you sent)

So youre saying that the looks of someone are some sort of lottery ? Well ive heard that one before.Now another question that i was also pondering with a friend of mine,if i go and live to Sweden and a Swede comes to live in Greece for 1000 years will we lets say,exchange looks ? With this question i want to ask,purely out of curiosity,are our colors and "shapes" purely evolutionary in nature or is there some other deciding factor ? Will DNA in this theoretical scenario then look Scandinavian or will it look Greeck ?

Ive always been the athletic type and i dont think ill ever quit.
When it comes to weather i somewhat get what youre saying because i have a relative living in Germany that when he visits us wont stop talking about the weather and wont leave the beach,i never quite understood his enthusiasm but when i hear things like 9 months of darkness its easier to see why he acts like that.I have been to Germany twice and it was both times summer,near Frankfurt and it was just raining almost every day.It was saddening to say the least.
You got relatives in Greece and specifically in Athens ? Lol i never saw that coming

The question i made goes like this and it was a reply to an answer (its just above the pictures of the guy you sent)

Haha. It's actually my first cousin on my mothers side. I'm not going to go to deep into my strange family, my aunt cut the ties with the rest of the family 40 years ago, but I know my cousin, her daughter, went to the American College in Athens and met an American-Greek in school and they got married. To be honest I don't know if they still live in Athens or outside. They probably have kids and everything but I don't know since we haven't spoken or met since the late 80s.

After 1000 years you would definitely look different. And it's almost purely environmental. I heard an excellent show on the radio just a few weeks ago about this. The topic was a minority people called Sami. Sami are a minority people that live all the way north in Sweden, Norway and Finland. We call them indigenous people and they all had (today many have mixed) black hair and brown eyes. Since there's a lot of information you could read on Wikipedia and other sources I won't dig to deep. But the conclusion was that they ate almost only fish which has a lot of vitamin B12 so they didn't change their appearance that much. On the other hand Sami that lived much more to the south ate less fish and more animal meat and their phenotype changed to being lighter, blue eyes etc. I think there's a lot more people with better knowledge than me on this forum that knows much better how environment can change peoples "colours". We change over time, depending on a lot of factors, food, weather etc.

Haha. It's actually my first cousin on my mothers side. I'm not going to go to deep into my strange family, my aunt cut the ties with the rest of the family 40 years ago, but I know my cousin, her daughter, went to the American College in Athens and met an American-Greek in school and they got married. To be honest I don't know if they still live in Athens or outside. They probably have kids and everything but I don't know since we haven't spoken or met since the late 80s.

After 1000 years you would definitely look different. And it's almost purely environmental. I heard an excellent show on the radio just a few weeks ago about this. The topic was a minority people called Sami. Sami are a minority people that live all the way north in Sweden, Norway and Finland. We call them indigenous people and they all had (today many have mixed) black hair and brown eyes. Since there's a lot of information you could read on Wikipedia and other sources I won't dig to deep. But the conclusion was that they ate almost only fish which has a lot of vitamin B12 so they didn't change their appearance that much. On the other hand Sami that lived much more to the south ate less fish and more animal meat and their phenotype changed to being lighter, blue eyes etc. I think there's a lot more people with better knowledge than me on this forum that knows much better how environment can change peoples "colours". We change over time, depending on a lot of factors, food, weather etc.

Well 40 years ago i didnt even exist :p Ive got family members that have been lost or changed through time so yea i totally understand you.

They were lighter purely due to a diet change ? Wow thats a first.In general i didnt come here just to get "categorized" but also to learn and hear other peoples opinions thats why im making so many questions.

It is amazing to me that someone obsessing about his "racial" background can generate 75 posts.

Each to their own, I guess.

Let's ne precise. NO, at the first generation, it doesn't work like this: for some traits (often hair and eyes pigmentation and some other traits), some gentically dominant aspects worn by a 'side' would pass to first generation children, when the most of other traits will pass fifty-fifty to this same generation; it's only after that begin the hazardous redistribution of traits, with maybe what could appear as a partial lost of dominance for some of these traits.

It is amazing to me that someone obsessing about his "racial" background can generate 75 posts.

It may be interesting if it stays a guessing game, without too much personal implication.
It's why I don't took part too often.

Obsessing ? Were just having some casual talk and being friendly to each other thats not obsession.This is a forum after all and its purpose is for people to have a conversation.Of course i have plenty of questions when it comes to talking about this matter and topic and the thread keeps somewhat going,since youre the only outlet i have to suffice my curiocity.I use your opinions as peer reviews because i consider you folks experts in these topics.

This thread has been viewed 13315 times.

Back