Guess my racial background

Deleted comment

Last edited:
Well 40 years ago i didnt even exist [emoji14] Ive got family members that have been lost or changed through time so yea i totally understand you.

They were lighter purely due to a diet change ? Wow thats a first.In general i didnt come here just to get "categorized" but also to learn and hear other peoples opinions thats why im making so many questions.
Sorry being late, I didn't see your post until now.

Yes diet, or let's say lack of certain food stuffs would in a long run change your appearance. It's well known we are for example taller than 100 years ago. That's a whole other science though. But it's definitely interesting with the Sami experiment. I will trying to find the article.

I agree we just chill here and I don't feel anyone being obsessed about anything, you seem generally interested, that's all.

Cheers

Sent from my SM-T870 using Tapatalk

Sorry being late, I didn't see your post until now.

Yes diet, or let's say lack of certain food stuffs would in a long run change your appearance. It's well known we are for example taller than 100 years ago. That's a whole other science though. But it's definitely interesting with the Sami experiment. I will trying to find the article.

I agree we just chill here and I don't feel anyone being obsessed about anything, you seem generally interested, that's all.

Cheers

Sent from my SM-T870 using Tapatalk

I believe that were mostly getting taller because were eating a lot more than our ancestors did but i may be wrong :D

I believe that were mostly getting taller because were eating a lot more than our ancestors did but i may be wrong :D

I would say that whenever there are food shortages, shorter people in need of less food might do better and pass on their genes more likely than those taller and malnourished to the degree they are getting sicker.

I would say that whenever there are food shortages, shorter people in need of less food might do better and pass on their genes more likely than those taller and malnourished to the degree they are getting sicker.

It occurred more than a time and in Brittany we had a Mesolothical pop which a lot of traits inherited from 'croma' (1m74) but who finished at a mean of height of only 1m55/58, spite being still "robust" in aspect. Very often this correspond sto some shortage.
BTW, if not irectly linked to this, it seems big persons are more exposed to different kinds of cancer, and in the rugby word, very often, the tallest men (forwards of the pack) die younger than the smallest (backwards, who had in ancient times more hard contact because defending more often on full speed opponents); I speak here of ancient rugby, now they are some limited doping and a lot of contacts at every level of the squad - and this deserves more studies, because an psychologic aspect could have been in play, with strong people having more risky deportments concerning health (and too much red meat to eat), maybe some selfconfidence?

But the causes are multi origins; otherwise, the very big guys have sometimes anomalies (a supplementary vertebra, a supplementary kidney ASO...) - but here we are in front of peculiar cases, with some glandular disorders, and why not too much "hormones of croissance"? these hormones are suspected in the cases of cancer.

I mostly agree with this.The human body manages to adapt to almost anything though.I remember watching a documentary talking about some sever food shortages at some place in the Baltic countries or Scandinavia at some point in ww2 that led to many people dying but the next generations birthed from the survivors were reported having naturally undergone a mutation that allowed them to survive with less food.I think they had bigger hearts or something.In modern times theres abundance of food so theres always extra material that organisms can use to grow,back then not so much

It occurred more than a time and in Brittany we had a Mesolothical pop which a lot of traits inherited from 'croma' (1m74) but who finished at a mean of height of only 1m55/58, spite being still "robust" in aspect. Very often this correspond sto some shortage.
BTW, if not irectly linked to this, it seems big persons are more exposed to different kinds of cancer, and in the rugby word, very often, the tallest men (forwards of the pack) die younger than the smallest (backwards, who had in ancient times more hard contact because defending more often on full speed opponents); I speak here of ancient rugby, now they are some limited doping and a lot of contacts at every level of the squad - and this deserves more studies, because an psychologic aspect could have been in play, with strong people having more risky deportments concerning health (and too much red meat to eat), maybe some selfconfidence?

But the causes are multi origins; otherwise, the very big guys have sometimes anomalies (a supplementary vertebra, a supplementary kidney ASO...) - but here we are in front of peculiar cases, with some glandular disorders, and why not too much "hormones of croissance"? these hormones are suspected in the cases of cancer.

What do you mean with multi origins ?

This thread has been viewed 13325 times.

Back