Genomic analysis of two Pompeians that died during the eruption of Vesuvius in 79 AD

There’s a Bronze-Age necropolis in Pompei,
It seems that the femur of the individual on the right has been partially cut, … maybe they did a variety of tests.

3gfFQWW.jpg

Cool images Salento.
Whenever the mega millions goes up high, and I fantasize about winning; one of my personal goals would be to fund genetic research specifically for Italy. Harvard's grant for the Reich Lab is $400,000. Imagine what a $1 million could achieve. We would probably know Italian aDNA from the Paleolithic to the modern era definitively.

Cool images Salento.
Whenever the mega millions goes up high, and I fantasize about winning; one of my personal goals would be to fund genetic research specifically for Italy. Harvard's grant for the Reich Lab is $400,000. Imagine what a $1 million could achieve. We would probably know Italian aDNA from the Paleolithic to the modern era definitively.

In the Casa del Fabbro they found a bag of money next to the woman, … in a way she has already paid to sequence f1R (maybe her son).
:)

https://explorersweb.com/pompeii-man-dna-found/

In the Casa del Fabbro they found a bag of money next to the woman, … in a way she has already paid to sequence f1R (maybe her son).
:)
https://explorersweb.com/pompeii-man-dna-found/
Have you been in this Casa Del Fabbro in your visit there?
That is so cool 😎

P.s
Few days ago I saw the movie pompeii from 2014
It is amazing you are there italy is lucky
To have this place

Have you been in this Casa Del Fabbro in your visit there?
That is so cool ������
P.s
Few days ago I saw the movie pompeii from 2014
It is amazing you are there italy is lucky
To have this place

… it was closed to the public, … but they feature the House of the Day, … a daily opening rotation of an off limit site , … it wasn't its day.

Welcome back Salento. Hope you enjoyed the trip. Great photos from Pompei, thanks for sharing.
@PT I think I saw the Gate of Inferno, smoke rising from the Mountain, … you would have appreciated the vineyard outside the Amphitheater, … the Vino is good, Nectar of the Gods :)

E7wXuZ8.jpg

09bRe9c.jpg

Volcanic soil is the best for growing things. The vegetables and fruits of Campania, including tomatoes, especially around Vesuvius, are very, very good imo, and contribute so much flavor to Neapolitan food, that and the fish from the sea make for a wonderful cuisine. I love it.

Salento: Sounded like a great evening with the view and the vinno. Campania is definitely on my to go list next time I travel to Italy. Again thanks for those pictures.

Volcanic soil is the best for growing things. The vegetables and fruits of Campania, including tomatoes, especially around Vesuvius, are very, very good imo, and contribute so much flavor to Neapolitan food, that and the fish from the sea make for a wonderful cuisine. I love it.

Two of my uncles are from Naples and they're both exceptional cooks, and both own/owned restaurants.

@Salento, did you get a chance to see Reggia di Caserta? It was a great excursion we had seen in our time in Campania.

Two of my uncles are from Naples and they're both exceptional cooks, and both own/owned restaurants.

@Salento, did you get a chance to see Reggia di Caserta? It was a great excursion we had seen in our time in Campania.

I was there as a kid, … a family trip, though I didn't pay much attention to details, I would like to see it again.

This thread has been viewed 14031 times.

Back