Maslomecz Goths Y-DNA: 13 out of 18 are I1-M253

Who are these Belarusians and Ukrainians with R1b-L617, I could not find ANY information about who they are:

https://www.yfull.com/tree/R-FT156400/

^^^
They started popping out like crazy in that YFull tree about January and February 2022, if I remember correctly.

It seems that they are the descendants of the Romanovs.

That's a very high number I1-Z63 and 9 of them belong to PR683/Y2245>Y3968 considering how rare or uncommon it is in modern populations, including Poland. This haplogroup is actually somewhat common among Bosnians and Serbs (I don't have enough information about Croats).
So the theory about Bosnians and surrounding area being at least partly descended from Goths is now confirmed by evidence with this study.
Z63 among Bosnians is at least around 3% frequency, which is higher than in Scandinavia, only about 1-2% frequency there. The subclade Y6228 found among Bosniaks (from Bošnjački Dnk projekat) mostly in the Bosnian Krajina and Northern Bosnia, East Bosnia and East Hercegovina regions.

It's very interesting to have some pre-Roman Gothic DNA samples and that such a high percentage belong to Y-haplogroup I1!

I wrote many years ago that I1-Z63 was Continental Germanic (almost absent from Scandinavia) and that specific clades like Y2245 and S2097 were surely of Gothic origin. It's nice to have a confirmation at least for Y2245.

Thanks for an interesting thread Tomenable!

Sent from my SM-T870 using Tapatalk

That's a very high number I1-Z63 and 9 of them belong to PR683/Y2245>Y3968 considering how rare or uncommon it is in modern populations, including Poland. This haplogroup is actually somewhat common among Bosnians and Serbs (I don't have enough information about Croats).
So the theory about Bosnians and surrounding area being at least partly descended from Goths is now confirmed by evidence with this study.
Z63 among Bosnians is at least around 3% frequency, which is higher than in Scandinavia, only about 1-2% frequency there. The subclade Y6228 found among Bosniaks (from Bošnjački Dnk projekat) mostly in the Bosnian Krajina and Northern Bosnia, East Bosnia and East Hercegovina regions.

There were medieval Saxons living in the Balkan countries, they were good at mining oar so they migrated, as well as mercenaries ... it could also be from them ? there are still people and I heard villages with the name Šašić or something like that. Its only to be assumed that most of them have been assimilated with local populations over centuries.

This thread has been viewed 7934 times.

Back