Reconstruction of Unetice woman

Angela

Elite member
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Italian
Again, to be taken with a grain of salt, but I can see an influence on Central and Northern Europeans.

Bronze Age Bohemian Woman's Face Reconstructed - Archaeology Magazine

"
podoba-zeny-FOTO-archiv-MZM.jpeg
[COLOR=#000000 !important](Czech Academy of Sciences)

MIKULOVICE, CZECH REPUBLIC—Live Science reports that researchers led by archaeologist Michal Ernée of the Institute of Archaeology of the Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic have reconstructed the torso of a woman of the Únětice culture whose remains were unearthed in a Bronze Age cemetery in eastern Bohemia. She had been buried sometime between 1880 and 1750 B.C. with five bronze bracelets, two gold earrings, a three-strand necklace made of beads of amber imported from the Baltic, and three bronze sewing needles. “It’s maybe the richest female grave from the whole Únětice region,” Ernée said. Analysis of her well-preserved skull and fragments of surviving DNA indicates she was petite, had brown hair and eyes, and fair skin. Team members Ludmila Barčáková, Radek Lukůvka, and Kristýna Urbanová also recreated her clothing and jewelry. Analysis of DNA from the other 26 burials in the cemetery will attempt to find out if the individuals buried there were related. To read about the discovery of a Neolithic well in East Bohemia, go to "Around the World: Czech Republic."
[/COLOR]

[h=3]IN THE CURRENT ISSUE[/h]

Something 'borreby-like' in her face, and a very high and massive chin! Not my first choice! (machiste!)

Something 'borreby-like' in her face, and a very high and massive chin! Not my first choice! (machiste!)

Women are so often called "catty" for commenting on the appearance of other women, so I refrained. :) Since you opened the door, however...

I must say I find the reconstruction extremely unattractive for my tastes. It's not only the massive chin. I really dislike the combination of short, squishy, noses with very long upper lip distance to the nose. The mouth is unattractive as well, in my subjective opinion.

The answer is probably somewhere in my files, but I wonder how much WHG was in the people of the Unetice culture.

I hate to say it, because I think she's a marvelous actress, and seems very down to earth and funny, but I think the reconstruction looks like an uglier Judy Dench.

668711b3bee1f8fd647d112b624362a5--judi-dench-greatest-hits.jpg

39CEE9D400000578-3894526-image-a-1_1478094431522.jpg

Where they get those faces from.
Looks more like a late Paleolithic.
I don't think is possible for someone from the Bronze Age to look like that.

Where they get those faces from.
Looks more like a late Paleolithic.
I don't think is possible for someone from the Bronze Age to look like that.

You have still some people looking like that currently, so in BA...

That said, reconstruction is reconstruction

This thread has been viewed 2160 times.

Back