Mmiikkii

Reaction score
Ethnic group
southern EUROPEAN
I can't put the PDF, but I was reading a paper from 10 years ago that for some reason we have been ignoring.
It's Klysov, Rozhanski et al.2012.
The paper in question says that Y-Chromosome haplogroups A&B don't seem to be closely related to the rest.

In contrast to the rest of them, the markers that define A,B are not present in any other haplo downstream of CT.
They're divergent from the rest.

So, I ask the question, do we come from SE Asia, Bangladesh, India, S.China... or Australia/Sahul???
Because there's this other paper from 2020 that says that haplogroup F comes from there(SE. Asia).

And makes sense, since F is found in the lower castes of S.India, C in Oceania...
Also Aboriginals and Papuans already have mitochondrial haplogroups N, even R. They even preserve the dark skin phenotype that appeared 2Ma years ago and they have kept traditional ways of living(hunting and gathering).

And most importantly, other haplogroups, are related to C, unlike A&B, they have genetic markers that are also in C.

Last edited:
that's true A haplogroups don't make CT haplogroups

I can't put the PDF, but I was reading a paper from 10 years ago that for some reason we have been ignoring.
It's Klysov, Rozhanski et al.2012.
The paper in question says that Y-Chromosome haplogroups A&B don't seem to be closely related to the rest.

In contrast to the rest of them, the markers that define A,B are not present in any other haplo downstream of CT.
They're divergent from the rest.

So, I ask the question, do we come from SE Asia, Bangladesh, India, S.China... or Australia/Sahul???
Because there's this other paper from 2020 that says that haplogroup F comes from there(SE. Asia).

And makes sense, since F is found in the lower castes of S.India, C in Oceania...
Also Aboriginals and Papuans already have mitochondrial haplogroups N, even R. They even preserve the dark skin phenotype that appeared 2Ma years ago and they have kept traditional ways of living(hunting and gathering).

And most importantly, other haplogroups, are related to C, unlike A&B, they have genetic markers that are also in C.

Only a feeling: our Y-haplo's come from some pop which has lived between India and southeastern Asia, uneasy to be more precise, I think.

Only a feeling: our Y-haplo's come from some pop which has lived between India and southeastern Asia, uneasy to be more precise, I think.

Yes. Bear in mind that N'R haplogroups must come from Asia. Because even if R is exclusive in Our Continent, N branches make up around half of the macrohaplogroup in Asia.

There is also where you find D,C,F and H. Particularly C in aborigenes. Even MS(from K) is melanesian pops.

That said, we cannot say the dark skin of some Oceanian pops come directly and unchanged from African ancestors, not without comparison of a set of numerous and sure SNP's correlated to pigmentation... Pigmentation of Africans changed over time, sometime darkening thank to new mutations, as it seems. I read so "amazing" posts about this.

Yes. Bear in mind that N'R haplogroups must come from Asia. Because even if R is exclusive in Our Continent, N branches make up around half of the macrohaplogroup in Asia.
There is also where you find D,C,F and H. Particularly C in aborigenes. Even MS(from K) is melanesian pops.
There's no mitochondrial group called "N'R". R is a subgroup of N and N & M are in turn a subgroup of L3...

There's no mitochondrial group called "N'R". R is a subgroup of N and N & M are in turn a subgroup of L3...

are you not mistaking Y versus mt haplo's?

This thread has been viewed 3223 times.

Back