Is anthrogenica.com gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I corrected you on the claim that Davidski asserted Mycenaeans will turn out to be Sintashta clones.
Unless he said it somewhere else.
"Those who have 'Sintashta horse bits as grave goods' can be 'Sintashta clones."
Sure they can be and they can not be. Don't see anything wrong with this line.

He had said it somewhere else, yes (on anthrogenica). Though I don't remember the exact words. Maybe the wording wasn't as bad as I remember it.
These were his positions after the Mathieson et al. 2017 study, we knew then what the Balkans BA profile was at least then.

Actually I don't want to talk about him, I don't dislike him. He is a human. This "Basil' / "Moriopoulos" is 100 times worse.
See this post though and the comments, it is clearly the result of a bias / complex https://eurogenes.blogspot.com/2016/01/ancient-greeks-and-romans-may-have.html?m=1

He had said it somewhere else, yes (on anthrogenica). Though I don't remember the exact words. Maybe the wording wasn't as bad as I remember it.
These were his positions after the Mathieson et al. 2017 study, we knew then what the Balkans BA profile was at least then.

Actually I don't want to talk about him, I don't dislike him. He is a human. This "Basil' / "Moriopoulos" is 100 times worse.
See this post though and the comments, it is clearly the result of a bias / complex https://eurogenes.blogspot.com/2016/01/ancient-greeks-and-romans-may-have.html?m=1

Ah, scrolling through that comment section has reminded me of how despicable and chronically mendacious both most Eurogenes commentators and a good chunk of Anthrogenica users:
1) as for Basil/Moriopoulos and people like him, they are so sure they "live in reality" that they speak of their laughworthy and incredibly moronic theories as well-known truisms beyond any doubt when in reality those are just sheer delusions born out of sheer ethnic narcissism, since the "east med" race they keep mentioning, as a tripartite mixture of Greek, Anatolian and Levantine ancestry, is something that DOES NOT EXIST and hasn't shown up in any single genetic paper up to date, and the reason why it has been concocted is because it stroked the ethnic narcissism of Erikl86 who believed contrary to every piece and bit of available evidence that the ethnogenesis of western/european Jews took place by far and large in situ in the Levant. That is why the label "levanticism" is spot on.
2) as for Davidsky/Polako and people like him, I'll never understand the fiery animus he has towards south Italians amd Greeks, which brings him to hold the most contrived and ridicolous claims about the ethnogenesis of modern Italians and Greeks (especially southern Italians, as if they were a separate ethny from northern ones, whereas according to science in Italy the genetic difference is clinal, not disjunctive), as when he claimed that modern Greeks had almost no continuity with ancient Greeks (a view he has recently changed but we can add it to the list of obvious things that he still got wrong), or when he claimed/seems to claim still that south Italians have around 25-50% Levantine ancestry; as I've said in other occasions, it isn't enough to believe that southern Italians have semitic ancestry in order to be said to hold anti-italian sentiments, since it can be just a cold matter-of-fact assertion, but it's clear that Davidsky doesn't just believe in it because he thinks it's true but because he has the desire to find it because he believes south Italy isn't European enough (that is a fair inference to draw from his statement that south Italians ought to be kicked out of Europe). Frankly, I hope he has been bying Maloox since it has been proven that actually southern Italians are among the closest genetic relatives of ancient Greeks, the very creators of the notions of Europe and western civilization.

What both groups had in common is their reconstruction of the ethnogenesis of Greeks and (south) Italians, and it is why they ended up working together, but they differ in how they interpret the contribution of their relative ancestral component to the historical events of ancient Greece and Italy, with the former believing that the Levant acted as a civilizational force which built the hellenistic and imperial world, and the barbarians as a force that tore it down, whereas the latter believing that the Levant acted as a decaying factor that led to the "decadency" of the hellenistic and imperial periods respectively compared to the "European" splendour of the previous eras (of course brought into being by the influx of steppe ancestry they'll say).

Another thing they have in common is the ONLY reliance on G25 results to support their theory, dismissing the existing genetic literature in what is an incredibly anti-intellectualistic stance (which explains, imo, why their historical reconstructions are so ridicolous: you can't have books stand in the way of how to interpret G25 and the sacred Eurogenes blog!)

I doubt it.

Again I do not see anything controversial in that page or either I have missed something there or cannot comprehend it.
Everybody knows that Davidski has some bias towards his Steppe admiration.
And for G25 modern coordinates even Davidski did give a hint that some of the G25 coordinates might not be fully accurate.

I doubt it.

Again I do not see anything controversial in that page or either I have missed something there or cannot comprehend it.
Everybody knows that Davidski has some bias towards his Steppe admiration.
And for G25 modern coordinates even Davidski did give a hint that some of the G25 coordinates might not be fully accurate.

He had used the phrase 'Sintashta clones' on Anthrogenica. Find it to see what he had said exactly. Maybe it was more nuanced* than what I remember. Can you find it? If you can't find it don't quote me again.

You don't see anything controversial? LOL.

(I did not say anything about G25. I don't know what G25 is or does. Should I?)

*Maybe they were Sintashta clones, maybe they weren't. Ήξεις αφήξεις ​etc.

We have to wait for the paper which claimed that at the beginning of the LBA "Central-Eastern European" ancestry appeared in the Aegean. The most likely scenario is that Proto-Greeks came with mixed Catacomb/MCW people in the MBA-LBA transition down to Greece. They won't be clones of Sintashta when coming in, they might have been different on the steppe already, especially with their main lineage being still Yamnaya/R-Z2103, and picking up a lot of local ancestry and lineages, possibly, even before entering Greece.

Anyway, people shouldn't forget the achievements of David and Anthrogenica. Its not like they didn't make valuable contributions. That's not really fair.

It would be like bashing Eupedia just because its down. I think David and Maciamo being two of the most active and productive contributors to this field online. Are they always right? Of course not, who is?

Obviously one of the reasons I joined Eupedia was Maciamos great work and the resources he provided. I don't get why people have to bash each other for rather minor differences and age old disputes.

Davidski had said that Mycenaeans would be 'Sintashta clones'.

He is talking about outliers, not all Mycenaeans (1 "Sintashta clone" in 1 Grave shaft). Also, he did not state this with certainty.

eVe1Zhl.png

The acolyte rushes in.:) That isn't what he said right before the paper came out. No doubt that statement is no longer there. So easy to scrub posts on your site if they make you look like a fool.

Lol Davidski literally told me himself that the Lazaridis paper is not reliable, and that more samples will show different with high steppe that was only two years ago before getting banned on anthrogenica. It really is pathetic this cult of people who powder his backside. Two years later that pca from the greek-german exhibit re-enforce the Lazaridis paper

It doesn't matter how many of you come out of the woodwork because it only re-enforces the IQ distribution of the Bellcurve. Moreover, verifiable high IQ people in the genetic field say otherwise. I'd recommend deference to your mental superiors (i.e. cohorts of geneticists who author papers)

It doesn't matter how many of you come out of the woodwork because it only re-enforces the IQ distribution of the Bellcurve. Moreover, verifiable high IQ people in the genetic field say otherwise. I'd recommend deference to your mental superiors (i.e. cohorts of geneticists who author papers)

You mean the very same people that for the first 10-15 years of archeogenetics wrote all sorts of garbage and solidified wrong opinions amongst people?

Let's not pretend like geneticists are PhD theoretical physicists or something.

You mean the very same people that for the first 10-15 years of archeogenetics wrote all sorts of garbage and solidified wrong opinions amongst people?

Let's not pretend like geneticists are PhD theoretical physicists or something.

"All sorts of garbage" that's such a meaningless statement. The work they do today is built upon new data, and built off of the work from previously. Are you suggesting that people untrained in the field somehow know better by divine inspiration. How small are you?

Lol Davidski literally told me himself that the Lazaridis paper is not reliable, and that more samples will show different with high steppe that was only two years ago before getting banned on anthrogenica. It really is pathetic this cult of people who powder his backside. Two years later that pca from the greek-german exhibit re-enforce the Lazaridis paper

I do not agree with the hypothesis of Sintashta-like samples among the Mycenaeans either.

We have to wait for the paper which claimed that at the beginning of the LBA "Central-Eastern European" ancestry appeared in the Aegean. The most likely scenario is that Proto-Greeks came with mixed Catacomb/MCW people in the MBA-LBA transition down to Greece. They won't be clones of Sintashta when coming in, they might have been different on the steppe already, especially with their main lineage being still Yamnaya/R-Z2103, and picking up a lot of local ancestry and lineages, possibly, even before entering Greece.

Anyway, people shouldn't forget the achievements of David and Anthrogenica. Its not like they didn't make valuable contributions. That's not really fair.

It would be like bashing Eupedia just because its down. I think David and Maciamo being two of the most active and productive contributors to this field online. Are they always right? Of course not, who is?

Obviously one of the reasons I joined Eupedia was Maciamos great work and the resources he provided. I don't get why people have to bash each other for rather minor differences and age old disputes.

I was never a fan of Maciamo either. I used to disagree on almost everything.

I did not believe proto-Greeks and Mycenaeans had Z2103. (But that certain suclades could have arrived from more than too direction including east at a later date). I don't have strong opinions though. If they find it then so be it.

Actually I think proto-Greeks should have more in common culturally with CWC related groups. I don't believe they can be from Catacomb. But they can't be from Corded Ware either. We have to see if R1b-Z2103 exists first, which other haplogroups exist in the BA etc., the movements after the BA collapse.

I actually support the northern model, and see links to the steppe. But it seems that it was diluted very early on, before the greatness the Greeks are associated with. Or it was always just a minority component and but the culture was very influential.

"All sorts of garbage" that's such a meaningless statement. The work they do today is built upon new data, and built off of the work from previously. Are you suggesting that people untrained in the field somehow know better by divine inspiration. How small are you?

I don't know how much knowledge you have of academia, but most of these people are not savants like you make them out to be. They're regular people who've made plenty of idiotic mistakes, especially in a new field like archeogenetics.

Archeogenetics is a brand new field and that "training" doesn't amount to much. It's not like math/physics that have been established for centuries/millenia.

I don't know how much knowledge you have of academia, but most of these people are not savants like you make them out to be. They're regular people who've made plenty of idiotic mistakes, especially in a new field like archeogenetics.
Archeogenetics is a brand new field and that "training" doesn't amount to much. It's not like math/physics that have been established for centuries/millenia.
What makes you think layman are somehow superior or more trustworthy? Would you take medical advice from some random person on the internet? Sadly quite a bit of people do.

I actually support the northern model, and see links to the steppe. But it seems that it was diluted very early on, before the greatness the Greeks are associated with. Or it was always just a minority component and but the culture was very influential.

The pre-indo European inhabitants of the Greece and the cyclades built pyramids out of rock perturbing out of the sea with plumbing. I think it is clear that the greatness associated with people like the Mycenaeans have more to do with their Minoan like ancestry's legacy. Just because they worshiped similar gods of the steppe etc means little to me.

Also: you'd be pretty naive to think that people rise in academia purely based on merit.

I have no idea what you're talking about. The knowledge we have would not be possible without high order statistical, i.e. MATHEMATICAL analysis. There's a whole sub-branch of it called Bio-informatics. The Reich Lab has working for it a highly eminent statistician, and former code breaker, in Nick Patterson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

This thread has been viewed 107338 times.

Back