Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
Results 401 to 418 of 418

Thread: Is anthrogenica.com gone?

  1. #401
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    26-01-09
    Posts
    959

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z36

    Country: UK - Scotland



    4 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiisaou View Post
    The site is back!
    Whatever!

  2. #402
    researcher eupator's Avatar
    Join Date
    19-07-22
    Posts
    239

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-A12332*
    MtDNA haplogroup
    W6*

    Country: Greece



    3 members found this post helpful.
    Also, I just remembered and feel I should put this tidbit out there.

    Be wary that the mods there will read your PMs to other users, and share the information between them and their friends.

    Your personal info/sensitive data will be shared and used against you if they take an interest in you, they have routinely been doing it on one of their discords also, sharing people's personal information and other stuff relating to their personal lives either for a laugh or to be used as leverage in the 'forum wars'.

  3. #403
    Regular Member Lukas's Avatar
    Join Date
    23-04-17
    Posts
    316


    Country: Poland



    2 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by eupator View Post
    Also, I just remembered and feel I should put this tidbit out there.

    Be wary that the mods there will read your PMs to other users, and share the information between them and their friends.

    Your personal info/sensitive data will be shared and used against you if they take an interest in you, they have routinely been doing it on one of their discords also, sharing people's personal information and other stuff relating to their personal lives either for a laugh or to be used as leverage in the 'forum wars'.
    It is against GDPR rules in EU but I am sure also in US or UK law it is strongly forbidden. Can you show more details about such behaviour of their mods?

  4. #404
    researcher eupator's Avatar
    Join Date
    19-07-22
    Posts
    239

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-A12332*
    MtDNA haplogroup
    W6*

    Country: Greece



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukas View Post
    It is against GDPR rules in EU but I am sure also in US or UK law it is strongly forbidden. Can you show more details about such behaviour of their mods?
    No, I am not willing to show anything at present because the matter that concerned me (doxx'ing) in the past has been closed and an agreement reached with the perpetrator mod responsible. Although, I do know and have evidence of some of the highbrow gang members stalking me recently (online), talking shit about me and joking around at the expense of my personal life and that of my family's.

    I don't have the time and patience to start a full-out war with them, but, in case they are reading this post, I do have folders of screenshots regarding their behavior.

    If the mods believe I am stepping out of line with my warning, they should delete both my posts.

  5. #405
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    21-10-14
    Posts
    22


    Country: Mexico



    Quote Originally Posted by eupator View Post
    No, I am not willing to show anything at present because the matter that concerned me (doxx'ing) in the past has been closed and an agreement reached with the perpetrator mod responsible. Although, I do know and have evidence of some of the highbrow gang members stalking me recently (online), talking shit about me and joking around at the expense of my personal life and that of my family's.

    I don't have the time and patience to start a full-out war with them, but, in case they are reading this post, I do have folders of screenshots regarding their behavior.

    If the mods believe I am stepping out of line with my warning, they should delete both my posts.
    It's good that you have pointed out that that has happened to you. I have not had anything even remotely similar happen to me. Can you divulge what the subject matter was that caused them to start harassing you? It might not be anything I have an interest in or might. If it is then I would like to know what could cause them to target me if it is something that I am interested in.

  6. #406
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    21-10-14
    Posts
    22


    Country: Mexico



    3 members found this post helpful.
    Both sides keep throwing stones and using examples of members of each site as being the cause the sites being bad. I go to both sites for discussions about the scientific papers and I see good and bad information at both sites. Every single person that states they have been good at predicting specific results has been wrong about other things and many times they don't care about certain scientific details.

  7. #407
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    21-10-14
    Posts
    22


    Country: Mexico



    4 members found this post helpful.
    One of the things that interests me a lot is DF27 and I learned about a page the rox2cluster google site about ancient DF27 at Anthrogenica. I did not learn about it at Eupedia. Does that mean Eupedia is bad? No. Does it mean that there are things I can find at Anthrogenica that I can't find at Eupedia? Yes.

    Does that mean there are things on that page that I learned that I didn't already know? No.

    I find that page to be very interesting because it reflects very well a lot of specific points that I had already known about or concluded on my own accord and some I had been pointing out a lot. Now there is someone else out there pointing out some of the same facts about DF27.

    There is very little discussion about DF27 at this site even though DF27 is so common in Spain and France and also found in lower frequencies in several other countries in Europe. However there are several long threads about DF27 at Anthrogenica.

    I am also very interested in advanced Y-DNA testing and also in checking BAM files of ancient specimens for unreported positive, negative, and no-call SNPs. Those don't seem to be very popular here either. Anthrogenica has or had enough people also interested in those subjects.

    If Eupedia ever becomes better at the above three main interests of mine then I will probably visit here more.

  8. #408
    Advisor Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    21,261


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    3 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmandoR1b View Post
    Both sides keep throwing stones and using examples of members of each site as being the cause the sites being bad. I go to both sites for discussions about the scientific papers and I see good and bad information at both sites. Every single person that states they have been good at predicting specific results has been wrong about other things and many times they don't care about certain scientific details.
    I was about to upvote you for the other post, then saw this.

    Please tell me which of my predictions have been proven to be incorrect, if you'd be so kind.


    Non si fa il proprio dovere perchè qualcuno ci dica grazie, lo si fa per principio, per se stessi, per la propria dignità. Oriana Fallaci

  9. #409
    Advisor Jovialis's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-05-17
    Posts
    7,524

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1b2a2a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b7

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    Quote Originally Posted by Chiisaou View Post
    The site is back!
    Great, good riddance.

    Also, so much for having a discussion. That's fine, it gets boring having people only argue with G25 models. Then going down a rabbit hole of people defending it in spite of academic papers saying otherwise. Then having to deflect nonsense accusations, etc.

  10. #410
    Advisor Jovialis's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-05-17
    Posts
    7,524

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1b2a2a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b7

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    Whatever, I really don't care, I've become more accepting that not everyone is going to see facts the same way. I don't have to prove anything to anyone.

  11. #411
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    11-05-22
    Posts
    265


    Country: Japan-Osaka



    3 members found this post helpful.
    Apricity has some of the most stupid people I have ever seen.

  12. #412
    Regular Member kingjohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    05-09-16
    Posts
    1,775

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    Rare e-fgc7391
    MtDNA haplogroup
    h3ap

    Country: Uruguay



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1337 View Post
    Apricity has some of the most stupid people I have ever seen.
    indeed
    and the most racist i have ever seen
    ancestery :
    mostly western jewish here is the overlapp with south europe[U]

    "Know where you came from and where you are going."

    Direct paternal line : mizrahi from damascus

  13. #413
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    11-05-22
    Posts
    265


    Country: Japan-Osaka



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by kingjohn View Post
    indeed
    and the most racist i have ever seen
    Indeed. That place is literally filled with nazis that seem to have shit for brains.

    Arguing and obsessed with who is lighter and incredibly one-dimensional thinking people

  14. #414
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    26-01-09
    Posts
    959

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z36

    Country: UK - Scotland



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Apricity is a zoo and intellectually void.

  15. #415
    Regular Member kingjohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    05-09-16
    Posts
    1,775

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    Rare e-fgc7391
    MtDNA haplogroup
    h3ap

    Country: Uruguay



    2 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vallicanus View Post
    Apricity is a zoo and intellectually void.
    we are offending the animals

  16. #416
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    11-05-22
    Posts
    265


    Country: Japan-Osaka



    2 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vallicanus View Post
    Apricity is a zoo and intellectually void.
    Lmao. Literally filled with some of the biggest idiots I have seen with the dumbest logic. And people who are clueless about genetics or even history.

  17. #417
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    04-04-19
    Posts
    107


    Country: Greece



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Since the thread got bumped this is the (relevant to this thread part of the) last update regarding their forum:

    ADMIN

    Dear Community,

    We are pleased to confirm that the active administration now has full access to the site's internals.

    The site, its content and the community itself are, therefore, not at risk of being lost.

    A full statement, which will include a summary of events and our mitigation strategies (which we've already implemented in part), will be provided to the community in due course.
    [...]

  18. #418
    Advisor Jovialis's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-05-17
    Posts
    7,524

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1b2a2a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b7

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    2 members found this post helpful.


    Ethnic enclaves of Chicago circa 1950.

    You can't take random samples from each community, put them all in one cohort, create an average, and say it represents the racial character of the city of it's time. That would be absurd and pretty stupid.

    And with that, I am closing this thread.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •