Is anthrogenica.com gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deleted post.

There are special configs which you can put in the server to block search engines to crawl your content. Anthrogenica might want to do it intentionally, who knows. I doubt Google would censor Anthrogenica, absolutely nothing there to indicate for that, in my own understanding they want their website to have a very specific audience and perhaps even members.

I know that, but why is it better accessible for Bing?

Why would Google block Anthrogenica but not Apricity? Yeah searching the site works better in Bing. Not sure why is that.

Anyway, never heard anything which could explain it for sure, but fact is, Google doesn't get or show a lot of information from Anthrogenica.

Deleted post.

Deleted post.

It's still down for me, very strange. @Riverman, are you able to use AG? I'm in US, maybe that's why.

The mostly likely reason is that the domain has expired. A parked domain is a domain name that is registered, but not connected to an online service like a website.

URL Checked:

anthrogenica.com

Response Time:
0.65 ms.

Down For:
~18 hours 38 mins

Parked

Anthrogenica.com is PARKED
The website is either expired or listed for sale...

It's still down for me, very strange. @Riverman, are you able to use AG? I'm in US, maybe that's why.

No, it's completely down for many hours by now. If the domain is expired, nobody should have had access to it lately. Are you guys sure you could access the page at any time today? Even shortly? Not just looking at the saved cache?

No, it's completely down for many hours by now. If the domain is expired, nobody should have had access to it lately. Are you guys sure you could access the page at any time today? Even shortly? Not just looking at the saved cache?

Makes sense, from what I can remember, it's been down for nearly 24 hours. I hope it comes back up soon, or atleast make an announcement somewhere about it's website status.

https://www.blogger.com/profile/16689998564656086919

http://www.anthrogenica.com/forum.php

I think user DMXX was one of the cofounders of Anthrogenica. When I click on the link to his blog (first link above) and then select “My website”, I get the message in the second link.

I tested with FTDNA back in 2008 and in those days there was a huge forum called DNA Forums that everyone used. Similar thing happened there; it stopped working. That, from what I can recall, resulted in the formation of Anthrogenica.

Last edited:
https://www.blogger.com/profile/16689998564656086919

http://www.anthrogenica.com/forum.php

i think user DMXX was one of the cofounders of Anthrogenica. When I click on the link to his blog (first link above) and then select “My website”, I get the message in the second link.

I tested with FTDNA back in 2008 and in those days there was a huge forum called DNA Forums that everyone used. Similar thing happened there; it stopped working. That, from what I can recall, resulted in the formation of Anthrogenica.

A lot of important threads in AG, I hope it can be recovered or come back up ASAP.

I saw the "this domain was recently registered with Namecheap" for a little while yesterday, then the normal website came back up. Now I see the message again. Maybe it will come back? I have no idea what's happening.

Maybe servers are down for a few regions, perhaps an update? Who knows,

isn't work anthrogenica since yesterday

In the meantime, are there any good forums besides eupedia & anthrogenica?

Last edited:
It wouldn't work for me on my laptop yesterday, but kept working for me on my phone until about an hour ago. I know it was up because I received a private message today in response to a pm I sent yesterday.

I even made a post via my phone in the trouble shooting section...so it was like it was slowly shutting down/increasingly limited access over the last couple of days.

It wouldn't work for me on my laptop yesterday, but kept working for me on my phone until about an hour ago. I know it was up because I received a private message today in response to a pm I sent yesterday.

I even made a post via my phone in the trouble shooting section...so it was like it was slowly shutting down/increasingly limited access over the last couple of days.

A lot more users are being able to gain access, us who don't, should have access soon as well.

A lot more users are being able to gain access, us who don't, should have access soon as well.

Ok thanks for the info. Still down for me.

Sounds like a technical/attack issue. That's good insofar as it means they might get it back soon - hopefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

This thread has been viewed 107183 times.

Back