Is anthrogenica.com gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not the first time Anthrogenica was DDOS'ed if that is/was the case, last time it took almost a week for it to get back up, and some major reconfiguration from the hosts.

As for me, it has worked pretty well, no hiccups. I wonder why.

https://www.blogger.com/profile/16689998564656086919

http://www.anthrogenica.com/forum.php

I think user DMXX was one of the cofounders of Anthrogenica. When I click on the link to his blog (first link above) and then select “My website”, I get the message in the second link.

I tested with FTDNA back in 2008 and in those days there was a huge forum called DNA Forums that everyone used. Similar thing happened there; it stopped working. That, from what I can recall, resulted in the formation of Anthrogenica.

Let me put my tinfoil hat on. :innocent:

On a more serious note. I do wonder why that website would be such a target. From what I see nothing to controversial going on there, compared to some cesspools.

On a more serious note. I do wonder why that website would be such a target. From what I see nothing to controversial going on there, compared to some cesspools.

Timing was perfect, just as we were all looking like a bunch of 6 year olds on Christmas morning awaiting samples from the “Southern Arc” series of papers to drop and…boom…Anthrogenica goes off line.

Timing was perfect, just as we were all looking like a bunch of 6 year olds on Christmas morning awaiting samples from the “Southern Arc” series of papers to drop.

Last time too, not sure what was going on but people were pretty aggravated.

Timing was perfect, just as we were all looking like a bunch of 6 year olds on Christmas morning awaiting samples from the “Southern Arc” series of papers to drop.

I was wondering for a bit why there was not much new on my feed, thought its just people partying for the weekend :LOL: But knowing how exited everyone is about the new papers, who even cares about booze at the beach, lol

Last time too, not sure what was going on but people were pretty aggravated.

About 15 years ago there was a forum called “DNA Forums”. It was probably as big as Anthrogenica today. Around 2013 it just disappeared and never returned. That resulted in the formation of AG and probably increased user numbers here at Eupedia.

Maybe its for the best, this hobby attracts quite a lot of looney toons. xD

Urban Dictionary: anthrogenica

I was checking, and I stumbled across this. It does seem that some people dislike the place strongly.

Ngl I scoffed a bit, kinda true hahaha

I can't believe the people who are upset it's down.

As far as I'm concerned, less misinformation being spewed.

Urban Dictionary: anthrogenica
I was checking, and I stumbled across this. It does seem that some people dislike the place strongly.
Well the administrators there created a lot of enemies along the years ( many good guys were banned with no return for nothing)
So i am not that surprised
But i am sure anthrogenica will be fixed soon

tried today and just does not load......no message either

reminds of ........IIRC.....DNATribes forum.....as soon as the owner died , everything shut down, even their sales

It says the domain has been taken… By some new DNA analysis service. Real strange stuff… I hope it’s not gone forever.

For some reason it seems like anthrogenica and Eupedia users hate each other but it is much more navigable than this website which is why I enjoy it

It says the domain has been taken… By some new DNA analysis service. Real strange stuff… I hope it’s not gone forever.
For some reason it seems like anthrogenica and Eupedia users hate each other but it is much more navigable than this website which is why I enjoy it

It is a good source for papers i give them that;)
Many of the dna papers threads i started
Here in eupedia
Where from anthrogenica source
And they do have some experts there in analysing bam files y calls :
Pribislav, david bush, rafc,
So yes overall it is a good site
Better than apricity for sure:LOL:

p.s
though i still stand with my claim that they banned many good users
through the years
that shouldn't been banned

Last edited:
Been a day and it's still down, it says "This domain was recently registered at Namecheap.com. Please check back later!"

Hopefully it will be fixed soon.
Regardless of your views on their moderation for better or worse it was the last? remaining genetics forum with a relatively active userbase.

I agree. Regardless of ones personal opinions, it is an incredible resource and community. A lot of helpful folk there, it would be an immeasurable loss to anthrofora.

Status
Not open for further replies.

This thread has been viewed 106626 times.

Back