Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 418

Thread: Is anthrogenica.com gone?

  1. #76
    Banned
    Join Date
    12-10-16
    Posts
    1,262


    Country: Albania



    2 members found this post helpful.
    Anthrogenica had it's flaws too but it provided a really large amount of information. (I could pull a list actually.)
    When I started arguing with some of them and provided good evidence to back my claims I could see my opponents back peddling and reconsidering their stance and of course when I am wrong I should backpedal too. And it did happen.

    I wished they made their site available for guests who are not members so it's easier to lurk.
    They had a very strict policy and banned many members for little to nothing. It's not just about bias, it is abusive and paranoid moderation.

  2. #77
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    16-08-18
    Posts
    5


    Country: United States



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Has anyone saved the content from the website? Such as Internet Archive? The fact that it has disappeared without warning makes me think it is some kind of attack.

  3. #78
    Elite member
    Join Date
    07-09-14
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    5,427

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-L617
    MtDNA haplogroup
    W6a

    Ethnic group
    Polish
    Country: Poland



    1 members found this post helpful.
    There are words which carry the presage of defeat. Defence is such a word. What is the result of an even victorious defence? The next attempt of imposing it to that weaker, defender. The attacker, despite temporary setback, feels the master of situation.

  4. #79
    Regular Member kingjohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    05-09-16
    Posts
    1,868

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    Rare e-fgc7391 972AD
    MtDNA haplogroup
    h3ap

    Country: Uruguay



    Quote Originally Posted by Riverman View Post
    I doubt it. The Iranian ancestry might be real, but it can't come out of the blue. Like it could have been on the steppe since R. yar, rather than later. And this would imply, just like the patrilineages, a steppe origin. The patrilineages are key and if there was no late expansion from Anatolia-Iran onto the steppe, PIE had to come from the steppe. A female or centre transmitted approach is very unlikely and the sheer absence of evidence of steppe admixture in most of Anatolia proves nothing. Because we know from archaeology how the Cernavoda into Troy movement of steppe groups happened, and we can assume that by the time they reached more central portions of Anatolia, any steppe ancestry must have been completely diluted.
    As for David's blog, it's his blog, where he can write more freely at his own risk. Anthrogenica on the other hand tried always to keep its risk for bad reputation or even legal problems as low as possible, which is why they were so hard to many and part of the reason why some rather unfair banning happened there as well.
    Will see what david conclusion
    In his paper will be
    We got here huge amount of new samples 731 ( males+females)
    Maybe he saw some pattern in there autosomal
    About steppe signiture in balkan and armenia and not in anatolia
    If i remember 2 bronze age armenians( rise 423, and rise416) who happen to belong to undefined branches of e-m84
    Did carry some steppe ancestery autosomaly speaking..
    So i still believe the steppe ancestery came from pontic just spread south to armenia and west to balkan and other areas of europe
    About the homeland of indo-european languages we dont know yet
    Last edited by kingjohn; 18-07-22 at 00:36.
    Direct paternal line : mizrahi from damascus
    Ftdna path
    E-M96>CTS9083>P147>P177>M215>M35>Z827>CTS10298>PF196 2>M123>M34>L795>S11835>S12033>S11956>S11168>S10483 >BY96055

  5. #80
    Regular Member spruithean's Avatar
    Join Date
    29-08-12
    Posts
    435


    Country: Canada



    I had been wondering if Anthrogenica was down or permanently gone. I haven't been able to access the website for quite some time now.

  6. #81
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    28-03-20
    Posts
    1,811


    Country: Austria



    Quote Originally Posted by spruithean View Post
    I had been wondering if Anthrogenica was down or permanently gone. I haven't been able to access the website for quite some time now.
    It may largely depend on the site owner being available and ready to pay. I just hope the person in charge renews and they don't lose the domain. Otherwise they could also start with a new URL hopefully. Its just good to have different sites dealing with the subject, visited by different people and which can share and cross share with other boards anyway. I'm just afraid of a significant part of the community getting lost.

  7. #82
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    12-02-22
    Location
    Morocco
    Posts
    15

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-Y141637<A30032*
    MtDNA haplogroup
    V25b*

    Ethnic group
    berber
    Country: Morocco



    isn't work to now in fact It's a bit worrying

  8. #83
    Regular Member torzio's Avatar
    Join Date
    10-05-19
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,359

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 - SK1480
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H95a

    Ethnic group
    North East Italian
    Country: Australia



    Quote Originally Posted by Jovialis View Post
    Wasn't anthrogenica really just an extension of the eurogene blog? Because it seemed like everyone just agreed with what Generalismo said, and the moderators cracked down on anyone that opposed him.

    It makes me wonder if all of the authors of the papers that he was irate at would be banned, if they would debase themselves to argue with laymen.
    i never agreed with Generalismo , never had an issues with the North American owners..............A Tuscan and Myself never agreed with him .................we never agreed with each other either , LOL
    Fathers mtdna ...... T2b17
    Grandfather paternal mtdna ... T1a1e
    Sons mtdna ...... K1a4p
    Mothers line ..... R1b-S8172
    Grandmother paternal side ... I1-CTS6397
    Wife paternal line ..... R1a-PF6155

    "Fear profits man, nothing"

  9. #84
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    28-03-20
    Posts
    1,811


    Country: Austria



    Quote Originally Posted by capisan View Post
    isn't work to now in fact It's a bit worrying
    Worrying for sure. I wonder which admins got a back up. But its weekend, so we'll see if something will be done next week.

  10. #85
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    17-05-19
    Posts
    8


    Country: UK - England



    I thought the recent thread on the new Anglo Saxon paper was a good read, tbh all forums seem to have a bias,
    on another note new registration was shut before it went down so maybe dos attack ?

  11. #86
    Landlord Ricardo's Avatar
    Join Date
    13-08-11
    Posts
    37

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    J1 FGC6064 M365
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1ao1

    Ethnic group
    Brazilian Portuguese Founder
    Country: Brazil



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Unfortunately I don't have time to participate simultaneously in several fora in the internet, we have our "real life". I have seen anthrogenica site off before, I hope they can return, I don't know about this time. Anthrogenica always had a plurality of positions and opinions, I have always been from the Southern PIE party and this "Southern Arc" really infuriated the "Northern Steppe Kurganists", usually people who never had a permanent proper Empire and a modern expansion/conquest with their own ethnic and native language and had a strong emotional connection to the IE expansion in the Bronze Age, just like General or Khan, as a kind of cultural misappropriation of the Southerner CHG/Iran origin. In the first decade of genetic genealogy (2005-2010) we saw DNA-L Rootsweb, you can read some of the archives there. We had DNA-Forum, Russian sites and several other, some with sudden death. Anthrogenica has had/was a good archive of the issues, questions and developments of this scientific field but we know several people wanted to erase the past written errors they made there. Let's wait ! All the best !

  12. #87
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    28-03-20
    Posts
    1,811


    Country: Austria



    Quote Originally Posted by Tigertim View Post
    I thought the recent thread on the new Anglo Saxon paper was a good read, tbh all forums seem to have a bias,
    on another note new registration was shut before it went down so maybe dos attack ?
    Fact is the domain wasn't renewed. That's a very bad sign, but it could be just a slip.

  13. #88
    Regular Member mount123's Avatar
    Join Date
    30-12-21
    Posts
    679

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    J2b-L283>Y52453
    MtDNA haplogroup
    J1c7a

    Country: Kosovo



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Isn't the owner still DMXX? He is an Iranian and also admin of one of their project groups on FTDNA.

    It generally is a site where misinformation spreads are being tolerated and at the same time promoted. Contradicting pseudo-scientific statements against certain European ethnic groups, such as "insert SE European group" being supposedly Ottoman Anatolian remnants apparently gets you banned.

    Hope the website really is down and stays that way.

  14. #89
    Advisor Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    21,556


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo View Post
    Unfortunately I don't have time to participate simultaneously in several fora in the internet, we have our "real life". I have seen anthrogenica site off before, I hope they can return, I don't know about this time. Anthrogenica always had a plurality of positions and opinions, I have always been from the Southern PIE party and this "Southern Arc" really infuriated the "Northern Steppe Kurganists", usually people who never had a permanent proper Empire and a modern expansion/conquest with their own ethnic and native language and had a strong emotional connection to the IE expansion in the Bronze Age, just like General or Khan, as a kind of cultural misappropriation of the Southerner CHG/Iran origin. In the first decade of genetic genealogy (2005-2010) we saw DNA-L Rootsweb, you can read some of the archives there. We had DNA-Forum, Russian sites and several other, some with sudden death. Anthrogenica has had/was a good archive of the issues, questions and developments of this scientific field but we know several people wanted to erase the past written errors they made there. Let's wait ! All the best !
    It may just have been attacked and they need time to get it up and running again.

    It would seem a little extreme to take down the whole site to cover up all of their mistakes; a good scrubbing would do it. Eurogenes does it all the time.


    Non si fa il proprio dovere perchè qualcuno ci dica grazie, lo si fa per principio, per se stessi, per la propria dignità. Oriana Fallaci

  15. #90
    Regular Member Archetype0ne's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-06-18
    Posts
    1,505

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    J2b2-L283/J-Y197198

    Country: Albania



    3 members found this post helpful.
    If the domain was not renewed:
    • that removes the possibility of an attack
    • adds a dimension of the owner being the point of failure for the site going down, if that is true, hope he is alright and just missed a deadline/some emails
    • adds the possibility the domain is being sold and/or moving
    “Man cannot live without a permanent trust in something indestructible in himself, and at the same time that indestructible something as well as his trust in it may remain permanently concealed from him.”

    Franz Kafka

  16. #91
    Advisor Jovialis's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-05-17
    Posts
    7,841

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1b2a2a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b7

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    2 members found this post helpful.
    Was he able to monetize the website? It may have been an austere decision to not renew. A lot of people are falling on hard times due to the economy. There have been a lot of layoffs, even at my own place of work. Even though I didn't like the website, I hope that is not the case. Because I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

  17. #92
    Regular Member Archetype0ne's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-06-18
    Posts
    1,505

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    J2b2-L283/J-Y197198

    Country: Albania



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jovialis View Post
    Was he able to monetize the website? It may have been an austere decision to not renew. A lot of people are falling on hard times due to the economy. There have been a lot of layoffs, even at my own place of work. Even though I didn't like the website, I hope that is not the case. Because I wouldn't wish that on anyone.
    I saw no indication of monetization outside of Gold memberships, but doubt those are recurring hence they can only cover so much. Depending how the domain was leased/bought costs can indeed bubble. But I am sure if that was the case crowdfunding would have been easier to achieve rather than an abrupt shutdown.

    Hope the guy is healthy and well.

  18. #93
    Elite member
    Join Date
    07-09-14
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    5,427

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-L617
    MtDNA haplogroup
    W6a

    Ethnic group
    Polish
    Country: Poland



    Try accessing it from your phones, the mobile page works.

  19. #94
    Advisor Jovialis's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-05-17
    Posts
    7,841

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1b2a2a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b7

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    Quote Originally Posted by Tomenable View Post
    Try accessing it from your phones, the mobile page works.
    I just get the cheapname.com page.

  20. #95
    Elite member
    Join Date
    07-09-14
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    5,427

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-L617
    MtDNA haplogroup
    W6a

    Ethnic group
    Polish
    Country: Poland



    Quote Originally Posted by Jovialis View Post
    I just get the cheapname.com page.
    Yes. Does it mean that someone else bought the domain?

  21. #96
    Advisor Jovialis's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-05-17
    Posts
    7,841

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1b2a2a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b7

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    I have no clue, I suppose we will have to wait and see.

  22. #97
    Banned
    Join Date
    12-10-16
    Posts
    1,262


    Country: Albania



    5 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by mount123 View Post
    Isn't the owner still DMXX? He is an Iranian and also admin of one of their project groups on FTDNA.

    It generally is a site where misinformation spreads are being tolerated and at the same time promoted. Contradicting pseudo-scientific statements against certain European ethnic groups, such as "insert SE European group" being supposedly Ottoman Anatolian remnants apparently gets you banned.

    Hope the website really is down and stays that way.
    You derailed several threads yelling that Southern Illyrians were like Northern Italians even though you had no clue. Don't play so innocent here.

  23. #98
    Regular Member hrvclv's Avatar
    Join Date
    14-03-17
    Location
    Auvergne, France
    Posts
    454

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-U152-DF103
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1bm

    Ethnic group
    Arvern
    Country: France



    7 members found this post helpful.
    Anthrogenica, a den of racists and nordicists ?



    Sure, on Anthrogenica, some people get banned for strange, incomprehensible, sometimes illegitimate reasons. But all things considered, it's no worse than that furious witch-hunt going on here, with a certain fiery moderator enjoining you to shut your trap as soon as you mention anything happening north of the 40th parallel. A crusade against nordicists and nordicism may be just fine, but constant, undue suspicions and aggressive slurs (condemning, stigmatizing, ostracizing... as if one were the sole depositary of the Truth Revealed) eventually turn anti-nordicism into its own form of racism. I moved to Anthrogenica because I found the atmosphere stifling here. I felt comfortable there, discussing things with Irishmen, Poles, but also Portuguese, Italians, Greeks, Turks, Jews and what not. Genetically, I stand on an isthmus between north and south, and feel comfortable with both sides on Anthro. Not so here.
    Whether Anthro gets revived or not, I won't be staying here for sure. I popped in in passing to see how things stood... they are worse than when I left. I hope Maciamo (whom I greatly respect) will eventually put his foot down and take the Thought Police down a peg or two.
    It is therefore worth while to search out the bounds between opinion and knowledge; and examine by what measures, in things whereof we have no certain knowledge, we ought to regulate our assent and moderate our persuasion. (John Locke)

  24. #99
    Regular Member Luso's Avatar
    Join Date
    22-11-21
    Posts
    58

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-Z225
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c3

    Ethnic group
    Portuguese
    Country: USA - New York



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by hrvclv View Post
    Anthrogenica, a den of racists and nordicists ?

    Sure, on Anthrogenica, some people get banned for strange, incomprehensible, sometimes illegitimate reasons. But all things considered, it's no worse than that furious witch-hunt going on here, with a certain fiery moderator enjoining you to shut your trap as soon as you mention anything happening north of the 40th parallel. A crusade against nordicists and nordicism may be just fine, but constant, undue suspicions and aggressive slurs (condemning, stigmatizing, ostracizing... as if one were the sole depositary of the Truth Revealed) eventually turn anti-nordicism into its own form of racism. I moved to Anthrogenica because I found the atmosphere stifling here. I felt comfortable there, discussing things with Irishmen, Poles, but also Portuguese, Italians, Greeks, Turks, Jews and what not. Genetically, I stand on an isthmus between north and south, and feel comfortable with both sides on Anthro. Not so here.
    Whether Anthro gets revived or not, I won't be staying here for sure. I popped in in passing to see how things stood... they are worse than when I left. I hope Maciamo (whom I greatly respect) will eventually put his foot down and take the Thought Police down a peg or two.
    Agreed, Anthrogenica is definitely not a den of nordicists. Not even theapricity is anymore. It's mostly iberians, italians, balkan people, and latin americans. Nordicism in anthroforums isn't really even that much of a thing anymore. It's true that the majority of members on anthrogenica have ancestry from the british isles, or northern europe, but the majority of ancestry test takers are of wasp ancestries so it makes sense. But these people generally are the least of the racist people in my experience, and quite frankly the most respectful compared to others. Sadly, and for whatever reason, southern europeans, and (colonial latin american types) are full of racial insecurity and it's what creates a very radiant environment. I like anthrogenica because it's focused on the scientific approach... albeit there is a lot of bans that are from very small things, and I disagree with some of those decisions, the same happens on other forums for some other pathetic reasons. Every forum has agendas.

  25. #100
    Elite member
    Join Date
    07-09-14
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    5,427

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-L617
    MtDNA haplogroup
    W6a

    Ethnic group
    Polish
    Country: Poland



    4 members found this post helpful.
    I hope Anthrogenica will be back.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •