Is anthrogenica.com gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's true, after all, a real nordicist thinks the Wog begins at Calais.

WOG = Western Oriental Gentleman ................officially used for Chinese in Australia

DAGO = from Diego ...which means James in English .............James = Jimmy ...........Jimmy means a foreigner in Australia

He's just another Davidski parrot I find.
He's half Maniot Greek and half German don't pick up on any Davidski sentiments what leads you to that conclusion? He's always trying to pull ancient Greeks East.

Thank-you Jovialis. You beat me to it. Mr. enter_tain is skating on very thin ice.

Text removed for failure to comply with moderation.

Mr. enter_tain,

I don't know how this has escaped your attention, but you don't get to insult anyone here, and particularly not moderators.

As I have the time, I am going to go back over the Albanian threads, and those posts which insult other people are going to be removed, so if you don't want that to happen to your posts in the future I suggest you learn some manners.

Last edited by a moderator:
No need for conspiracy theories. For now, the domain is simply not paid and is in quarantine period (divided to 45 days grace period and 30 days redemption periods, second with larger fee for renewal, and at the end 5 days pending delete period). Nobody can buy it yet. After 85 days, starting from July 14, it will be possible. The fact that the namecheap.com website shows up only means that it is parked there because it is a domain registrant company.

Why someone hasn't paid for it is another question, but owner has more then 2 months to do it yet. And then, first come, first ordered :)

You derailed several threads yelling that Southern Illyrians were like Northern Italians even though you had no clue. Don't play so innocent here.

I'm not sure that's controversial, it's obvious Illyrians and Northeast Italians descend largely from the same or very similar populations.

Anthrogenica had a lot of levantists too.

What does that mean? Is a 'Levantinist' someone who acknowledges the obvious fact the modern Greeks, Italians and other southern Europeans have some amount of Iron Age Levantine and Anatolian ancestry? Frankly, it's absurd that there have been so many papers which show that this ancestry was widespread in Imperial Roman times and has persisted (to some extent) until today, and yet the researchers are struggling to acknowledge it, despite what their own data are showing. The latest example is the Antonio et al 2022 pre-print about "stable population structure":

unknown.png

The majority of present-day Balkan individuals in the figure above cluster between the C11 cluster and the C4 cluster.

There's a really good poster on Anthrogenica (Moriopoulos) that's from my hometown. He's really tuned in. I think he's super authentic without a superfluous agenda.

Sorry. Made a mistake.

I'm not sure that's controversial, it's obvious Illyrians and Northeast Italians descend largely from the same or very similar populations.

Southern Illyrians were more like Tuscans than Northern Italians. I don't think you understand my point.

There are dedicated threads to discuss substantive population genetics topics, so I won't de-rail the thread, but Anatolia is not the Levant.

What does that mean? Is a 'Levantinist' someone who acknowledges the obvious fact the modern Greeks, Italians and other southern Europeans have some amount of Iron Age Levantine and Anatolian ancestry? Frankly, it's absurd that there have been so many papers which show that this ancestry was widespread in Imperial Roman times and has persisted (to some extent) until today, and yet the researchers are struggling to acknowledge it, despite what their own data are showing. The latest example is the Antonio et al 2022 pre-print about "stable population structure":

unknown.png

The majority of present-day Balkan individuals in the figure above cluster between the C11 cluster and the C4 cluster.

In all honesty I do think it is you struggling to understand what the data are showing, not the researchers struggling to acknowledge what you think it is the case.
I can't see in the genetic literature anything that resembles in any sort an "anti-levantinist" or anti-MENA bias.
I suggest you re-read the papers since the data show that: 1) 3/4 of the near easterner foreigners in Rome in Antonio 2019 were Anatolians who lacked any detectable Levantine ancestry (look up how the near easterners from the danubian limes paper are modelled), all but one in the Serbia were Anatolians, 2) furthermore the data strongly suggest they didn't leave much of a trace (that is expect at most single digit % at the very most, some exotic haplogroup most likely).
Last but not least, the Anatolians in antiquity (as far as they are modelled in the Danubian paper) were roughly half Anatolia_BA and half Balkan_IA, so it can be hard to tell apart their gene flow from Greeks', and the Danubian paper shows no need of such ancestry to explain why modern Balkanites are in the C11 cluster (plot twist: populations as the Greeks and the Thracians,judging from one sample . were already "MENA-shifted" compared to other European populations, thanks to higher caucasus-related ancestry stemming back to the BA).

I wonder why such obvious data are glossed over when talking about modern SE europeans.

The ones in Italy draw the line at the Po. They also think the Swiss want to join them in a confederacy.:LOL: If it weren't so pathetic, it would be funny.

those are dying out i think. nowadays there are more who draw it at the Bosphorus. certainly at the mediterranean sea. and those are not a single dime better then the first ones. i grew to dislike this "hobby" because to me it seems like for most of the community it is about drawing lines.

Do we have Southern Illyrian samples?

There is a leaked PCA showing samples from Iron Age Northern Albania overlapping with Tuscans. This is a bit off topic and notice how I used the word "YELL". This is not about Illyrians.

unknown.png

Don't pollute our website with sophistry. This isn't anthrogenica.

Guys lets not make this thread about Illyrians please. It's giving me fremdschamen.

Regarding all east med shift post BA/ during Imperial times, do some here actually believe that it was pure Anatolian based without Levantine contribution? Maybe I should make a thread on the topic. I believe since the Antonio et al times I have consistently disagreed on this with Jov/Angela, although with Angela not directly, more so it seemed to me she was in Jovialis camp.

Regarding all east med shift post BA/ during Imperial times, do some here actually believe that it was pure Anatolian based without Levantine contribution? Maybe I should make a thread on the topic. I believe since the Antonio et al times I have consistently disagreed on this with Jov/Angela, although with Angela not directly, more so it seemed to me she was in Jovialis camp.
Anatolia_BA is 5% levantine farmer on average according to Lazaridis. I'm in his camp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

This thread has been viewed 107373 times.

Back