Is anthrogenica.com gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, yes? Then why was Sikeliot there under multiple socks which were never banned? On one interesting thread two of his socks were talking to each other. :)
Then, yes, I should have done it the way you suggest, but perhaps they might have done as I asked, and checked to see, as I explained, that I had never posted there, and so I wasn't attempting to deceive anyone.
They chose not to, and I know why. My accounts lead straight back to me, to someone they detested, and so I got banned instead, never having posted there.

Not familiar with whoever that individual is. So I’ll take your word for it. But I recall quite a few sock accounts that got banned there.

What exactly have you done to make those with moderator abilities at anthrogenica to detest you?

Angela I've always been a fan of Eupedia way before I even knew about AG. I've learned a great deal on this site from folks like yourself, Jovialis, LeBrok, etc. Don't think for a moment that I'm in the AG camp (I'd often go back and forth between sites without posting) just because I mentioned someone who I also admire due to his insights and hard work. Maybe I'm naive.

Angela I've always been a fan of Eupedia way before I even knew about AG. I've learned a great deal on this site from folks like yourself, Jovialis, LeBrok, etc. Don't think for a moment that I'm in the AG camp (I'd often go back and forth between sites without posting) just because I mentioned someone who I also admire due to his insights and hard work. Maybe I'm naive.

I'm out of juice but thanks for the post.

I'm glad you feel that way, because the few times you "have" posted I very much appreciated your insights.

Stay around, please. :)

I'm out of juice but thanks for the post.

I'm glad you feel that way, because the few times you "have" posted I very much appreciated your insights.

Stay around, please. :)

Absolutely!

Not familiar with whoever that individual is. So I’ll take your word for it. But I recall quite a few sock accounts that got banned there.
What exactly have you done to make those with moderator abilities at anthrogenica to detest you?

A lot of it has to do with the fact that I certainly don't pull any punches with regards to my views on Davidski, and never have, and many of the mods there are, in my opinion, very much in his camp, and perhaps resent the things I have posted about him.

They have claimed in the past that his personal political views are irrelevant. I completely disagree with that point of view and have made no secret of it. A man with known Nazi, racist views posting about population genetics should at the very least have the utmost scrutiny applied to his work, instead of slavishly accepting it even when there is a complete lack of transparency as to methods etc.

A lot of it probably has to do with the fact that I often called them out for so long tolerating a person like Sikeliot on their site, a notorious t-roll and a completely dishonest broker. I won't bore you with the pathetic tale of the relationship between Sikeliot and me, dating back to the 23andme forum days, but I will just generally say that I caught him in so many lies, and proved them to be lies, down to his pathetic practice of posting pictures of people from Saudi and the Levant and labeling them Italian, that no one could be in any doubt that his data was highly unlikely to be produced in good faith. When that was ignored or some came on here to remonstrate with me, I wasn't always welcoming of the excuses.

I also was quite vocal in response to the ridiculous comments anthrogenica members would make about the views I expressed on this site. I stopped being a Christian quite a long time ago. I don't turn the other cheek when I get slapped. I slap back, and harder. That's also been my training in my professional life, and I wasn't going to become a namby-pamby all of a sudden when insulted.

Then, when ancient dna proved innumerable times that I was right and they were wrong, I wasn't shy about pointing it out. Indeed, it gave me great delight to do just that. Revenge is a dish best eaten cold.

So, they had no reason to like me. Nor did or do I have any reason to like them. Yet, I'm perfectly content to let them post here. I point out where I disagree, but they're not banned or insulted. They have thinner skins it seems. They don't make men like they used to.

In that regard, I would point out that I might have fared better had I been a man. Internet population genetics is very much a man's world, and perhaps they don't like "uppity" women. You wouldn't believe the extraordinarily gross, sexual comments I used to routinely get here on pms. Davidski, when I encountered him on another site, didn't stoop to that level on the site (although I can only imagine what he says in pms) but was quite surprised to find I was a woman. He said I didn't write "like a chick". You can imagine how well that went over with me. :) I believe I said to him or some other misogynist, I'm not sure, that if there was a God and He was good, He would place him in front of me in a courtroom. He wouldn't know what hit him.

As far as I could see, a number of Anthrogenica members considered modern Italians to be descendants of Roman Age Levantines and early Medieval Germanic invaders.:amazed:

^^Explains the odd bedfellows of nordicists and levantists.

We don't need these interlopers to explain anything to us, because we are adept in analyzing the data ourselves.

Thank god that embarrassment to population genetics and all of their garbage musings have been erased and no longer stand the test of time.

Eupedia is where the truth will endure

Riverman, you posted on AG at a higher rate than almost anyone and I know you recognize its value as an open science paradise frequented by some of the most informed and reasonable people in the population genomics space. If you want into the Discord server, just email me.

As for the invectives directed at me and my associates on AG by some of the ignoramuses on this forum, I'm just embarrassed for you.

1.) Charges of AG being too strict:
AG was special because of the academic-style decorum it observed and enforced. It was supposed to be a highbrow space for scientific inquiry and discussion, not a playground for ethnocentrists and nationalists. If we let anybody run roughshod over the TOS, it would have completely defeated the purpose of the forum. By the way, even Davidski was banned on AG several times. The mods didn't play! So much for unabashed Davidski worship!

2.) Charges of bias:
I spent years on anthrofora as the most vociferous anti-Nordicist, pro-Mediterranean celebrant in the world. I've earned my bona fides, so the butthurt ghouls speaking ill of me or AG don't have a leg to stand on. The completely banal recognition of minor Levantine ancestry in certain Southern Europeans doesn't make a person a "Levantinist." It means they live in reality. I wonder how many people in here deny the minor North African ancestry in Spaniards and Portuguese, too. I don't even want to know.

As far as being a Davidski acolyte goes, you might as well accuse me of being a David Reich-ballhugger, Nick Patterson worshipper, Iosif Lazaridis disciple. That's how silly you sound. I like these guys because I respect them. I've engaged with Davidski on matters anthropological since before this forum existed. We've had both moments of agreement and disagreement over the years; he's a good egg and one of the best open scientists I've ever met. There's a reason Nick Patterson has engaged with Davidski on his blog and not with any of you; there's a reason his method has been cited in a recent aDNA paper as inspiring a methodology used therein. And AG has been cited, too. AG is frequented mostly by people who follow the preponderance of evidence, and the nature of an open science community ensures disagreement with poorly argued conclusions or methodological decisions made by certain academics in the field; it also includes a lot of praise and result replication. And if I thought the evidence pointed to PIE coming from the Near East, I'd be delighted. I care about what's true, not what I want to believe. And if David Reich has an smoking gun in Southern Arc to change my mind, that would be most welcome. This is a lesson in character many of you could stand to learn.

One way or another the community will survive. For those too blind or stupid to understand the value of a forum like that, that's entirely your loss.

Yeah right, isn't Polako/davidski the guy so full of himself that for like 7 years he was making fun of R1b-m269 being wogs in origin and was insulting/calling names all of those who said R1b-m269 was proto-indo european ? And when the Yamnaya paper came out, he changed his mind and said he was mistaken because the evidences were against it before. No the truth was that he was too full of himself, stupid and biased to see the evidences. Of course not a word of excuse for his past behaviour.

Speaking of wich he had like a special treatment in anthrogenica, random members acting like him would have been banned 10 times already, he just got suspended one time and then said he won't come back to anthrogenica because of the horrible moderation. Yeah ! finally he found out the obvious about anthrogenica, took him 8 years. I mean I agree with some of your points but don't forgot that he's full of himself and also made many big mistakes in his interpretations, never forget this. Oh and don't your back hurt with all that self sucking ?

Davidski had said that Mycenaeans would be 'Sintashta clones'. Can you mention a case where you had disagreed with him?
Besides Sikeliot had an account on Anthrogenica for quite some time even though it was well known and obvious he was a troll.
I'll bite even though I said I will refrain.
Davidski from May 2017:
Why would the Myceneans not just cluster with the majority of the Bronze age Balkan samples instead of that 1 R1a1a outlier from Bulgaria?
Who claimed that? I didn't.
What I said was that the Z93 sample (not really an outlier, because he forms a very neat cline along with Balkan Yamnaya, Vucedol and most other Balkan BA samples) might represent the arrival of the horse/chariot complex in the southern Balkans, and related admixture in Mycenaeans.
I have no idea how much of this admixture will be in the sampled Mycenaean groups. We might find one Sintashta clone in one of the grave shafts that has Sintashta horse bits as grave goods, or we might not
. The Sintashta-related admixture might be more evenly spread out in the Mycenaean elite, or even across their whole society.
My thoughts at the moment are that the proto-Mycenaeans arrived in the Balkans with Yamnaya, and I think it's pretty clear from the PCA above that if not for the really spotty sampling of the EBA Balkans in this paper, we'd see a massive surge of Yamnaya ancestry into the Balkans during the EBA.
I think that the horse/chariot complex had a profound impact on Mycenaean culture, but that it was a secondary layer of steppe influence in the Mycenaeans.

I'll bite even though I said I will refrain.
Davidski from May 2017:
Why would the Myceneans not just cluster with the majority of the Bronze age Balkan samples instead of that 1 R1a1a outlier from Bulgaria?
Who claimed that? I didn't.
What I said was that the Z93 sample (not really an outlier, because he forms a very neat cline along with Balkan Yamnaya, Vucedol and most other Balkan BA samples) might represent the arrival of the horse/chariot complex in the southern Balkans, and related admixture in Mycenaeans.
I have no idea how much of this admixture will be in the sampled Mycenaean groups. We might find one Sintashta clone in one of the grave shafts that has Sintashta horse bits as grave goods, or we might not
. The Sintashta-related admixture might be more evenly spread out in the Mycenaean elite, or even across their whole society.
My thoughts at the moment are that the proto-Mycenaeans arrived in the Balkans with Yamnaya, and I think it's pretty clear from the PCA above that if not for the really spotty sampling of the EBA Balkans in this paper, we'd see a massive surge of Yamnaya ancestry into the Balkans during the EBA.
I think that the horse/chariot complex had a profound impact on Mycenaean culture, but that it was a secondary layer of steppe influence in the Mycenaeans.

Are you his representative? See if he had used the phrase 'Sintashta clones' on Anthrogenica too and post that too to get the whole picture.
Those who have 'Sintashta horse bits as grave goods' can be 'Sintashta clones'. Is that YOUR position too? And what happens if they don't?

We are talking about a person who has called Herodotus a 'geographer' btw.

Are you his representative? See if he had used the phrase 'Sintashta clones' on Anthrogenica too and post that too to get the whole picture.
Those who have 'Sintashta horse bits as grave goods' can be 'Sintashta clones'. Is that YOUR position too? And what happens if they don't?

We are talking about a person who has called Herodotus a 'geographer' btw.
I wonder what your point might actually be?

You should wonder what YOUR point is because YOU quoted me.
I corrected you on the claim that Davidski asserted Mycenaeans will turn out to be Sintashta clones.
Unless he said it somewhere else.

"Those who have 'Sintashta horse bits as grave goods' can be 'Sintashta clones."

Sure they can be and they can not be. Don't see anything wrong with this line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

This thread has been viewed 107373 times.

Back