Is anthrogenica.com gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

arobert6239

Reaction score
I haven't been able to access the website for much of today. Anyone have better luck?

It's down, same here.

It's still down for me.

looks like it is down.

DoS attack perhaps?

This is weird, has the website been deleted? This is what comes up in the google search:

ncvaEMs.png

I'm permanently banned from there, so it doesn't matter to me one way or another.

looks like it is down.

DoS attack perhaps?

This is weird, has the website been deleted? This is what comes up in the google search:

ncvaEMs.png

I'm permanently banned from there, so it doesn't matter to me one way or another.

I have been on it 6 times today....no issue .................is your link to the site corrupted ?

Anthrogenica is unavailable in Europe.

Fremont-CA - US
OK

Toronto - CA
OK

Amsterdam - NL
-
Gateway timeout.

Melbourne - AUS
OK

Singapore - SG
OK

looks like it is down.

DoS attack perhaps?

ncvaEMs.png

They probably just removed the meta tags so no crawler can get information what the website is for (and i think it was like this before it went down), usually that brings to less to none google search results popping out from anthrogenica. They are trying to keep it more close-forum probably.

Anthrogenica is unavailable in Europe.

Fremont-CA - US
OK

Toronto - CA
OK

Amsterdam - NL
-
Gateway timeout.

Melbourne - AUS
OK

Singapore - SG
OK

I tried different proxies, doesn't work with any.

Not sure why but only on my phone can I access Anthrogenica. On my laptop it doesn't work?

No big deal. It's hopelessly biased.

Mind you, Apricity is far worse and is still standing.

Yep, and Apricity isn't, and will never be a scientific genetic forum by any stretch. Forum full of insane personalities, and a cesspool of mental illness. Even found myself during COVID turning insane being on that forum... bad for the mental health

Oh wow... now even on my phone the site doesn't work. Sad, sad... someone doxing it? Wtf why?

What makes you think so?

Google seems to have blocked some content or the site wasn't in good shape to get crawled properly. You coulnd't search any pages from Anthrogenica on Google, while it works for Eupedia and even Apricity. It worked in the past, so either there was some change on the site, or Google blocks it. It was an issue discussed on Anthrogenica, but none of the staff responded afaik.

Google seems to have blocked some content or the site wasn't in good shape to get crawled properly. You coulnd't search any pages from Anthrogenica on Google, while it works for Eupedia and even Apricity. It worked in the past, so either there was some change on the site, or Google blocks it. It was an issue discussed on Anthrogenica, but none of the staff responded afaik.

Why would Google block Anthrogenica but not Apricity? Yeah searching the site works better in Bing. Not sure why is that.

There are special configs which you can put in the server to block search engines to crawl your content. Anthrogenica might want to do it intentionally, who knows. I doubt Google would censor Anthrogenica, absolutely nothing there to indicate for that, in my own understanding they want their website to have a very specific audience and perhaps even members.

Status
Not open for further replies.

This thread has been viewed 106614 times.

Back