Is anthrogenica.com gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, I just remembered and feel I should put this tidbit out there.

Be wary that the mods there will read your PMs to other users, and share the information between them and their friends.

Your personal info/sensitive data will be shared and used against you if they take an interest in you, they have routinely been doing it on one of their discords also, sharing people's personal information and other stuff relating to their personal lives either for a laugh or to be used as leverage in the 'forum wars'.

Also, I just remembered and feel I should put this tidbit out there.

Be wary that the mods there will read your PMs to other users, and share the information between them and their friends.

Your personal info/sensitive data will be shared and used against you if they take an interest in you, they have routinely been doing it on one of their discords also, sharing people's personal information and other stuff relating to their personal lives either for a laugh or to be used as leverage in the 'forum wars'.

It is against GDPR rules in EU but I am sure also in US or UK law it is strongly forbidden. Can you show more details about such behaviour of their mods?

It is against GDPR rules in EU but I am sure also in US or UK law it is strongly forbidden. Can you show more details about such behaviour of their mods?

No, I am not willing to show anything at present because the matter that concerned me (doxx'ing) in the past has been closed and an agreement reached with the perpetrator mod responsible. Although, I do know and have evidence of some of the highbrow gang members stalking me recently (online), talking shit about me and joking around at the expense of my personal life and that of my family's.

I don't have the time and patience to start a full-out war with them, but, in case they are reading this post, I do have folders of screenshots regarding their behavior.

If the mods believe I am stepping out of line with my warning, they should delete both my posts.

No, I am not willing to show anything at present because the matter that concerned me (doxx'ing) in the past has been closed and an agreement reached with the perpetrator mod responsible. Although, I do know and have evidence of some of the highbrow gang members stalking me recently (online), talking shit about me and joking around at the expense of my personal life and that of my family's.

I don't have the time and patience to start a full-out war with them, but, in case they are reading this post, I do have folders of screenshots regarding their behavior.

If the mods believe I am stepping out of line with my warning, they should delete both my posts.

It's good that you have pointed out that that has happened to you. I have not had anything even remotely similar happen to me. Can you divulge what the subject matter was that caused them to start harassing you? It might not be anything I have an interest in or might. If it is then I would like to know what could cause them to target me if it is something that I am interested in.

Both sides keep throwing stones and using examples of members of each site as being the cause the sites being bad. I go to both sites for discussions about the scientific papers and I see good and bad information at both sites. Every single person that states they have been good at predicting specific results has been wrong about other things and many times they don't care about certain scientific details.

One of the things that interests me a lot is DF27 and I learned about a page the rox2cluster google site about ancient DF27 at Anthrogenica. I did not learn about it at Eupedia. Does that mean Eupedia is bad? No. Does it mean that there are things I can find at Anthrogenica that I can't find at Eupedia? Yes.

Does that mean there are things on that page that I learned that I didn't already know? No.

I find that page to be very interesting because it reflects very well a lot of specific points that I had already known about or concluded on my own accord and some I had been pointing out a lot. Now there is someone else out there pointing out some of the same facts about DF27.

There is very little discussion about DF27 at this site even though DF27 is so common in Spain and France and also found in lower frequencies in several other countries in Europe. However there are several long threads about DF27 at Anthrogenica.

I am also very interested in advanced Y-DNA testing and also in checking BAM files of ancient specimens for unreported positive, negative, and no-call SNPs. Those don't seem to be very popular here either. Anthrogenica has or had enough people also interested in those subjects.

If Eupedia ever becomes better at the above three main interests of mine then I will probably visit here more.

Both sides keep throwing stones and using examples of members of each site as being the cause the sites being bad. I go to both sites for discussions about the scientific papers and I see good and bad information at both sites. Every single person that states they have been good at predicting specific results has been wrong about other things and many times they don't care about certain scientific details.

I was about to upvote you for the other post, then saw this.

Please tell me which of my predictions have been proven to be incorrect, if you'd be so kind.

The site is back!

Great, good riddance.

Also, so much for having a discussion. That's fine, it gets boring having people only argue with G25 models. Then going down a rabbit hole of people defending it in spite of academic papers saying otherwise. Then having to deflect nonsense accusations, etc.

Apricity has some of the most stupid people I have ever seen.

indeed
and the most racist i have ever seen

Since the thread got bumped this is the (relevant to this thread part of the) last update regarding their forum:

ADMIN

Dear Community,

We are pleased to confirm that the active administration now has full access to the site's internals.

The site, its content and the community itself are, therefore, not at risk of being lost.

A full statement, which will include a summary of events and our mitigation strategies (which we've already implemented in part), will be provided to the community in due course.
[...]

yoI4YjP.jpg

Ethnic enclaves of Chicago circa 1950.

You can't take random samples from each community, put them all in one cohort, create an average, and say it represents the racial character of the city of it's time. That would be absurd and pretty stupid.

And with that, I am closing this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

This thread has been viewed 107219 times.

Back