Is anthrogenica.com gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
urban dictionary: anthrogenica i was checking, and i stumbled across this. it does seem that some people dislike the place strongly.
To be fair, I haven't seen a genetic forum that can't be explained like that. Some are just more severe than others. I don't necessarily like anthrogenica, but I don't say anything controversial on there so I don't have to worry about getting banned. I heard their banning system is very bipolar by some, but I haven't been banned for anything stupid as of yet so I can't speak on it. I do think that site has many great informative threads, and that are a handful of good insightful members there, so to me it's a bit sad to see it down. We were getting a lot of new samples released on there and I've been waiting for the Portuguese ones to be released for some time now

It is a good source for papers i give them that;)
Many of the dna papers threads i started
Here in eupedia
Where from anthrogenica source
And they do have some experts there in analysing bam files y calls :
Pribislav, david bush, rafc,
So yes overall it is a good site
Better than apricity for sure:LOL:

p.s
though i still stand with my claim that they banned many good us, ers
through the years
that shouldn't been banned

I posted all the papers here in the past. Its demise wouldn't mean we wouldn't know about the papers. All it would mean is checking Lazaridis or getting notifications from Nature or Science Direct etc.

Anthrogenica just sometimes posted first the papers from European labs because of the time difference.

Big whoops.

To be fair, I haven't seen a genetic forum that can't be explained like that. Some are just more severe than others. I don't necessarily like anthrogenica, but I don't say anything controversial on there so I don't have to worry about getting banned. I heard their banning system is very bipolar by some, but I haven't been banned for anything stupid as of yet so I can't speak on it. I do think that site has many great informative threads, and that are a handful of good insightful members there, so to me it's a bit sad to see it down. We were getting a lot of new samples released on there and I've been waiting for the Portuguese ones to be released for some time now

So, if you don't express your real opinion you'll be fine.

What an accolade for a forum on population genetics.

I posted all the papers here in the past. Its demise wouldn't mean we wouldn't know about the papers. All it would mean is checking Lazaridis or getting notifications from Nature or Science Direct etc.

Anthrogenica just sometimes posted first the papers from European labs because of the time difference.

Big whoops.

you got a point angela:unsure:

It says the domain has been taken… By some new DNA analysis service. Real strange stuff… I hope it’s not gone forever.

For some reason it seems like anthrogenica and Eupedia users hate each other but it is much more navigable than this website which is why I enjoy it

I saw the same thing, I saw

it is linked to DNAheritage ....................I doubt that it is MyHeritage, but another

The American and Canadian owners of the site "got a better deal" with a newby

Myheritage is linked with FtDna

Ancestry is linked with Geneanet ( a French site )

Wasn't anthrogenica really just an extension of the eurogene blog? Because it seemed like everyone just agreed with what Generalismo said, and the moderators cracked down on anyone that opposed him.

It makes me wonder if all of the authors of the papers that he was irate at would be banned, if they would debase themselves to argue with laymen.

Wasn't anthrogenica really just an extension of the eurogene blog? Because it seemed like everyone just agreed with what Generalismo said, and the moderators cracked down on anyone that opposed him.

It makes me wonder if all of the authors of the papers that he was irate at would be banned, if they would debase themselves to argue with laymen.

Not really and some of the authors were even there, with many other members having good connections to teams and authors.
Also, many are good at analysing data, assigning haplogroups and creating G25 models, which are very useful, regardless of some criticism.

I wonder if David Reich would have been banned from anthrogenica.

I wonder if David Reich would have been banned from anthrogenica.

fUGccd2.png

How about these guys?

fUGccd2.png

How about these guys?

most likely he would be banned
i think the future southern arc paper is going to be a disaster
for davidski :LOL:
with all the: we were steppe and aryan and we gave civilization
to the southern european natives theory

p.s
minoans
for example were great civilization with almost no steppe

Thank you, everyone that has posted. I found you all again. ...begrudingly thanking google....
Geography Anthropology and these days Genetics are my academic loves

I could not find Anthrogenica, thought I may have done something untoward that I had forgotton....
like get banned from the eurogenes blog for being disagreeable or something. (my sailor language can be a off-putting)

I served onboard a submarine as a navigation electronics technician before going to graduate school where medical issues intervened , a stroke...
So forgive me for my trespasses, I don't think I have rubbed anyone here wrong.

I am DF27 z195 colonial originating from Scotland, here to observe and learn.

p.s
minoans

I doubt it. The Iranian ancestry might be real, but it can't come out of the blue. Like it could have been on the steppe since R. yar, rather than later. And this would imply, just like the patrilineages, a steppe origin. The patrilineages are key and if there was no late expansion from Anatolia-Iran onto the steppe, PIE had to come from the steppe. A female or centre transmitted approach is very unlikely and the sheer absence of evidence of steppe admixture in most of Anatolia proves nothing. Because we know from archaeology how the Cernavoda into Troy movement of steppe groups happened, and we can assume that by the time they reached more central portions of Anatolia, any steppe ancestry must have been completely diluted.

As for David's blog, it's his blog, where he can write more freely at his own risk. Anthrogenica on the other hand tried always to keep its risk for bad reputation or even legal problems as low as possible, which is why they were so hard to many and part of the reason why some rather unfair banning happened there as well.

p.s
minoans

Indeed, the first advanced civilization in Europe.

Anthrogenica had it's flaws too but it provided a really large amount of information. (I could pull a list actually.)
When I started arguing with some of them and provided good evidence to back my claims I could see my opponents back peddling and reconsidering their stance and of course when I am wrong I should backpedal too. And it did happen.

I wished they made their site available for guests who are not members so it's easier to lurk.
They had a very strict policy and banned many members for little to nothing. It's not just about bias, it is abusive and paranoid moderation.

Has anyone saved the content from the website? Such as Internet Archive? The fact that it has disappeared without warning makes me think it is some kind of attack.

I doubt it. The Iranian ancestry might be real, but it can't come out of the blue. Like it could have been on the steppe since R. yar, rather than later. And this would imply, just like the patrilineages, a steppe origin. The patrilineages are key and if there was no late expansion from Anatolia-Iran onto the steppe, PIE had to come from the steppe. A female or centre transmitted approach is very unlikely and the sheer absence of evidence of steppe admixture in most of Anatolia proves nothing. Because we know from archaeology how the Cernavoda into Troy movement of steppe groups happened, and we can assume that by the time they reached more central portions of Anatolia, any steppe ancestry must have been completely diluted.
As for David's blog, it's his blog, where he can write more freely at his own risk. Anthrogenica on the other hand tried always to keep its risk for bad reputation or even legal problems as low as possible, which is why they were so hard to many and part of the reason why some rather unfair banning happened there as well.

Will see what david conclusion
In his paper will be
We got here huge amount of new samples 731 ( males+females)
Maybe he saw some pattern in there autosomal:unsure:
About steppe signiture in balkan and armenia and not in anatolia
If i remember 2 bronze age armenians( rise 423, and rise416) who happen to belong to undefined branches of e-m84
Did carry some steppe ancestery autosomaly speaking..
So i still believe the steppe ancestery came from pontic just spread south to armenia and west to balkan and other areas of europe
About the homeland of indo-european languages we dont know yet

Last edited:
I had been wondering if Anthrogenica was down or permanently gone. I haven't been able to access the website for quite some time now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

This thread has been viewed 107383 times.

Back