Is anthrogenica.com gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The main reason why anthrogenica was more active was because it dealt with the entire world of genetics, when eupedia is primarily based on Europe.
Yes, really there is active group of Turkish, Maghrebi, Kurdish, Indian, Pakistani, or Horner users interested in genetics so they can't realise here.

Yes, really there is active group of Turkish, Maghrebi, Kurdish, Indian, Pakistani, or Horner users interested in genetics so they can't realise here.

Moreover, I think Europeans are probably less interested in genetics compared to other groups. IRL, I know most Italians don't really care about the subject.

^^Of all the European groups I think Albanians are probably the most interested in genetics, because relative to their population size (2.8 million) there are many participants. Which is not a bad thing (clearly since I like it too), but it is just something I noticed.

^^Of all the European groups I think Albanians are probably the most interested in genetics, because relative to their population size (2.8 million) there are many participants. Which is not a bad thing (clearly since I like it too), but it is just something I noticed.
Yes indeed, generally Balkanites and Greeks among Europeans. Then Brits. Then Iberians. Such order more or less.

Riverman, you posted on AG at a higher rate than almost anyone and I know you recognize its value as an open science paradise frequented by some of the most informed and reasonable people in the population genomics space. If you want into the Discord server, just email me.

As for the invectives directed at me and my associates on AG by some of the ignoramuses on this forum, I'm just embarrassed for you.

1.) Charges of AG being too strict:
AG was special because of the academic-style decorum it observed and enforced. It was supposed to be a highbrow space for scientific inquiry and discussion, not a playground for ethnocentrists and nationalists. If we let anybody run roughshod over the TOS, it would have completely defeated the purpose of the forum. By the way, even Davidski was banned on AG several times. The mods didn't play! So much for unabashed Davidski worship!

2.) Charges of bias:
I spent years on anthrofora as the most vociferous anti-Nordicist, pro-Mediterranean celebrant in the world. I've earned my bona fides, so the butthurt ghouls speaking ill of me or AG don't have a leg to stand on. The completely banal recognition of minor Levantine ancestry in certain Southern Europeans doesn't make a person a "Levantinist." It means they live in reality. I wonder how many people in here deny the minor North African ancestry in Spaniards and Portuguese, too. I don't even want to know.

In my opinion, the issue with AG isn't that they were too strict, but that the Mods were too biased with the double standards, which resulted in different treatments of users that behaved the same. For instance, certain Afro-centrists from ES often derailed topics about Ancient Egypt, Basal Eurasians, Natufians/Iberomaurusian. By doing so, they regularly were responsible for threads getting closed, many comments erased and other users getting infractions and yet they got a free pass. Plus, these Afro-centrists were never banned for repeatedly accusing others of racism, white supremacy, or anti-blackness for the mere fact, that they didn't accept their assertion that BE, Natufians, or Ancient Egyptians were a subset of "African diversity". The thing is, that the Afro-centrists on AG use inflammatory language, and everybody who engages in a hot debate with them either risks a ban or gets permanently banned. In contrast, the Afro-centrists that started the strife get away with it. Matter of fact, posters that don't have the favor of the Mods get banned for ridiculous and harmless reasons.

However, I agree with you on this, on AG there was no room for Nordicism or white supremacy at all. On the contrary.

Albanians are 10 million. Outside of Eupedia I tend to see more Greeks than Albanians interested in Genetics but Albanians are among them with other Balkanites. But it mostly about Ancient Greeks and Illyrians I suppose.

Nope it is only first page of the forum archived in March 2022.

The last working copy for most interestingy sections or threads (except first page) is from October 2021, especially for section General, Autosomal, Haplogroups and Ancient Genetics. Except some regional sections for some reasons which could be quite new, probably not blocked from indexing.

And it is AG fault, they restricted Google (so Wayback Machine too) from archiving content some months ago.
I wondered why they did that but here is the result.

bummer
do you think it will be back someday ?
i was banned forever years ago but i was able to read the threads by translated form :unsure:

bummer
do you think it will be back someday ?
i was banned forever years ago but i was able to read the threads by translated form :unsure:

It could be just paying 13.98 USD for renewal:LOL: But why some admin in charge can't pay cost of his lunch it is another problem.

Moreover, I think Europeans are probably less interested in genetics compared to other groups. IRL, I know most Italians don't really care about the subject.

I know the French are rather disinterested much to my dismay.

Nordicists should neve be tolerated in any context.... It's the spanish-nationalists that had me on the ropes, easier to just clam up keep my thoughts to myself than to argue and get banned, learned my lesson.

Nope it is only first page of the forum archived in March 2022.

The last working copy for most interestingy sections or threads (except first page) is from October 2021, especially for section General, Autosomal, Haplogroups and Ancient Genetics. Except some regional sections for some reasons which could be quite new, probably not blocked from indexing.

And it is AG fault, they restricted Google (so Wayback Machine too) from archiving content some months ago.
I wondered why they did that but here is the result.

Could you archive the whole forum in the past? Like when I am lurking older posts and I am not signed in, it only gives a limited amount of pages to lurk.
So if I used the archived version back when it was available I would not have issue with it?

Yes, I think you're right about Europeans not caring much about DNA testing. Overwhelming majority of Portuguese (and Spanish too I'm sure) don't care about DNA testing. Probably a big reason why I barely have any close matches from Portugal on all 3 platforms (23andMe, AncestryDNA, and FTDNA). Most of my matches are latin americans in central and south America.

Anthrogenica also provided a very large selection of samples both ancient and modern provided of G25 from Michalis. I would recommend Michalis to open a blog of his own and share his good work if Anthrogenica does not come back.

I didn’t really surf enough of the website on a regular basis to have a meaningful opinion on the aforementioned issues.

I did regularly surf the academic studies section and the I1 haplogroup section and found the updates and discussions of certain studies to be helpful to my own research. I was especially looking forward to the continuing analysis and discussion of the forthcoming Anglo-Saxon study. Hopefully, we’ll be able to produce a similarly helpful and informative thread here.

Yes, I think you're right about Europeans not caring much about DNA testing. Overwhelming majority of Portuguese (and Spanish too I'm sure) don't care about DNA testing. Probably a big reason why I barely have any close matches from Portugal on all 3 platforms (23andMe, AncestryDNA, and FTDNA). Most of my matches are latin americans in central and south America.

The main reasons for Germans not to test are concerns about privacy and what the big, international companies might do with their data. That's the No. 1 reason for Germans not to test. Everything else comes at a distance, but clearly, the records are better available in many European countries and you can do a lot of genealogical research without testing.
In America, many trees end with the great-grandparents and with entries which make no sense or give such meaningful places of origin like "Germany", "Austria" or "Bohemia", and sometimes even that is wrong. You never find the local records based on that in too many instances. So for many genealogically interested Americans, the DNA option is the only way to discover more about their genealogical and ethnic heritage. In other parts of Europe, that's different. You can sometimes research your ancestors back to Medieval Times - in paper records.

anthrogenica choose such a bad timing to fall down:upset:
just before the papers :on the southern arc
and
the paper from the ancient balkan y dna thread
i think both are expected soon

Could you archive the whole forum in the past? Like when I am lurking older posts and I am not signed in, it only gives a limited amount of pages to lurk.
So if I used the archived version back when it was available I would not have issue with it?

What it suprising this post limit still is active even on archive.org copy (I saw it few times when checking archived AG threads) but now you can't log in to avoid it.

I got this message from someone:

"If anyone does want to access the site right now you just need to add this to your local hosts file:

188.114.98.160 anthrogenica.com "

I didn’t really surf enough of the website on a regular basis to have a meaningful opinion on the aforementioned issues.

I did regularly surf the academic studies section and the I1 haplogroup section and found the updates and discussions of certain studies to be helpful to my own research. I was especially looking forward to the continuing analysis and discussion of the forthcoming Anglo-Saxon study. Hopefully, we’ll be able to produce a similarly helpful and informative thread here.

Unfortunately, the timing couldn’t have been worse for us. As I’m also very interested in the Anglo Saxon paper. As kingjohn pointed out, a lot of the regular anthrogenica users have moved over to Discord. So you may want to check it out:

https://www.eupedia.com/forum/threa...com-gone/page7?p=651761&viewfull=1#post651761

Albanians are 10 million. Outside of Eupedia I tend to see more Greeks than Albanians interested in Genetics but Albanians are among them with other Balkanites. But it mostly about Ancient Greeks and Illyrians I suppose.

I don't think we are even 10 million. More like 7 maybe all around the world.

Albanian dna project is nowhere even as big or active as the Serbian.

anthrogenica choose such a bad timing to fall down:upset:
just before the papers :on the southern arc
and
the paper from the ancient balkan y dna thread
i think both are expected soon

So nice to know you don't trust us to adequately analyze the papers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

This thread has been viewed 107162 times.

Back