Modena-Best Food in Italy?

Angela

Elite member
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Italian
Well, clearly, that's not true; Parma has the best food in Italy. :)

A good video, nonetheless, with lovely views of a lovely small city, and charming posters.

Bruno Barbieri, famous Italian chef, from Bologna, and obsessed with tortellini. :) Here he shows how to make fonduta di parmigiana, or fondue of parmigiano cheese to "sauce" the tortellini, and yes, you use heavy cream. People obsessed with "Alfredo" sauce might want to consider making it this way. My nonna, from Parma, often dressed our anolini this way.

Start at 1:17. Basically, two or so ladles of meat broth, then a mound of grated parmigiano, heavy cream, and grated nutmeg.

I have a fondness for him despite his at times rather annoying arrogance, because he looks like my mother's father. :)

I found a recipe that gives proportions, and that you can use even if you don't have any leftover brodo. You can, of course, then double or triple depending on the amount of tortellini or anolini.

Have no idea why he didn't grate nutmeg over it; it's essential in my opinion.

Way too much sauce on these imo, but I suppose it's a matter of taste. Not how we do it in my family.

Tortellini-bolognesi-con-fonduta-di-formaggio.jpg

Parma does have some amazing eats, especially when it comes to cheese and pasta. That video sounds awesome, and I can't resist a good tortellini recipe.

Bruno Barbieri, the tortellini enthusiast, knows his stuff. Fonduta di parmigiana with heavy cream and nutmeg sounds heavenly. It's all about those rich, cheesy flavors, right?

And the bit about him looking like your mother's father? That's a funny connection. Food and family memories often go hand in hand.
But hey, when you're not in the mood for cooking, just hit up irish breakfast near me.

Last edited:

This thread has been viewed 1768 times.

Back